Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
NGO jobs, Project Management jobs, Public Health jobs, CRS jobs,
Program Manager – Case Management And Referral
The Program Manager – Case Management and Referral will focus on adapting and strengthening the Nawiri Case Management approach based on standardized interventions and tools for identification, assessment, case plan development, service provision or referral, monitoring, and case closure of targeted malnourished children in the Nawiri program. The position will work closely with the Nawiri activity leads county, sub-county, and ward level coordinators to ensure that critical information collected within the case management process is used to inform government strengthening efforts and ensure appropriate linkages with and information sharing between the various stakeholders providing complementary services around and within the case management approach. S/he will be responsible for providing technical guidance to strengthen referral networks amongst and between other nutrition specific and nutrition sensitive interventions for comprehensive and multisectoral interventions to reduce malnutrition. This will include identification of successful referral models within Kenya, developing and providing training in relevant guidance, delivery mechanisms, and promising practices.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in the assessment, planning, and implementation of capacity-strengthening activities to strengthen case management systems and referral networks. Particular attention will be given to providing technical assistance to develop household case plans that focus on graduation and transition and monitor their implementation as one way to track progress toward graduation from malnutrition.
- Support Nawiri consortium partners to diagnose gaps in existing bi-directional referral mechanisms and use this information to refine referral mechanisms.
- Leverage the sustainability planning process to assess the existing case management processes and referral networks; ensure engagement of the county government teams in planning, and all steps of the CM process.
- Develop terms of reference for a technical working group (TWG) for case management and referral networks; solicit membership and support regular meetings and the development of products that support GOK Ministries, and other relevant stakeholders to improve case management and referrals.
- In coordination with activity leads, lead the development and implementation of strategies, approaches, and tools to strengthen case management and referral networks among the relevant nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive stakeholders. Liaise with TWG to ensure alignment with related national and county IMAM guidance and tools.
- Support the rollout and dissemination of updated guidance, standard operating procedures, and other job-aids to facilitate case management and referral at the household and community levels to health and other multisectoral nutrition services.
- Test, review and implement household graduation benchmarks in collaboration with the Nawiri activity leads, Caritas, and other relevant stakeholders; ensure a mechanism for assessing and tracking benchmarks towards graduation is integrated into the case management system.
- Oversee quality improvement initiatives and learning exchanges related to case management and referral networks among GOK and other relevant stakeholders. Identify successful referral models within Kenya, developing and providing training in relevant guidance, delivery mechanisms, and promising practices.
- Develop scopes of work and oversee consultancies and short-term technical assistance as needed in relation to case management and referral networks.
- Work closely with Nawiri activity leads, Caritas, and other stakeholders to strengthen their case management capacity and test, review, finalize and implement the developed standardized tools and approaches to increase the ability of volunteers and households to track their own progress toward graduation.
- Strengthen coordination and networking, linkages, and communication among GOK entities, Nawiri activity leads, other CRS programs implementing case management, Caritas, county, sub-county and ward level coordinators, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct monitoring field visits to Nawiri LIP (Caritas) to provide mentoring technical assistance.
- Provide timely inputs to Nawiri quarterly, annual planning, monitoring, reporting, and budgeting processes.
- Ensure a culture of accountability and learning through regular monitoring to project sites, providing oversight of studies and assessments, proper documentation of tools, and contributing to learning and building the evidence around case management and referral networks.
- Document project results and impacts in various forms, including media stories, promising practices, lessons learned, case studies, client satisfaction, etc.
- Advanced university degree required, preferably in Nutrition, Public Health, Medicine, Nursing or social work
- Minimum seven years experience in a project management role in relation to integrated management of acute malnutrition and/or nutrition or public health programming, including expertise in the case management system and referral network design, assessment, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation; familiarity with the use of organizational network analysis in relation to referral networks a plus.
- Experience implementing the IMAM protocols and multisectoral nutrition projects
- Demonstrated ability to test and implement user-friendly guidance, tools and standard operating procedures for use at the health facility and community levels, and the ability to provide training, technical assistance and mentoring in their use.
- Experience working in both healthcare and community settings.
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct training.
- Knowledge of GOK and USAID programming, process, guidance and frameworks is strongly preferred.
- Experience coordinating assessments, data collection and similar activities preferred.
- Capacity to work closely with, understand, and support diverse partners including but not limited to government actors, civil society, and faith-based organizations, as well as healthcare providers and other multisectoral nutrition service providers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage complex and sensitive organizational relationships, particularly between health facilities and community-based providers of social services.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and mentoring skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; familiarity with network analysis software a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to respect, equity, diversity, and inclusion including gender equality.
Project Officer – Emergency Response
The Project Officer – Emergency Response will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Specifically, you will coordinate and monitor all emergency project activities within Turkana County and ensure use of technically appropriate implementation approaches and reporting, consistent with CRS requirements. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Turkana Emergency Response project in close collaboration with the Turkana County team to ensure effective program management quality.
- Ensure program quality through development and implementation of periodic project reviews and learning, and local partner capacity enhancement.
- Support implementing partner program officer(s) to effectively implement the project
- Represent CRS and Emergency Project in all relevant county level coordination meetings
- Together with CRS MEAL staff, ensure all emergency responses in Kenya comply with required MEAL policies and procedures i.e. project design, monitoring, evaluation, budgeting, accountability and learning.
- Coordinate and co-facilitate regular monitoring data interpretation to inform decisions and learning as provided in the emergency responses MEAL systems.
- Work with Caritas Lodwar to ensure financial reporting follows CRS partner standards and best practices.
- Closely manage county level activity budgets.
- Coordinate with the relevant county level NGO emergency actors to ensure effective targeting and implementation of the projects.
- Degree in water engineering or related field
- 5 years’ experience in drought response programs preferably in arid/ semi arid and marginalized areas
- Demonstrated ability to work in partnership with local communities and County governments as appropriate.
- Ability to represent CRS at coordination meetings at county level
- Excellent analytical, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple work demands in high-stress environments and work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Advanced computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Demonstrated commitment to respect, equity, diversity and inclusion including gender equality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Communicates strategically under pressure
- Manages stress and complexity
- Actively promotes safety and security
- Manages and implements high-quality emergency programs
Interested and qualified? Go to Catholic Relief on eipn.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com to apply