Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Business Administrator jobs, WISEN HR Jobs,
Business Administrator – Land Survey
Location: Kilimani, Nairobi
Our client, a land & engineering survey, planning and GIS & digital mapping company, is recruiting a Business Administrator to join their team.
Job summary: Responsible for organizing the company’s day-to-day operations. Provide clerical support to managers and employees and coordinate all daily administrative activities. Should be able to ensure office policies and procedures run smoothly.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain proper documentation of client projects, files, reports and any hard copies.
- Manage office diary in regard to meetings, upcoming events registrations, appointments and communicating this on time to the Supervisor
- Respond to client emails and respond in a timely manner.
- Track inventory of company assets and condition of item when checked out and returned
- Conduct orientation of new employees.
- Make travel arrangements for employees.
- Book meetings and schedule important projects and activities
- Prepare meeting rooms and refreshments for clients
- Handle queries from clients on behalf of the field team
- Maintain office cleanliness in the office (windows, floors, utensils)
- Subscribe to digital newspapers and coordinate for hard copies when digital copies are not available.
- Order office stationery and supplies.
- Deliver and collect parcels.
- Print, copy and scan office documents
- Research, compile and accurately prepare tender documents in line with the requirements of the tender document.
- Deliver tender documents and attend tender opening meetings.
- Actively keep track of trends in the industry, sign up for events, exhibitions, meetings, networking forums and associations related to the industry.
- Seek to understand procurement procedures and financial calendars of projects by key institutions in the industry eg Government of Kenya, World Bank, UN, FAO, WHO etc
- Develop quotations for projects as requested by clients.
- Generate invoices and follow up on payments from clients.
- Ensure timely payment of service providers.
- Oversee and manage the department’s financial and budgetary activities.
- Track expenses and company expenditure to identify areas to cut costs and improve performance.
- Write, edit and publish engaging posts for various social networks, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
- Select appealing images and videos to complement text
- Update social media pages with compelling company news
- Respond to questions and comments on the company’s social media pages in a timely and accurate manner
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Minimum work experience of 3-4 years in a similar role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Sociology and any other related field
- Experience in office operations
- Business development skills
- Technical skills e.g survey data analysis and business intelligence.
- Management skills (budgeting, business knowledge and people management)
- Proficient is MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Familiarity with social media platforms
- Excellent communication, decision making and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Negotiation, persuasion and teamwork
- People management
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 22nd May 2020
Correspondence: Detailed CV to be submitted online
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.