Free Online Resume Builder
Create an attractive online profile for employers to hire you
Find details here
Data Management Jobs, Managerial Jobs, Statistics Jobs,
DATA MANAGER /12/2021
AMURT is implementing a 5-year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and DREAMS project in Kilifi and Mombasa. The project seeks to increase use of quality county-led health and social services in alignment with Kenya’s HIV and child protection policy frameworks, Kenya national action plan for children 2015-2022 and Kenya minimum OVC Quality service standards.Responsibilities
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Data management (Data collection, Validation, analysis, aggregation and interpretation)
- Provide technical oversight to data collection and collation activities for the Project.
- Ensure that all Tujitegemee Databases and information systems are updated on a timely basis with quality data.
- Run relevant reports from the different databases and systems and provide indicator reports for project use.
- Provide guidance in data analysis using appropriate statistical packages (SPSS, STATA, Advanced excel among others) and consolidate data factsheets for use during learning forums, reporting and management decision making.
- Ensure verification, validation, review of results reported and presentation of findings
- Provide guidance in the filling and storage of data in recommended document libraries/platforms (both online and physical as required)
- support the use of technology for monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning including gathering of GIS coordinates for project site locations and development of service maps.
Project Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Systems Set up
- Support in the development of the MEAL plan in liaison with the MEAL specialist
- Provide support in the implementation of a data management plan to ensure optimal project data quality, authenticity and accuracy including periodic data quality assessments, data cleaning and verification before reporting to the donor.
- In collaboration with the technical team help to develop data collection tools/ templates and other monitoring tools
- Support the digitization of all data collection tools and questionnaires during periodic surveys.
- Develop a system (both manual and digital) to track and manage community defined indicators and feedback received from the community feedback and accountability mechanisms
- Provide guidance in the review and implementation of data management systems including data security, analysis plan, dissemination aids, templates and SOPs.
- Support the establishment and operationalization of a digital data management system and beneficiary tracking and graduation system and databases for OVC and AGYW as appropriate
- Support the roll out and ensure proper functioning of the CPIMS, DATIM, the DREAMs Database and other project data solutions.
- Identify any system issues, support trouble shooting and maintenance of the systems.
- Support review, and strengthen capacity of DCS, and LIPs to effectively collect, store, retrieve, use, and transmit data to inform program decisions.
- Coordinate the development of system related capacity building plans for staff and partners.
- Capacity building of project staff and partners on database use, data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Facilitate data validation in technical working groups and during learning and reflection forums
- Provide guidance on partner/stakeholder data and information sharing and dissemination protocols for authorized data as stipulated in partnership agreements
- Facilitate the use of project data by partners, staff, and other stakeholders to inform decision-making and to identify lessons learned and promising practices
Collaboration and Partner engagements 5%
- Participate and represent Tujitegemee project in data management technical working groups, including CPIMS technical working group.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Demography, Statistics, Data management, Computer Science/Information technology, Information Systems Management, or related field; a relevant master’s degree would be an added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in biostatistics or related field; a Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least seven years of relevant professional experience in project-level data management, including development of data flow maps, data collection tools, reporting forms, and project databases. Master s will be an added advantage.
- Minimum six years’ practical experience in M&E system coordination/ implementation in a large international non-governmental organization or other international relief/development body.
- Experience in working on donor funded programs and MEAL experience in “OVC/DREAMS” with USAID and other multilateral donor funded projects is an added advantage
- Knowledge of technical principles, concepts and current approaches in MEAL.
- Excellent knowledge of SPSS and EPI Info. and/or other statistical analysis package (SAS, STATA, R)
- Excellent understanding of database design and development, database programming (in Access, SQL).
- Experience in DATIM, DHIS & CPIMS, including knowledge of OVC MER indicators and data collection tools is mandatory.
- Experience in using mobile-data collection and management software (e.g. ODK, Commcare, I-form builder, Kobo, RR collect) is required
- Knowledge of data visualization and business information software such as Tableau and Power BI will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytic and computer skills; skilled in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access; and high-level IT skills including computer programming
- Skills in developing project M&E databases desired.
- Ability to work with large datasets.
- Ability to work and deliver under intense pressure.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th December 2021. indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number DATA MANAGER /12/2021 as the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.