Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Banking jobs, Administration jobs, Citi jobs,
Branch Operations Assistant
This is a role within the operations team responsible for handling clearing and cash & teller operations at the branch. The overall objective is to perform processing activities in a fast-paced environment while focusing on quality, details, accuracy, and controls.
- Apply basic technical knowledge to ensure efficient customer service that meets quality standards
- Transactions processing and reconciliations especially for Teller and Clearing processes
- Receipt and processing of local currency and foreign currency checks deposited daily.
- Processing and follow-up of Collection items
- Processing of in-house cheques
- Handling callbacks
- Handle payments reconciliations
- Assist with activities related to compliance and control
- Perform job duties by following detailed procedures or explicit instructions under the direct supervision
- Aid in internal and external customer contact
- Serve as a backup processor for team members
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients, and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct, and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- University Degree
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Speed and accuracy.
- Familiarity/Experience with the teller and clearing processing systems.
- Analytical skills
- Experience in a similar role is an added advantage
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- A team player
- Willing to learn, a fast learner preferred
- Good judgment.
- Ability to work independently/ unsupervised
- University graduate with minimum Upper Second honors (or equivalent)
- Quality of work has to be high due to a high level of customer awareness and competition. Timeliness and error-free processing of transactions is key.
- Be alert to frequent changes in Government regulations, Bank policies, and procedures due to restructuring.
- Ability to handle large volumes.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- High volumes of transactions which require more time to process
- Due diligence is required at all times to ensure that documentary procedures are adhered to as per the bank’s regulations.