Financial jobs, Banking jobs, Law & Legal jobs, KCB jobs,
NBK Manager Credit Policy & Compliance
- Reviewing, developing, and implementing credit policies and strategies and ensure that the Bank maintains a sound loan portfolio with respect to compliance with state laws and regulations, Bank lending policies and procedures, risk appetite and best practices.
- Ensure adherence to risk management framework in identifying, controlling, monitoring and reporting of all risks. Work with respective unit heads to drive the development and execution of the Business Continuity Plans (BCP) and operational risk and implement effective control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management.
- Provide via sampling and testing and oversight, both a point in time and forward view of individual portfolio trending and remediation’s to either preserve or enhance asset quality, risk management and risk appetite.
- Develop a working relationship with business unit team leaders to highlight the key credit issues facing the area or product under review and helping to provide executive solutions to improve asset quality, risk management and problem debt identification.
- Review and implement the Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS) policy and procedures by integrating them in the bank’s internal credit process and ensuring that Environmental and Social Due Diligence is undertaken for investment projects as per agreed performance standards and international best practices.
- Identify gaps and plan, design, co-ordinate the implementation of comprehensive credit training, operational risk, and compliance programs in consultation with HR Learning and development department and Risk Division.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of agreed action plans, tracking and timely closure of identified credit audit and operational risk issues.
- Keep abreast of financial industry laws and regulations, emerging global banking trends and best practices relating to credit and provide regulatory expertise.
- Provide support to subsidiaries in reviewing and implementation of their credit policies and processes.
NBK Manager, AML & Combating Financial Terrorism
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of the AML/CFT compliance monitoring function, including providing strategic leadership within the function and representing Compliance Department in engagements with partners and key stakeholders within the Bank.
- Provide advice and technical expertise to support effective strategic and business planning.
- Contribute to the development of the AML/CFT function strategy and outcomes, in line with the Bank’s overall strategy.
- Support to establish, review, implement and maintain effective Compliance and Anti-Money Laundering policies, procedures, systems, and controls in compliance with applicable Compliance and AML/CFT legislations/regulations and the Bank’s KYC/AML standards and in line with the best practices.
- Ensure that customers’ accounts are monitored regularly to detect suspicious activity and transactions and examine compliance policies and processes to verify that AML/CFT/KYC-related regulatory requirements are included for meticulous compliance.
- Undertake risk assessment reviews of business units including analyzing monthly reports and other documentation to assess compliance to the AML/CFT Act and report on non-compliance issues to the Head of Compliance.
- Establish and maintain appropriate AML/CFT training programme to create awareness and uphold employees understanding on Anti-Money Laundering & combating financing of terrorism laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Perform customer due diligence checks (KYC) on new and on-going clients as per the Bank’s requirements and in accordance with the Bank -wide AML standards.
- Identity/detect and report suspicious transactions and produce compliance monitoring reports with appropriate recommendations.
- Acting as the point of contact to receive internal AML Suspicious Transaction Reports (SARs) from Employees. Taking appropriate action following the receipt of an internal Suspicious Transaction Report (such as circumstances review, investigation, determination and making (if appropriate) the external suspicious transaction report).
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting of the Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) to Financial Reporting Centre.
- Keep pace with developments in AML/CFT laws and regulations, trends, techniques, and update indicators of money laundering or terrorist financing.
- Supporting in new product risk assessment and new business initiatives, to ensure compliance issues identified are appropriately addressed and suitable remedial measures put in place before they are rolled out.
- Ensure all compliance owned registers are kept up to date e.g. PEP register, complaints, gifts and entertainment, sanctions, breaches etc.
- Ensure that all regulatory changes are reviewed, and the impact notified to the businesses through the Head of Compliance.
- Support in liaison and collaboration with the internal departments, regulators authorities and external services providers to resolve compliance issues.
- Recommend any changes to operating procedures as required in light of regulation or procedural changes and when required provide input into the development of new operating procedures.
- Ensure and understand end-to-end AML/CFT program for effective implementation and monitoring.
- Assume other Compliance tasks and responsibilities as directed by the Head of Compliance & Ethics.
NBK Senior Relationship Manager, Infrastructure
- Implement the Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing Banking Business Development initiatives in line with the Bank strategy and business growth plan.
- Identify opportunities for growth and new business acquisition through market research, analysis and networking.
- Develop, grow and maintain a strong client and transaction pipeline and convert these to businesses that achieve customer satisfaction, the banks financial budgets and strategic goals.
- Actively market and drive the uptake of the Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing Banking services and products to new and existing clients. Identify opportunities for cross-selling of relevant products and services.
- Ensure day-to-day client relationship management and engagement with customers to foster a good and lasting business partnership of the customer and the Bank.
- Promote excellent customer experience by driving and advocating customer requirements through the various functions in the bank to deliver high service standards that delight the bank’s customers.
- Ensure full compliance with Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing Banking standards while adhering of the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Partner with Regional Management, Branch Management teams and Support Functions to increase market share of the Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing Banking segment with regard to customer numbers, products, service consumption and revenues while proactively reducing the non-performing loan book.
- Collaborate with Branch Managers and ensure to drive account utilization and sustainable deposits.
- Drive transactional income from Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing Banking clients through effective customer service and cross selling the Bank’s products and services.
- Establish profitable banking relationships with Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing Banking clients by providing high quality banking and other financial services where the Bank operates
- Provide feedback to Management on Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing Banking market analysis and segmentation with regards to products, credit risk evaluation and customer feedback among others.
- In liaison with other stakeholders, ensure quality portfolio management by effective identification of risks and their mitigations.
- Conduct preliminary credit reviews and make recommendation for new and existing facilities in line with the Bank’s credit policy and Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing Compliance guidelines.
- Regularly monitor performing/non performing accounts within the assigned portfolio.
- Support and coordinate post disbursement loan monitoring.
NBK Corporate Senior Credit Manager
- Develop and maintain co-operative relationships between all stakeholders in the credit value chain.
- Research and obtain sufficient and appropriate information for evaluating business risk.
- Quality Credit evaluation of credit applications to assess whether the credit risk is consistent with the stated risk appetite position supported by sectoral, single obligor, products, currency, tenor and other limits.
- Review & provide credit recommendation based on sound financial and business justification for deals/proposals within acceptable risk parameters and submit for further review and approval by Director Credit/ Executive/ Board Credit Committee.
- Approval of credit applications within a delegated credit approval limit as advised by Management.
- Increase efficiency in internal business processes, operational controls and risk management. Ensure consistency and maintain decisioning TAT in line with the service level agreements with the different business units.
- Monitoring and control of the Corporate Credit Portfolio by daily reviewing & monitoring of corporate loan portfolio to ensure compliance with post approval conditions, sanctioned limits, Bank policies & recommending inclusion of deteriorating accounts in Early Alert Accounts List.
- Support the implementation of the automation of the entire credit process.
- Support implementation of the standardized process flows.
- Continuously develop staff by providing feedback and relevant training to improve productivity & efficiency.
- Sharing best practise with other Business units, Credit Analysts and Relationship Managers to enhance the Bank’s risk profile.
- Continuously seek to up-skill self through training and proactively seek higher responsibilities.