Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Nursing jobs,Medical jobs,Healthcare jobs,
Laboratory Superintendent I
Ensure provision of high quality laboratory diagnostic services in the hospital as defined by Avenue Healthcare’s policies, protocols, procedures and standards.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
- Ensure the unit has all the required resources for effective and efficient work.
- Timely and accurate billing of laboratory services.
- Stock management:
- Do monthly stock takes of lab supplies and submit a stock take and short expiry report to the Hospital Manager
- Timely ordering and receiving of stock from the supplier to prevent stock outs
- Proper storage of lab supplies.
- Kits validation and evaluation to determine diagnostic accuracy, analytical sensitivity, and analytical specificity (performance characteristics)
- Review and act on quality indicator reports (IQC &EQA)
- Follow laid down Lab Board approved rules for medical lab profession and adhere to Government and respective professional standards of care and treatment of patients.
- Ensure timely response to emergencies.
- Carrying out tests based on outlined SOPs & policies.
- Ensure all sentinel incidents/events are recorded and reported to the Hospital Manager within 24 hours using the provided tools.
- Ensure that the fridge temperatures and ambient temperature and humidity are charted twice daily, and any error reported to the MSM.
- Ensure timely escalation of any urgent out of stock items to the Lab Quality Manager
- Any other duty as assigned by your immediate supervisor in line with the job description.
- A degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- A valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board
- 5 years’ experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Result Oriented
- Customer focus
Adhere to Avenue Healthcare’s defined policies, protocols, procedures and standards
Maintaining Theatre list
- Correctly book patients for surgical procedures
- Ensure surgeon / anaesthetist are informed of bookings or changes in time
- Checks completeness of theatre checklist and act appropriately
- Carry out a Pre-Operative Assessment
- Appropriately explain the nature of the procedure / operation to the patient
- Ensure all X-rays, Scans, Investigations and Bloods are available
- Obtains correct consent for operations and general anaesthesia for day cases
- Prepares and avails patient in time for operation with all reports for day cases
Operating Room Management
- Accounting for all the pieces of equipment, especially after the operation.
- Getting and opening packs required
- Ensures that the packs remain sterile and that the operating room environment is contamination free
- Accurately assesses patient after operation, documents clinical observations & findings
- Consults and advises surgeon / anaesthetist immediately if abnormalities are noted
- Effectively hands over the patient to recovery / ward nurse
- Ensure all required drugs/supplies are available
- Adhere to the 10 rights of drug administration (right patient, medication, dosage, route, time, documentation, client education, assessment, evaluation and client refusal of treatment)
- Ensure all treatment sheets have patients biodata including information on drug allergies.
- Submit all new drug orders to pharmacy promptly and STAT doses given within 30 minutes
- Ensures all the items used by patients are billed accurately
Any other duty as assigned by your immediate supervisor in line with the job description.
- A higher diploma in Nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is desirable and added advantage
- Higher Diploma in Perioperative Nursing
- A valid nursing council of Kenya license
- Up to date BLS, ACLS/ATLS certificate
- 2 years’ experience in nursing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with attention to detail and results oriented
Method of Application
Application documents (CV and Certificates) must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job position you are applying for as the subject of the email by 10 th March 2023.