Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Law jobs,Accounting jobs,Investment analytics jobs,Finance jobs,
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Providing advice and support to colleagues working on Investments, Advisory, as well as Upstream, in Africa. Assume primary lawyer responsibility for new and portfolio investments, advisory services and Upstream projects in the Africa region. Responsibilities in respect of Advisory services will include oversight of legal analysts preparing documentation based on standardized terms and conditions.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
• Advising on the selection of outside counsel in the Africa region, managing outside counsel and legal costs.
• Interacting and communicating with colleagues in Washington and other regions to facilitate the provision of excellent legal services in the Africa region, including providing advice and support to colleagues in Washington working on projects in the region.
• Obtaining and expanding country knowledge, experience and best practices arising from the business in Africa and efficiently sharing this knowledge.
• Providing general advice and support with respect to all aspects of IFC’s business in the Africa region.
• Qualified to practice law in one or more jurisdictions.
• At least 8 years’ relevant international law firm and/or international financial institution or development finance institution experience.
• Experience in post conflict countries preferably in developing countries desirable.
• The successful candidate will have extensive experience of cross-border secured debt transactions (project and corporate finance including multi-lender transactions).
• Experience in equity and quasi-equity, investment funds and debt capital markets desirable.
• Ability to handle complex corporate and commercial transactions independently.
• Willingness to assume multiple roles and tasks to meet changing business needs with an ability to foresee troubleshoot and effectively resolve conflicting issues and challenges.
• Ability to assess risk in a practical and responsible manner and make fair, well-reasoned, independent decisions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability work effectively in a multicultural environment and build good relations with clients and colleagues.
• Ability to work in a fast-pace environment with quick turnaround expectations.
• Willingness to travel throughout SSA frequently and on short notice.
• Professional integrity and sound judgment in handling confidential information.
• Experience with “know your customer”, anti-money laundering and anti-corruption policies and procedures desirable.
• Excellent communications skills in English, and the capacity to present both written and oral ideas clearly, concisely and persuasively.
• Ability to speak French or Arabic desirable but not essential.
Associate Portfolio Officer – Private Equity Funds
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Responsibilities will primarily involve accountability for portfolio administration, compliance, and reporting and portfolio review activities in support of CDFPE portfolio operations. A key function of this role will be to lead project and process management for multiple specific assignments (related to, among other things, audit, accounting, compliance, and other areas) in CDFPE portfolio operations. This will entail working under the supervision of the Portfolio Manager, but running processes with a high degree of independence, accountability, and business and interpersonal judgment. Specific responsibilities will include the following, as assigned by and in coordination with the Portfolio Manager:
- Portfolio administration & compliance
- Become trusted resource on portfolio procedures, systems and processes; support reconciliation of investment balances and mitigation of operational risks.
- Develop, review, and ensure relevant updates to Portfolio Operating Procedures as applied to PE Funds to ensure simplified and efficient processes.
- Support in developing and tracking a database of Fund investees with key data elements that can be used to better understand which sectors, regions are performing better and which investees could utilize other IFC products and services.
- Track and monitor compliance matters for fund investments, and propose courses of action in the event of non-compliance.
- Use knowledge tools leveraging IFC’s portfolio data, in close collaboration with departments across IFC (e.g., industries and regions, Blended Finance, Accounting, Risk, IT, etc). Define and disseminate benchmarking data based on in depth assessments.
- Develop guidance and knowledge materials, and deliver training for business teams as needed.
- Reporting & portfolio reviews
- Prepare portfolio review materials and presentations, and make recommendations to the Portfolio Manager on improving processes while supporting investment teams on portfolio issues.
- Prepare portfolio supervision reports, including relevant performance analysis and valuation follow-ups.
- Provide views and analytics, review, analyze and respond to queries to ensure quality content and adequate delivery of reports in a timely manner.
- Contribute to CDFPE’s thought leadership on portfolio issues, through analytical and reporting work, including supporting deep dives on select countries and sectors, preparing thematic portfolio reviews, carrying out portfolio stress tests, and compiling lessons learned.
It is expected that all of these functions will be performed in coordination with internal IFC stakeholders as relevant, including: Environment, Social & Governance; Impact Assessment; Portfolio Management, Operations Management (among others) – to optimize portfolio performance, ensure compliance with IFC standards and determine actions to resolve portfolio issues.
- MBA or other relevant Masters degree required; additional qualification (e.g. CFA, CPA) beneficial;
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience, preferably including investment analytics, compliance and/or accounting experience;
- Knowledge of PE transactions and data; strong knowledge of accounting and audit issues; understand impact beyond functional area;
- High professional integrity, sound business judgment, and professional discretion;
- Ability to think independently, analyze problems, identify solutions, and work effectively on simultaneous projects under time pressure;
- Ability to manage processes independently and take responsibility for the full life-cycle of a process, to completion, providing updates throughout;
- High degree of initiative, flexibility, reliability, and willingness to learn;
- Highly motivated and energetic, outstanding interpersonal skills, with a collegial and collaborative work style;
- Comfortable working in a matrix organizational structure; ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds; ability to work with people at all levels and demonstrate responsiveness and excellent teamwork;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with skill to adapt communication style and content appropriately for the audience; additional languages, particularly French, would be a plus;
- Attention to detail, accountable for consistent high-quality delivery;
- Ability and willingness to travel on a limited basis if needed.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.