Finance jobs, Accounting jobs,
The Finance Assistant has responsibility for supporting the finance functions for the IRC Kenya to adhere to IRC policies and procedures as well as donor compliance.
- Ensure all payments shared with finance are processed timely through follow-up for timely authorizations of payment requests in line with the approved limits per the delineation chart.
- Give attention to detail while processing payments to ensure accuracy of financial data.
- Ensure all program advances are accounted for as per advance policy.
- Share remittance advice with supply chain for all processed vendor payments.
- Perform banking roles such as cash depositing and collection.
- Prepare cash and bank accounts monthly and submit for approval.
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all processed payments.
Cash flow management
- Check all the bank statements regularly for any receipts and other peculiar items and notify your supervisor accordingly.
- Prepare an up-to-date cash flow statement weekly for decision on cash needs.
Statutory deductions remittance
- Ensure that PAYE, NSSF and NHIF is remitted by the 9th of the following month.
- Ensure that all other payroll deductions (HELB, Life Insurance, Pension) are remitted to the respective institutions by the 9th of the following month.
- Performed any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum CPA II qualification and University degree.
- Knowledge of Excel and ERP system an added advantage. Female candidates encouraged to apply.