Service Management Jobs, Operations Management Openings, Communication Related Jobs,
TEMBO Service Operations Manager
The Service Operations Manager executes the IT operational service demand of Tembo within the Tembo Operational Model framework in alignment with the MSF IT practices, driving efficiency and effectiveness against set objectives.
S/he maximizes processes and procedures while meeting partner expectations and analyzes the quality of the services provided through defined performance KPI indicators driving continuous service improvement initiatives considering cost-effectiveness.
Acts as tactical communication link managing key relationships, working with relevant key counter parts in all sections and represents the Tembo IT Service Operations in the Demand level of the Tembo Governance.
MAIN FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Supervises/manages the Helpdesk ticketing activity, prioritizes de demand, service levels escalation, as well as the daily support required to ensure the proper function of the Tembo platform along with key performance indicators.
- Supports and coordinates the maintenance (security updates, upgrades) of the systems under his/her responsibility.
- Manages the Service Operations team to ensure the highest working standards and best practices for all incidents and problems by providing guidance, support and direct management, including recruitment and necessary onboarding actions.
- When/where required, act as the customer Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for escalations and support, and co-ordinate the scheduling of intervention with customers and internal resolver groups ensuring the highest level of customer service and communications are maintained to resolve the fault and incident within the prescribed SLA.
- Supervises external service providers to guarantee the system works and incidences are solved seeking to guarantee access to information & monitor the compliance of contractually agreed terms with the outsourcer upon KPIs and SLAs.
- Provides the status of work in progress and related aspects to the Head of Tembo IT, contributing also to the performance of Tembo review processes through analysis and key information metrics.
- Supports the Head of IT in the monitoring and development of the processes and procedures defined plans approved by the Management Team to help fulfil the principles of efficacy, integration and quality.
- Applies and promotes agreed IT Best Practices and Policies (Architecture, IS, GPDR…).
- Monitors and measures the effectiveness (customer satisfactions, productivity, automation) of the services delivered to ensure continuous improvement of partners and users Tembo services experience.
- Contribute to the sharing of knowledge to the organization in the areas under his/her responsibility.
- Provide the status of work in progress and related aspects to the Head of Tembo IT.
- Ensures the successful integration of new areas of service, including relevant processes and procedures in line with the product evolution and as part of the development lifecycle.
- Promotes a fluent relation with the rest of Tembo teams.
- Review processes and procedures to ensure alignment to objectives and business needs/users’ needs.
- 4 years’ experience in projects to improve business processes and implementation of information systems.
- 4 years’ experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through day-to-day management.
- Experience with project management frameworks.
- Experience with services management.
- Experience in managing technology providers.
- Good command of Microsoft Office and/or Open Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems (Totara, Moodle, Cornestone).
- Good knowledge of best practices frameworks and standard methodologies: ITIL, COBIT, SCRUM, Agile, PMP, PRINCE2, LeanIT.
- Knowledge of cloud ecosystems and the architectural framework TOGAF is an asset.
- Knowledge about LAMP environments, eLearning authoring solutions, Web developments, multimedia edition and mobile solutions is an asset.
- User-centred approach.
Communication and Engagement Officer
In close collaboration and supported by the TIC MSF Field Simulation Program manager the main objective of this position is to develop and implement a communication plan/strategy to promote change management in the use of simulation in MSF.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Communication strategy and plans
- Under the guidance of the MSF Field Simulation Program manager develop and implement a communications strategy with adapted content & methodology according to the target audience that ensures :
- maximal awareness of the about the benefit of simulation in and for MSF operations MSF
- timely and appropriate updates and feedback
- Design an ambassadors’ strategy
- Participates in the Data analytics & Reporting. Compile info and update database
Communication materials and channels
- Create and adapt to audience regular engaging communications material , tools and channels, to update them of the latest MSF Field Simulation deployments/progress activities, results, methods, strategies developed and the benefits of simulations ( digital or non digital : presentations/videos with feedback from the field, graphics , infographics etc.)
- Use different channels to communicate (current newsletters, magazines, Tembo, yammer…) and monitor feedbacks
- Update the MSF Field Simulation share point/web page with the plans, project updates and activities implemented , outcomes , progress and tools available on simulation.
- Prepare and disseminate messages, packages and activities to all MSF and to specific target audience as needed, including compiling and finalising relevant materials
- Participate in the design internal channels where MSF staff can propose ideas on new uses of simulation in MSF
- Develop visual &engaging learning spaces, platforms( share points) and material (audiovisual, handouts messages, posters…) : to better explain simulation best practices, modalities, and how to implement it.
Engagement and consultation activities
Under the guidance of the MSF Field Simulation Program manager
- Organizes engagement sessions with stakeholders in medical, log, HR depts., field teams in each OC , and in other OC’s for MSF Field Simulation share the activities, experiences exchange from different projects, and benefits of simulation
- Organize regular engagement communication/sessions to match operations/field teams needs to the benefits of simulation
- Co-creates workshops, brainstorming session to encourage stakeholders (MSF field & HQ staff) can propose ideas and contribute on the way simulation to better serve the operations needs
- Promotes the MSF Field Simulation learning solutions offered
- Reinforce the role and the use of the MSF Field Simulation CoP.
- Support rapid and comprehensive responses to queries from MSF colleagues in relation to MSF’s search for simulation information.
- Support the development and organization of consultation tools and sessions
PLACEMENT WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
This position will be hierarchically and functionally accountable to Program manager of the TIC Simulation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication
- Experience (minimum 2 years) in similar activities
- Experience in developing audiovisual material, graphics and infographics
- MSF experience will be an asset
- Experience creating and managing social media accounts and sites.
- Experiences in other medical humanitarian organisations desirable
- Availability to travel to other OCs and field.
- Proficiency in English & French. Spanish, Portuguese and / or Arabic would be an advantage.
- IT literacy: standard Microsoft office applications. Expertise and knowledge of how to work in a virtual environment, skilled with use of new IT tools and apps, social media, Souk.
MSF Field Simulation Support Manager
The main objective of this position is to support the implementation OCBA MSF Field Simulation project plans
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In close collaboration and supported by the TIC Simulation Program manager in all steps:
- Support the implementation of the OCBA MSF Field Simulation project plans agreed with the OC’s stakeholders
- Centralize the specific demands ( pilots ) that may arise from the field, the HQ OPS and the technical department and LU for the use of simulation.
- Participate in the co-design of the support structure and procedures related to simulation in the OC and its OPS in the Dakar Regional unit.
- Participate in the identification of sites ready to implement the pilots with the cells, and needed dpt med, ops and LU departments.
- Elaborate & coordinate the annual schedule of the pilots implementation ( the prioritization will be previously done the Program Manager with the stakeholders ) in collaboration with :
- Field teams
- Technical on Capacity building & deployments and MIOs
- and with the department involved (ops, med, log, LU ..)
- Plan, adapt resources needed to be deployed based on the plans defined ( MIOS, SME, facilitators, material…) with the support of the Technical on Capacity-Building & deployments
- Organize jointly with the MIO & the support of the Technician on capacity Building , the preparation and implementation of simulation pilots( chronogram, resources,…) in coordination with the cell and the field teams
- Participate on the monitor the implementation of the plans jointly with the Technician on deployments , the fulfillment of specifics stablished pilot’s goals and the proper development of the reports
- Participates in the Data collection, analytics & Reporting
- Participate in the budget follow-up
- Support the communication and change management activities in relation to promote the benefits of simulation, experiences sharing among the different pilots implemented in different projects, reports sharing , etc…
- Participate to the strategy and activities developed to promote the simulation concepts and experiences, and support exchange discussion between projects implementing them with the support of MSF field simulation team.
- Maintain regular contact with OPS, Med, Log LU to keep up-to-date with simulation initiatives and developments
PLACEMENT WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
This position will be hierarchically Program manager of the TIC Simulation and functionally accountable to head of services of
Education and experience
- MSF field experience in management/coordination positions . At least 2-3 years
- Strong project cycle management, communication skills, diplomacy, analytical thinking, leadership skills.
- Experience in simulation will be and asset
- Flexibility and adaptability in dynamic work environment.
- English and French. Spanish and/or Arabic are very much valued.