Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
International Development jobs, Gender Studies jobs, Law jobs, Business related jobs, Economics jobs, Finance jobs, Procurement jobs,Project Administration jobs,
Contracts and Compliance Manager
- Design and conduct subaward solicitation and advertisements
- Lead competitive procurement processes, draft agreements, and develop related subaward documentation.
- Design and prepare Subaward Review Guidelines for evaluators, including scoring formats
- Convene the Subaward Committee Meetings, lead negotiations with applicants, and prepare the Memorandum of Negotiations and Responsibility Determination Statement, awards, and execution
- Conduct due diligence and negotiate agreements with sub awardees
- Oversee the administration, compliance, and implementation procedures of subawards, and ensure compliance with USAID grants regulations, including procurement regulations
- Direct fund transfers after reviewing financial reports and ensuring compliance with subaward agreements (in coordination with technical staff
- Conduct tracking and reporting, ensuring timely usage of funds as per annual work plans
- Issue instructions and provide guidance to sub awardees for the Branding and Marking Plan and Monitoring and Evaluation of grant implementation practices
- Direct and oversee subaward close out and final reporting
- Other tasks as deemed necessary
- Master’s Degree in a relevant subject (MBA, MA in Business, Economics, Finance, Procurement etc.)
- Proven experience in office management and project administration, preferably on a USAID project.
- At least 5 years of experience in subawards or grants management.
- Microsoft office suite proficiency and the ability to operate spreadsheet and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Proactive problem-solving, decision-making, and good judgment skills
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to manage confidential information
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities effectively and efficiently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers, colleagues, service providers and clients
Deputy Chief of Party
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
- Support the Chief of Party in the successful management of all administrative and programmatic functions and activities, in line with the project’s Scope of Work and approved annual work plans.
- In the absence of the Chief of Party, serve as the project representative, liaising directly with USAID, GOK, Palladium HQ, local implementing partners, and the local private sector
- Oversee project technical implementation and successfully deliver work plan activities and annual target indicators. Directly responsible for delivering assigned work plan activities and project indicators
- Lead the annual work plan process, providing sound business acumen and strategic leadership that address the objectives of the project.
- Lead the Opportunities Team, responsible for generating demand for financing and investment, in targeted sectors, and building a transaction pipeline of at least $800 million.
- Select, build the capacity of, and oversee a network of transaction advisors to successfully identify, support and close financial transactions that contribute at least 30% to the total capital mobilized objectives.
- Produce effective written reports and oral presentations on the program, including preparing periodic reports, adaptive learning on developmental challenges facing the program, and articulating (written and oral) the program’s success in meeting deliverables.
- Supervise and manage staff as assigned, including organizing their work, providing regular professional support and coaching, assessing their performance and recommending improvements to help them meet their annual objectives and project’s goals.
- Participate in the development of implementation strategies, analyze existing processes, design and implement new procedures, review budgets, coordinate teams, and locate bottlenecks and recommend ways to streamline processes.
- Oversee public-private partnerships developed for the project, facilitating linkages between the Government of Kenya and potential private sector entities and investors.
- Identify, design, and manage private sector strategic partnerships that unlock financing at scale.
- Manage STTA: develop SOWs and budgets, assist with recruiting and hiring, manage performance within cost and time constraints, and ensure final reporting/completion of activity.
- Oversee weekly, quarterly, and annual reports – contributing significantly to the technical and adaptive learning aspects of said reports.
- Conduct internal travel to rural Kenya as directed to ensure successful project implementation (allowing for COVID19 restrictions).
- Master’s Degree in a relevant subject (MBA, MA in Business, Economics, International Development, etc.) or a BA and 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Eight years of financing/investment experience (10 preferred).
- Five years of project and people management experience (10 preferred): overseeing operations/implementation of activities, and ensuring alignment with project goals, managing to budgets, coordinating teams, managing employee performance, etc.
- Five years of experience (10 preferred) on finance sector projects with similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries.
- Good knowledge of finance and investment for SMEs and experience working with the commercial banking sector in East Africa, Kenyan financial sector experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated soft skills: critical thinking, problem solving, analytical thinking, detail-oriented, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Proven experience developing and finalizing high quality deliverables.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically
- Kenyan professionals preferred.
Women’s Economic Empowerment Director
- Assume overall charge of the WEE component of KIM and provide overall strategic direction and technical oversight across all project results relating to gender
- Lead efforts to identify and overcome gender and social inclusion barriers in investment opportunities in the agricultural sector and be responsible for leading gender and social inclusion assessments, overseeing the development of a Gender Opportunity Facility Action Plan, and mainstreaming gender considerations in project activities.
- In close coordination with the Deputy Chief of Party, and the Finance and Operations Director, coordinate and monitor the responsibilities of all program services (administration, finance, and compliance) activities to ensure that project progress is achieving its goals, objectives and deliverables and is delivered with quality, on time and on budget.
- Lead the design and implementation of a Gender strategy
- Provide cross-cutting leadership across both project components in identifying gender issues within programs and developing strategies for strengthening the integration of gender lens across all activities
- Build staff capacity on the application of a gender lens though the duration of the project
- Develop innovative approaches to advancing gender equity, promoting inclusive development, and preventing and addressing gender gaps.
- Lead and/or support gender opportunity assessment processes, including study design, execution with the benchmarking tool, strategy workshops, data collection and data analysis.
- Provide ongoing technical support for the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs with gender-focused outcomes
- Lead oversight and management into the development and implementation of work plans (with budgets, staffing and timelines for the activities); strategically organizing the work of the project personnel; overseeing and managing deliverables conforming to donors’ requirements and deadlines, including technical reports, progress reports, and project final reports, and the achievements of other specified project technical requirements.
- Monitor project performance against work plan objectives with all project domain areas.
- Oversee regular documentation of the methodology and outcomes of the project for dissemination.
- Work closely with Monitoring and Evaluations Manager and Communications Director to ensure project communications and results reflect inclusive development priorities, particularly with a focus on gender and diversity.
- Lead role in developing and maintaining good working relationships with program donors and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the USAID’s KIM technical team and stakeholders (FIs, BASPs and enterprises), and facilitate organized forums designed to foster gender, diversity, and social inclusion.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in International Development, Gender Studies, Law, or a related field from an accredited university.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in MSME finance, gender lens investing, and women’s entrepreneurship programming.
- Proven expertise in gender and social inclusion, and gender-focused analysis.
- Proven track record engaging with commercial banks to design and roll out products and services targeting women. Experience developing products and services for W-SMEs preferred.
- Experience designing and implementing gender-related trainings and workshops related to finance and investment.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with an ability to tailor the tone, content and form of written output in line with a range of different audiences and to suit a variety of formats.
- Strong leadership, strategic planning, management and supervisory skills; achieving results and meeting deadlines.
- Proven success in dealing with complicated program partnerships and skills in prioritizing major strategies and critical relationships.
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodology and analysis.
- Proficient computer skills with ability to utilize various software including MS project.
- Demonstrated problem solving and diplomatic skills.
- Proven sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Kenyan financial sector.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.