Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Agricultural Economics jobs, Communication jobs, Agri-Finance jobs,Agriculture related jobs,
Agri-investments Analyst – Financial Inclusion
· analyse Agri-financial information to forecast agribusiness and/or Agri value chains, or economic conditions.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
· analyse farming investment opportunities through the development of in-depth analysis and cash flow models for a wide variety of agricultural commodities within selected project and IFDC countries
· assist in the preparation of investment recommendations for our strategic financial partners and third-party investors
· interpret agribusinesses data on price, yield, stability, future investment risk trends, economic influences, and other factors.
· monitor economic situations and model changes within specified agribusiness.
· use various econometric modelling software and techniques to produce reports
· apply models of economic behaviour to areas such as crop or livestock value chain cost structures.
· provide financial analysis in relation to credit, loans, or investments in a variety of agribusiness sectors.
· enlist some ideas to improve the supply of (adequate) Agri-financial services, through networking with likeminded programs, international/regional financial services providers and/or impact investors.
· Organise learning and contribute to documentation of best practices, lessons-learned on aspects of financial inclusion within the project.
– Any other assignment that the project management deems necessary for the success of the projects.
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position for one (1) year, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and continuing availability of funding. Some regional travel may be required based on need.
How to Apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 5th of Oct 2022, with a letter of motivation, a latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates should apply online no later than 5th of October at 1700 HRS EAT.
NB: Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview with a jury and probably a written and/ or oral test.
· A degree in a discipline relevant to Agri-Finance and Investment Banking, a master’s degree and experience in agriculture is preferred.
· At least 3 years’ experience in Agri-banking consulting/advisory of which 2-3 years of relevant experience in the Agri-Credit-Financing department for a commercial bank.
· Track record in investment plan preparation, Agri-value chains profitability analysis, access to finance brokering and indebt knowledge of Agri- financial products available in the market suitable for smallholder farmers, and Agri-SMEs.
· Proven capacity to work with teams operating at a distance in a development work (NGO) environment for at least 1 years is a must.
· Strong financial modelling and quantitative skills with an entrepreneurial mindset
· Experience in working with FinTech is desirable.
· Ability to coach, lead, stimulate, and inspire professionals.
· Ability to communicate technical information to non‐technical people
· Proficiency in both written and spoken English. French is an asset.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills, excellent presentation skills, and highly effective analytical skills
Consultant to provide coaching and mentoring support to Agribusiness Clusters (ABCs)
- Conduct an assessment and prioritisation of the capacity development needs of ABC coaches and design a program to provide same.
- Support ABC coaches, Business Support Service (BSS) providers, rural entrepreneurs, and other grassroots actors to set clear vision and to understand their roles in the ABCs.
- Plan and lead capacity building sessions for all ABC coaches supported.
- Provide regular field support to ABC coaches, Business champions, and other grassroots actors to strengthen the functioning of the ABCs and field level governance system. ABC functions include but not limited to:
- enhances access to agro-inputs and services
- encourages coordinated action, collective learning, co-innovation and co-investment
- facilitates empowerment, more voice and better bargaining power of the grassroot actors
- Support the ABC actors to develop strategies to embed the cost of coaching and other paid advisory services within the partnership cost structure.
- Provide support to the ABC coaches network (Community of Practice) in-country and facilitate cross learning among coaches both within and outside of the country of post.
- Support (through the ABC coaches) Producer Organisations (POs), micro, small and medium sized enterprises to perform in a professional and well accepted standard to improve their business performance.
- Contribute to the development of ABC Annual Action Plans (AAPs) and support ABC coaches to implement all interventions to strengthen the ABCs.
- Enhance ABC coaches’ capacity to integrate gender and youth in all their activities and support to the grassroot actors.
- Collaborate with other 2SCALE thematic experts and consultants to align and draw synergies for optimum impact.
- Document and share lessons learned (including best practices, challenges etc.) to inform program decision making.
Supervision and team collaboration
The consultant is supervised by and reports to the 2SCALE country team leader. He/She will receive technical guidance and support from the ABC development specialist and work in close collaboration with all other 2SCALE colleagues, including Partnership Facilitators, thematic experts, interns, and other consultants.
Position and duty station / Location
This consultancy is a national position and requires intensive travels (up to 70% of the time) in the target ABCs in-country. Trips to other 2SCALE target countries may also be required.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to visit the website www.2scale.org to find out more information about the 2SCALE program.
Attach a CV and a cover letter in English, payment history (Consultant person-day fee) and payment rate (Consultancy person-days) proposal for this assignment. Please submit your application via the IFDC Career portal.
Note: Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
IFDC is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Youth are strongly encouraged to apply.
Qualifications and experience
- Advanced degree in agricultural economics, communications, extension, or rural development.
- Proven experience in organizing and conducting a variety of training programs preferably at the grassroots level including technical, business, marketing, management, organizational etc.
- At least 4 years working experience in agriculture or rural development in the country of post.
- Proven experience in organizing and facilitating grassroots-level capacity building programs (trainings, demonstrations, field visits, etc.), business meetings, adult training, and training-of-trainers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with grassroots stakeholders and to stimulate a genuinely participatory and inter-active learning process.
- Result-orientation and ability to take initiatives under minimal supervision and to reach targets.
- Fluent in English and at least one local language widely spoken in the target ABCs.