Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Information Management Jobs, Technology Related Jobs, NGO Jobs,
District Health Information System (DHIS2) Developer- 4 Positions (Short Term)
Summary of position
The role of the District Health Information System (DHIS2) Developer is to provide technical support to the DHIS2 Analyst and end users during the implementation of evidence-based program/project management tools both at the field, HEARO and at HQ level. The primary support area is for the DHIS2 and related subcomponents. The DHIS2 Developer will be working closely with the DHIS Analyst and MEL team during the requirement gathering and user acceptance phases of the application development lifecycle. S/he will be responsible for the creation of all DHIS2 back-end components during the development phase of the application development lifecycle. S/he will facilitate communication of complex technical information in an easy and user-friendly manner and will provide support for the systems after they go live.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS.
- Provide support to DHIS2 Analyst and end users throughout the entire application development lifecycle. The primary support area is for the District Health Information System and related subcomponents (DHIS2).
- Assist in DHIS2 boilerplate instance customization including branding & title elements, to match Action Against Hunger’s global branding policy (for both web & mobile).
- Work closely with DHIS2 Analyst during the requirement gathering and user acceptance sessions.
- Create all relevant DHIS2 back-end objects during the entire application development lifecycle including but not limited to data elements, indicators, data entry forms, reports and dashboards, MS Excel import files.
- Review and provide feedback on user testing plans, user manuals, and other supporting documents.
- Conduct technical research on the new system features and provide relevant presentations to the end users.
- Maintain data integration components such as SQL queries, stored procedures, data extraction and cleansing, and integration with system front-end component.
- Create scripts to Integrate with Scheduler for automating production runs.
- Develop controls such as program rules and validations ensure data completeness and accuracy.
- Create dashboards with frequently used favorites and standard reports based on the migrated indicators from different countries data source at all levels.
- Configure the GIS module to visualize the progress of activities and trends of interventions across countries’ on GIS maps
- Deliver standard reports and data tables to be generated based the data saved in DHIS system
- Knowledge of SQL, MySQL and Oracle databases, PostgreSQL.
- Expert knowledge of DHIS2 tracker and aggregate data models, and sound knowledge of open-source platforms for routine data collection.
- High familiarity with the design and operation of Health Information Management Systems
- Practical experience with Windows server virtualization and tomcat server administration, managing postgres/ mysql databases, programming in java and working with java scripts, python and R
- Advanced database management skills in DHIS2 with experience in integration of databases and migration of data into DHIS2
- Knowledge of stored procedure writing, query optimization, and indexes
- Experience providing technical assistance in different cultural contexts, including local NGOs, and knowledge of the local context essential
- Demonstrated ability to independently complete assigned tasks, train and facilitate learning and professional development among colleagues
- Solid understanding of basic assumptions of developing country public health practices for data acquisition and quality assurance
- Comfortable working remotely with a geographically distributed team
- DHIS2 certification from DHIS2 academy accredited by the University of Oslo
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally as needed
Regional Information and communication Technology Manager (ICT)
Summary of position
The Regional ICT Specialist will perform a wide range of ICT Professional support to the Regional Office and the Region Countries in all matters pertaining Information and Communication Technology. Giving support, advisory while developing capacity for the country ICT teams to bring efficiency and effective resource optimization and in line to Action against hunger guidelines.
Ensuring countries have secure networks and wireless technologies that are of value to the organization to facilitate the efficient operation in the Horn and East Africa Region.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS.
- Participate to the Region ICT strategy definition, ensure that the strategy is deployed and implemented.
- Supervise equipment and infrastructure proper use.
- Improve the efficiency of Infrastructure resources use.
- Promote user awareness and train users in the use of ICT and IS resources.
- Ensure Technical advisory on energy and related infrastructure to include planning, sizing and procurement validations of the same.
- Give support (remotely or physically) to the regional countries.
- Technical supervision ICT officers and managers at country level.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in computer science, electrical engineering, Information technology, telecommunications or equivalent field.
- At least 10 years’ experience in an ICT department with at least 5 years in management position.
- Demonstrated experience on cross platform on system administration and support.
- Experience in Management and leadership capability.
- Excellent technical, monitoring and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to provide or recommend solutions to problems.
- Ability to work and contribute positively in a team.
- Ability to compile, organize, prepare and maintain an assortment of records, reports and information in an effective manner.
- Flexible to assume additional responsibilities; proactive approach to work and able to work with minimum supervision.