Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
NGO jobs, Finance jobs, Administration jobs, Accounting jobs,
Finance And Administration Assistant
- Monthly accountancy and supporting documentation
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames under stressful situations in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
- The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
- Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business travel as well as to the country offices if appropriate. Based on the country office needs, the time spent on field trips will be determined on a need basis. While visiting the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as to infectious diseases.
Gender Equality Commitments & Zero Tolerance to Abuse
- Foster an environment that reinforces the values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Promote a safe, secure, and respectful environment for all stakeholders, particularly for children, beneficiaries, and members of staff.
- Help to prevent any type of abuse including workplace harassment and sexual abuse and exploitation.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect all cultures.
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
Business related Field: Finance/Accounting/Professional qualification of CPA will be added advantage
Required Skills & Competencies
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Problem Solver.
- Compatibility for both independence and teamwork.
- Persuasive and confident communicator, able to deal with senior colleagues throughout the organization.
- Persistence and assertiveness combined with tact and diplomacy
- 2-3 years’ experience in a busy organization or Non-profit organization
- Demonstrated flexibility and or adaptability.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Good writing skills. Good management and representation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work in high pressured environment
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified? Go to Action Against Hunger International on ke-actionagainsthunger.zohorecruit.com to apply