Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Procurement jobs, Supply Chain jobs, Sales & Marketing jobs, Business Development jobs, Total Kenya jobs,
Lubricants Sales Engineer
The above-mentioned opportunity has arisen within the Commercial- Specialties Department, Lubricants Sales Section. Reporting to the Lubricants B2B Manager, the incumbent shall be responsible for the following:
- Ensure Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ) policy implementation and compliance at customer locations.
- Achieve set yearly targets for Volumes & Margins in his region
- Monitor the performance and maintenance of lubrication equipment at customer sites
- Advise customers and prospects on product recommendations based on lubrication surveys
- Implement used oil analysis and facilitate used oil sampling for customers
- Interpret oil analysis lab reports and advise customers accordingly
- Conduct technical training for customers and prospects
- Manage the lubricant market segment in his/her region in order to ensure effective & profitable growth.
- Carry out market intelligence in his region to obtain competitor information, carry out quarterly price surveys thus making recommendations to the lubes manager to secure and grow the Lubricants business
- Ensure strict adherence to credit policy by all consumers.
- Offer support to other lubricants channel such as stocking, pricing, merchandising and market intelligence
- Advise the lubricants management of any market/customer changes affecting monthly sales forecasts, blending and importation of lubricants.
- Optimize overhead expenses such as equipment maintenance, seminars, promotions, mileage & stationery
- Liaise with Customer Care Section for customer order processing
- Following up with customer care to ensure pending orders are retrieved and supplied
- Following up with the depot to know position and ensure customer’s orders are delivered.
- Liaise with transporters for local deliveries
- Monitor depot stocks and liaising with other depots and the blending plant for product transfers
- Advise Blending Plant on how to prioritize blending
- Liaise with Sales Administration Section for correct customer prices in SAP
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Context and environment
- Competitive market with increasing number of new entrants
- Increasing awareness among customers leading to high demand on superior support services
- Several departments involved in the successful execution of this job thus calling for teamwork
The job holder requires the following minimum qualifications:
- Degree in Mechanical/Production/Chemical Engineering
- More than 3 years’ exposure in Sales and Marketing environment
- Business Management and Administration skills
- Offer lubricants technical support to all consumers in his/her assigned region
- Maintain profitability and market share of the lubricants business in his/her region
- Identify and develop new marketing opportunities of Lubricants in his region.
The above-mentioned vacancy exists within the Finance Department, Purchasing Section. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the incumbent shall be responsible for the following: –
- In charge of technical portfolios, including but not limited to depots and Lube Oil Blending Plant (LOBP)
- Conducting new vendor vetting and contributing to new vendor account opening
- Sourcing for goods and services from the approved suppliers and negotiating the prices. Ensure quality scoping and BOQ.
- Savings and reporting of purchasing performance
- Timely and quality processing of purchase requisitions in OPTIMA ensuring respect of Purchasing rules
- Planning and interface with various internal and external stakeholders to understand and define requirements and develop action plans for procurement needs
- Launching and administering tenders with comprehensive and quality scoping and assisting users with tender analysis for deliberation and approval as per the TotalEnergies’ laid down regulations
- Performing supplier evaluation and participating to the regular vendor follow-ups through daily communication, meetings, contractor seminars, etc.
- Managing the disposal or sale of capital equipment and excess inventories in line with procedures with the goal of optimizing realization
- Co-ordinating with user departments to ensure job evaluations are carried out timely for all projects
- Managing contract portfolio to ensure coverage for the company through dedicated KPIs
- Ensuring Group and TotalEnergies Marketing Kenya (TMK) Purchasing rules are respected including also compliance and ethics
- KPIs: to contribute to Purchasing reporting with added value comments/analysis and conduct plans
Context and environment
- Striking a balance between cost, quality and timeliness to satisfy end users
- Handling of regular and ad hoc urgent buying needs
- Analysis of systems extracted reports for timely and accurate reporting (SAP, OPTIMA, etc)
- Role exposes one to both internal and external contacts
The job holder will require the following minimum qualifications: –
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; (Mechanical, Civil or Electrical, Production & Technology) & Over 6 years experiences in Purchasing activities
- Project management skills
- Experience in technical commercial procurement
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, communication, organizational and public relations skills
- Able to strike a balance between cost, quality and timeliness to meet business requirements
- SAP/ERP working experience
- High professional ethics, accountability and personal integrity.