Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Medical jobs, Healthcare jobs, Aga Khan jobs, Cardiology jobs, Audit jobs,
Cardiac Sonographer, Consulting Clinic-Cardiology
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Nurse Manager- Cardiology.
- Perform and assist in 2D echocardiogram and dobutamine stress Echocardiogram for both in and out patients.
- Write Echocardiogram reports, to be countersigned by the cardiologist
- Assist Cardiologists in performing Trans-Esophageal Echo (TEE)
- Connect patients on 24hr Holter monitor, and disconnect them upon completion of the monitoring period
- Analyze and report on Holter monitor recordings for the Physician to review.
- Ensure timely dispatch of Echo and Holter Monitor reports to patients or referring Physicians
- Maintain patient, staff and visitor’s safety by observing infection control practices and other safety policies
- Collaborate with Biomedical Engineers to ensure prompt maintenance of Equipment
- Maintain accurate records of tests carried out by ensuring correct data entry on computer, report forms as well as batch registers
- Practice judicious use of unit stocks and ensure prompt billing of used consumables
- Participate in development of policies and procedures pertaining to Sonography
- Maintain effective communication with the other members of the Multidisciplinary team for effective patient care
- Participate in Unit based Continuing education and implementation of quality control programs in the department.
- Assist the manager in data collection and monitoring of identified unit based quality and performance indicators
- Participate in departmental events such as public screening for heart disease, Medical Camps, World Heart Day activities and Conferences
- Diploma as a Sonographer or Cardiology Technologist from a recognized training institution
- Valid certificate in Basic Life Support (BLS)
Closing Date: 20/09/2022
Internal Audit Officer, Internal Audit
Reporting to the Manager, Internal Audit, the job holder will carry out independent assessments of the internal control systems, review adequacy, effectiveness and adherence to policies and procedures and assess the approach to risk management as well as advising on governance practices in the institution.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Execution of annual audit plan while ensuring all audit assignments are completed in time
- Ensuring audit assignments are carried out in line with AKU methodology and observing professional standards
- Provide practical and proactive audit recommendations that are discussed and agreed on with management
- Prepare audit notification / Terms of Reference, carry out field work / audit tests / evidence gathering, organize audit working file and write comprehensive audit reports
- Follow up with management to ensure audit recommendations are implemented
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business related fields
- CPA finalist
- CIA or CISA desirable
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in internal audit
- Should be a self-starter with the ability to plan and perform audits with limited supervision.
- Should possess strong investigative and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Should have a desire to learn and understand institutional inter-operations, and apply that knowledge to assist management in improving organizational controls and procedures.
- Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality and to work with a high degree of integrity.
- Must be ready or available to travel for audit assignments.
Closing Date: 18/09/2022
Medical Officer, Outreach Clinic Nakuru East
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nakuru Kenya. The position holder will be responsible for providing quality and safe healthcare services to patients while adhering to relevant evidence based practices as well as the hospitals’ policies and procedures in order to meet treatment goals.
- Review and examine patients consistently by performing such duties as taking case histories, conducting physical examinations, and ordering diagnostic laboratory and radiology studies in compliance with evidence based practice and established protocols.
- Monitor acute and chronically ill patients’ progress on a regular basis.
- Initiate discussions with patients and care givers to enable better diagnostic and therapeutic medical care and services.
- When necessary, carry out privileged and potentially life-saving emergency surgical and medical procedures.
- Provide evidence-based screening and wellness examinations, risk assessment, early detection and education on prevention of illness.
- Initiate timely discussions with relevant consultants/departments to arrive at the best treatment plan for specialized cases.
- Establish links with clinic management and the main hospital to ensure smooth and efficient referral of patients.
- Work closely with members of the clinical and non-clinical teams to provide patient centric, coordinated care, reduce errors and waste and create efficiency in resource utilization.
- Actively participate in clinic quality initiatives in collaboration with the clinic management and Quality and Patient Safety team.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) or equivalent
- Successful completion of at least 2-years post-graduate Internship.
- Registration by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- Advance Cardiac Life Support and Advance Trauma Life Support (ACLS & ATLS)
Closing Date: 18/09/2022
Interested and qualified? Go to Aga Khan University Hospital on aku.taleo.net to apply