Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Veterinary Medicine jobs,ILRI jobs,Agricultural jobs,
- Contribute to planning and implementation of field activities.
- Support in data collection for AMR studies, including collection of biological samples from livestock and the environment, and administering questionaries.
- Design and test, with supervision, field data collection tools as required.
- Participate in data analysis, preparation of reports and peer reviewed manuscripts
- Support project monitoring activities
- Assist with the development of budgets and responsible for reporting utilization of the financial resources for specific research activities
- Assist in field and workshop trainings
- Represent ILRI in meetings, workshops, and conferences
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the senior project staff
- Bachelor of Science in Veterinary Medicine
- At least two-year relevant work experience in projects with a ‘One Health’ theme
- Ability to manage field projects and to undertake data collection
- Work experience in field epidemiology and antimicrobial resistance
- Experience working with Microsoft Office software e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Basic data analysis skills would be advantageous.
- Possession of a clean driving licence (class C1)
- An ability to work effectively, respectfully, and inclusively with people from different backgrounds and with different perspectives is critical
- Ability to uphold ethics, principles, standards, and expertise in all areas of work
- Ability to work and relate with others in mutual support and respect towards common goals and shared vision.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Terms of Appointment This position is at job level HG 11. The position is 3 years contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 2 February 2022. The position title and reference number REF: RA-/02/2022 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.