Free Online Resume Builder
Create an attractive online profile for employers to hire you
Find details here
Human Resources Management jobs, Organizational Psychology jobs, Economics jobs, Administration jobs, Sociology jobs, Public Policy jobs,Administration jobs,
Human Resource Specialist (Africa)
– Coordinate and provide advice and active support to hiring managers throughout the recruitment process, such as: identify resourcing options and strategies, adherence to policy, develop assessment materials, coordinate interviews etc.
– Coordinate and organize HR systems to ensure smooth due processes in the selection and onboarding phase; background checks, offer & contracts, system set-up, induction, and orientations etc.
– Monitors HR best practices for efficiencies or other innovation in Africa Office and NO recruitments.
– Develop recruitment matrices and strategies to ensure timely and optimum staffing in the Area office and NOs.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
– Develop & review policies of the NO and Africa Office which included staff handbook, HR related procedure manuals, to ensure that the documents & practices meet the requirements of Local labor Laws and other statutory requirements.
– Generate HR reports, matrices, data, and analyses on a regular basis, e.g., staff turnover, engagement, retention and together with HRLOD team suggest improvements.
– Collaborate with the HRLOD team to identify and implement employee engagement activities that will enhance ministry alignment and enhance employee morale across Africa Office operations.
– Support the HR Director with the resolution of employee relation issues and disciplinary procedures.
– Coordinate the HFHI performance management system consistently and effectively to foster a performance-based culture across AFR AO.
– Support employees and Line Managers on all performance management issues, setting goals/objectives, monitoring performance, and giving and receiving timely and effective feedback, managing poor performance etc.
– Support in developing and reviewing performance improvement plans reports with the Line Managers and employees.
– Coordinate effective training/ socialization of the performance management system (part of ERP) in AO and across all NOs and ensure everyone understands the system, it benefits and importance.
– Enable a process of tracking progress from goal setting, monthly 1;1s, quarterly Ereviews, mid-year and annual performance reviews, ensure timely feedback is given and areas of concerns are addressed promptly.
– In liaison with the line managers and HRLOD team, address skill gaps that affect performance of employees at AO and NOs level.
– Ensure performance management system supports business goals and is aligned to the relevant strategies and initiatives across AO.
– Support with conducting internal HR Audits ensuring that NOs are aligned to HFHI HR policies, systems, standards, and tools are aligned to local labor law and other HFHI standards.
– Support NOs to complete outstanding Audit and compliance recommendations and issues related to external, internal audits report and internal control issues.
Compensation and Benefits
– In coordination with the HRD, support NOs in developing an overall compensation philosophy (salary increase, salary and benefits structure, timelines etc.) including coordinating in salary and labor market surveys and define benchmarking approaches.
– Analyze different components of the remuneration package internally, Compensation and Benefits surveys and prepare reports about the internal equity and external competitiveness.
Support and train HR colleagues in NOs, NDs and managers in the usage of various compensation tools and policies including development and updates of salary scales, National Staff manuals/ compensation guidelines, etc.
– Work closely with the Change Management Specialist to ensure alignment of the HR projects and current organization change initiatives and strategies across Africa.
– Participates in other HR or organization-wide projects and change initiatives, such as GI25, Unit 4 project, CMR360 etc.
– Ensure there is clear understanding of HR system at NO level including supporting the deployment – assessment of the required infrastructure, HR capacity and building the HR capacity at NOs.
– Actively seek and share best practices in INGOs and the business sector to improve quality of the HR product across AFR AO. Success Criteria: Indicate the metrics or other standards that will be used to measure success in this role.
– Timely resolution of HR issues.
– Consistency in the regularity of salaries and other remunerations across AO.
– Employee attraction and retention.
– Increased HR capacity across the AO.
– Effective system deployment.
– University degree in Human Resources Management or Organizational Psychology, Economics, Administration, Sociology, Public Policy/Administration, or other similar discipline.
– At least 5 years’ HR management experience, preferably within an INGO or international development organization.
– Experience in compensation and benefit management, experience working with country teams across Africa.
– Experience working with at least 3 countries in Africa.
– Hands on experience in HR Audit, Risk, compliance, Workforce Planning.
– Good knowledge of Employment/Local Labor laws and HR best practices in Africa.
Active support of HFHI Values & Commitments:
– Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves
– Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular
– Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission
– Safeguarding: HFHI requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
– A Higher National Diploma (HND) in HRM and practicing member of IHRM and or any other HR certification preferred.
– Experience working with ERP systems.
APPLICATION DEADLINE – 11 FEBRUARY 2022