Assistant Spatial Planner
- The Assistant Spatial Planner under the general supervision of the Program Engineer and within the limits of Peace Winds Japan Kenya policies and procedures coordinates the facilitation of field activities and functions within PWJ. The Assistant Spatial Planner will work closely with the Shelter teamand other staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages, maintains and updates a complex computerized asset management system and databases to facilitate and expedite the usability, accuracy, integrity and availability of data for camps planning and space utilization purposes.
- Coordinates the development of space inventory data; manages information to analyze current space and camps planning.
- Makes recommendations to integrate into master plan, strategic plan and facilities planning issues.
- Performs needs assessments for determining actual facilities, land use and space characteristics; develops space utilization recommendations and solutions to unique project planning, engineering and administrative problems as needed.
- Supervises and trains professional technical staff; overseas work and coordinates daily workflow in office.
- Provides direction to team members on project plans and leadership in training staff; sets priorities and makes changes as appropriate to optimize resources and meet deadlines.
- Periodically inspects projects to ensure availability of space and accurate inventory; conducts monthly space audits to determine space needs and priorities for required changes to allow work progress in a sequential order.
- Acts as a liaison with donors and Partners regarding accuracy of data and details of project requirements; works with users and management to obtain information and develop an understanding of needs; recommends solutions utilizing technology.
- Responds to various requests for reports and documentation concerning the functional use of facilities and space to assist in short and long range planning.
- Establishes and implements methods, systems and procedures to systematically collect, update and measure data integrity related to project planning, design and construction of facilities.
- Manages data and construction documents including camps space standards, drawings, specifications, camps maps, records and correspondence.
- Prepares plans for Master Plan of physical facilities, which identify major land uses, building sites, location of utilities, flood control, open and recreational spaces, community and residential impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in, Civil engineering, Surveying, Urban Planning, or any related field.
- A minimum of 3 Years’ work experience in spatial planning and/or urban development planning.
- Proven experience in spatial planning, GIS, or a related field will be an added advantage.
- Strong proficiency in Geographic Information Software (e.g., ArcGIS, QGIS), AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in conducting spatial analysis, working on planning projects, and collaborating with stakeholders may be essential.
- Previous work experience in refugee resettlement setup will be considered an added advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multicultural environment.
- Understanding of the unique challenges faced by displaced populations is desirable.
- Knowledge of spatial planning regulations and policies.
- Ability to ensure all spatial plans adhere to local, regional, and international standards.
Procurement & Logistics Officer
- The Procurement Officer under the general supervision of the Area Manager and within the limits of Peace Winds Japan Kenya policies and procedures coordinates the facilitation of field activities and functions within PWJ. The Procurement & Logistics Officer will work closely with the management teamand other staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Advice PWJ Management on viable, cost-effective and strategic procurement strategies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders and vendors.
- Evaluate existing procurement policies and procedures and advice PWJ Management accordingly.
- Work with key procurement software and systems.
- Support Logistics through fleet management roles, i.e. Car hire vehicle Management, Reviewing Fleet Management Reports and other related documents.
- Confirmation of budget codes, budget control and monitoring in liaison with the Area Manager and Nairobi Office.
- Evaluate and select chosen suppliers using a set criterion such as quality, price, delivery and sustainability.
- Negotiating various contracts with vendors on quality, price and delivery.
- Analyze and complete financial reports and pricing proposals.
- Periodic review of costs from available budgets and take necessary measures for use as per allocation from donors.
- Ensuring consistency with donor and organizational policies, agreements, guidelines, rules and regulations in the implementation of projects while initiating appropriate remedial actions.
- Evaluate and compare products and services to determine which best meet the organization’s needs.
- Keep track of all goods and services ordered and received with a comprehensive inventory.
- Ensure responsible procurement practices are being met and comply with PWJ objectives.
- Creation of purchase orders and make bid requests on supply contracts.
- Calculate all order costs and evaluate invoices for accuracy.
- Prepare and update reports, records and pricing lists.
- Work with other teams for cross-departmental work.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, procurement, or a related field.
- Master’s Degree in the related field would be an added advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proven experience in procurement and logistics roles, preferably in a humanitarian or non-profit organization.
- Familiarity with procurement policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Minimum of 5 yrs. Experience in Officer Position Procurement & Logistics and Fleet Management.
- Knowledge and Experience in Fleet Management of not less than 2 Vehicles.
- Understanding of supply chain management principle.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter detailing their relevant experience and portfolio and/or previous work done to email@example.com.
UN Jobs Salary Scale | United Nations Salary Range
- Please include “ASSISTANT SPARTIAL PLANNER” in the subject line. The deadline for applications is 26th January, 2024.
- Please include “Procurement & Logistics Officer Application – Kakuma” in the subject line. The deadline for applications is 26th January, 2024