Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
IT jobs,Security operation jobs,IRC jobs,
Deputy Director, Security Operations
- Security Operations and Incident Response
- Develop and evolves SOC capabilities for better threat identification, and response automation
- Daily monitoring and management of security control systems, including SIEM/Sentinel and coordinates with other sysadmins on incidents and other service requests including: content search, lost assets, vendor risk assessment, technical advisory; logs appropriate incidents and service requests and resolves according to priority.
- Serves as primary custodian for the security of Azure, M365, IEM – Sentinel, Proofpoint, PAM, Qualys and other systems/tools. Leads and guides the DSO.
- Leads incident response, including vendor security issues and manages incidents with up-to-date playbooks. Orchestrates IR activities (i.e. IoC detection, Legal, platform security, communications, threat hunting, etc.).
- Leads development of an IT Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plan. Monitors patching, threat intelligence, pertinent events; disseminate as needed. Supports IT Audit.
- Systems Engineering, Architecture and Standards
- Collaborates with team members to develop and maintain the IT security roadmap
- Provides mentorship and technical standards for secure systems architecture, design and operations. Standards include feedback KRIs.
- Leverages the DSO to author and update global standards and ensures alignment with Field IT.
- Manages standards exceptions and maintains the risk register
- Leads hands-on assessment of critical systems and advises Primary Custodians with tools such as Security Compass, secure score, Azure Security Config, Qualys to assess their environments.
- Acts as technical focal point for BUs and handles security vendors.
- Builds reports, dashboards, metrics and presents to Sr. Mgmt.
- Project Management
Leads project planning and budgets; escalates as necessary
Completes projects in a timley manner and quickly develops and maintains relationships the organization.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in an information systems-related field required. Master’s preferred.
Work Experience: 5-7 years in IT system design, implementation and operations in a global organization; 1-3 years with IT security systems
Demonstrated Skills And Competencies
- Validated expertise engineering and implementating enterprise class technologies such as firewalls, proxy servers, messaging security (i.e. S/MIME, TLS, DMARC/SPF/DKIM, etc.) M365 / Google Workspace, Encryption, Box, VPN, DLP, endpoint management and security; WIFI/Bluetooth, IAM and biometrics, SSO/SAML, message filtering, UEM Azure, Azure AD, ServiceNow, mobile, cloud security, etc. Dynamics 365 and Fastpath is a significant plus.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising, mentoring and building capacity of staff
- Proven capacity to be a self-starter and work remotely with limited reliance on supervision
- Solid project management capabilities for engineering and deployment of IT security products and strong organisational change skills needed to drive organizational improvements.
- Good interpersonal skills required to help identify key relationships and to maintain them.
- Strong oral and written communications skills sufficient for senior-level presentation and technical policy and standards development;
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Language Skills: English required; French and Arabic a plus
Certificates or Licenses: CISSP, CISSP/ITIL, CISM or others, which support adequate aptitude to design, deploy and operate IT security solutions; CISSP strongly preferred.
Working Environment: Standard office work environment; work location may be another IRC office.
Travel: up to 15%; two trips annually to NYHQ.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Diversity Equality and Inclusion (DEI), Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Narrowing the Gender Gap: The International Rescue Committee is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including a flexible hour (when possible), maternity leave, transportation support, and gender-sensitive security protocols.
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws