Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
NGO jobs, Humanitarian jobs, Administration jobs, Business Management jobs, ICT jobs, Engineering jobs, Statistics jobs,
Protection Officer (Emergency Roster)
- Implement assigned protection activities in line with all relevant international standards and best practices.
- Plan, implement and monitor protection inof dividual activities as per the weekly and project work plans
- Deliver trainings, capacity buildings and mentoring to community-based protection structures and local authorities
- Conduct regular protection monitoring activities using DRC Protection Monitoring tools and processes, follow up on specific protection issued identified to resolve and reduce risks
- Conduct protection needs and vulnerability assessments as required.
- Ensure full and proper documentation of all project activities including means of verification as per work plans and log frames (hard copy and electronic filing), assessments and case studies.
- Ensure the provision of effective protection services and referrals to beneficiaries as required, and assist the Manager in coordination with relevant partners to develop and maintain protection referral mechanisms.
- Monitor protection trends and needs in DRC’s areas of intervention, report on incidents and issues to Management, and recommend activities and responses for DRC’s and other agencies.
- Ensure that goods, services and works, as well as Casual Labor required to complete assigned activities are requested and delivered in a timely manner using the appropriate HR or Procurement process, and that payments are issued and booked in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Ensure that assigned activities and tasks are completed in line with the available project budget, avoiding over/underspending
- Responsible for ensuring assigned activities meet project output and outcome goals, and that assigned project activities are implemented in-line with the proposal, work plan
- Under the supervision of the Manager, represent DRC to external stakeholders such as humanitarian partners, sub-national cluster and local authorities, ensuring clear and transparent communication
- Ensure protection and gender mainstreaming in all of DRC’s interventions.
Project Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Assist the MEAL team in conducting timely monitoring of Protection activities, including pre/post-tests, post-distribution monitoring, and ensuring awareness of the Complains and Feedback Mechanism.
- Contribute to the monthly progress report as well as cluster 5ws
- Assisting in developing and conducting assessments, mid-term and end of project reports and evaluations as requested, under the supervision of the Manager and MEAL Officer
- Ensure DRC’s accountability commitments are mainstreamed into all protection activities.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Report Writing and Documentation:
- Provide accurate, timely inputs to indicator trackers, written reports and other project documents as required
- Support in the development of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Contribute to the development of project proposal and concept notes.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of humanitarian response and refugee/IDP protection working for an international NGO, UN agency or relevant ministry or local authority.
- Technical understanding of core protection concepts (including Child protection, GBV and community-based protection), prevention and response strategies, including experience with operationalizing global best practices and international standards for implementing protection programming in humanitarian contexts.
- Experience of facilitating trainings and workshops on protection-related topics.
- Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Integrity, strong work ethic, and ability to consistently meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- University degree in social sciences, law, social work, international development, or other relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Fluent in Somali and English.
WASH / Infrastructure Officer (Emergency Roster)
Overall purpose of the role:
Ensure the quality of the planning, implementation, and follow-up of all technical aspects of WASH and infrastructure activities being implemented by DRC in field locations.
Sector responsibilities: Construction, maintenance, and repair of latrines, installation of water points, boreholes wells, and water storage. Construction and site supervision of physical infrastructures such as roads, bridges, community centers, irrigation systems, or other community structures, facilitation and training of infrastructure management groups at the community level, facilitation and funding of community development plans, and initiatives for disaster risk reduction at the community level.
Programming & Operations:
- Ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan, including conducting site assessments, developing and designing technical plans, drawings and BoQs, specifications and cost estimates for infrastructure and construction works, and provide on-site technical assistance to contractors or service providers and beneficiaries during the process of implementation, including management of construction activities;
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donors
- Lead the team in carrying out monitoring and evaluation exercises
- Ensure engagement, participation and coordination with beneficiaries and community leaders in all aspects of programme delivery, to ensure community buy-in and ownership;
Coordination and representation:
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on sector-relevant issues
- Represent DRC at meetings with key stakeholders and other relevant technical coordination meetings at Woreda and Zonal level, and with community members and leaders
- Ensure integration with other DRC sectors
- Develop project plans and budgets for funding
- Develop projects tools
- Project implementation and reporting
- Monitor and evaluate projects
- Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience in sector area working for an INGO
- Demonstrated experience in implementing engineering and construction projects, and knowledge/understanding of processes including tendering of works and monitoring of construction sites.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, AUTOCAD
- Familiarity with the SPHERE Project and Minimum Standards
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- A University degree in Civil, water resource or environmental engineering
- Fluent skills in speaking, reading and writing Somali.
- Excellent skills in speaking, reading and writing English.
General Support – Digital Learning Trainer
R1. Project management and development:
- Participate in mobilization and enrolment of digital learners
- Participate together with the digital learning officer to prepare training manuals
- Establish and Maintain the digital trainer data base
- Keep inventory of all the ICT equipment’s under your supervision
- Support needs assessment and propose new ideas to improve the digital learning and on-line jobs for DRC
R2. Monitoring and reporting:
- Record learner’s attendance details.
- Record earnings by on line job clients and report to your supervisor
- Submit weekly/monthly project updates to the digital learning officer
- Based on need basis support the digital learning officer/team leader to prepare the donor reports
R3. Planning and budgeting:
- Prepare activity budgets and submit to the digital learning officer to ensure project activities are carried on time.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly plans and share with your supervisor with the aim of implementing them
R4. Training digital learning skills
- Plan and implement active learning for the students in relation to the stipulated syllabus.
- Formulate a suitable scheme of work, lesson plans, and record of units covered for various kinds of innovative Digital Skills training undertaking.
- Continuously evaluate students, maintain performance, and provide feedback to learners during their learning period
- Participate in mobilization and enrolment learners.
- Design advertisement materials ICT trainings.
- Provide IT Support in the IT lab center assigned to you.
- Working with stakeholders in delivering various Digital Skills to the learners
- Provide counselling and social development mentorship to learners.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Diploma/Higher Diploma or Degree in IT, BBIT, Computer science or related field of study is required
- Experienced in 3D Graphic Design and multimedia development
- Two-year previous experience in teaching youth in a school/college / Vocational training institution setting
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
- Experience in working with underprivileged youth. A good team player with high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance
- Ability to tolerate diverse cultural, educational and religious diversity in the workplace
- Support on line collaboration, user support, software and hard ware maintenance.
- Diploma/Higher Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or other related field from a recognized institution
- CCNA certification
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Somali.
MEAL Officer (Emergency Roster)
- Ensure full compliance with DRC’s Minimum Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Standards in all projects implemented by the Area Office.
- Lead the development of MEAL components of project proposals, including the development of indicators and project-specific MEAL plans. MEAL plans and Detailed Implementation Plans (DIP) will be developed in close collaboration with program teams and will be used to populate DRC’s Performance Monitoring Tracker (PMT), which will be used by the program and MEAL teams to provide monthly updates and analysis of progress against indicators.
- In close collaboration with the Country MEAL Manager and Area Programme Teams, develop sector-specific data collection tools and ensure their proper use by implementing teams. The position will ensure the timeliness and quality of data collection, and ensure all captured data is managed according to protection information management standards and best practices.
- Lead rapid emergency beneficiary verification and post-distribution monitoring, assist programme teams in conducting needs and contextual assessments and analyses.
- In collaboration with the Country MEAL Manager, assume responsibility for the implementation of the DRC Beneficiary Feedback and Response Mechanism, and all associated tools and SOPs, in the Area Office, ensuring that beneficiaries of emergency interventions have access to feedback and complaints channels and that feedback and complaints are logged and resolved in a timely and compliant manner.
- Produce monthly analysis reports with updates on the implementation status of all assigned projects. This will entail flagging areas of concern, developing recommendations for corrective actions to share with the Area Manager, implementing teams and MEAL Manager, and documenting lessons learned.
- In collaboration with the MEAL Manager, facilitate field-level learning events to capture, document and disseminate lessons learned for internal and external purposes.
- Under the guidance of the MEAL Manager, conduct internal project audits with an eye to ensuring means of verification are documented and reflect data reported by the implementing teams.
- Identify and conduct MEAL-related capacity building needs and opportunities for DRC’s program staff in the Area Office assume responsibility for facilitating trainings on Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), and beneficiary feedback and response mechanisms.
- Provide support in preparing and reviewing reports and verifying consistency between collected data, means of verification, the PMT and donor reports.
Experience and Technical Competencies:
- A minimum of 3 years of MEAL experience within the humanitarian or NGO field.
- Demonstrated experience translating log frames and results frameworks into monitoring plans, developing data collection tools and protocols, leading data collection and management process, designing and managing databases, and analyzing data.
- Proven technical skills in monitoring and evaluation and experience with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and report writing skills.
- Experience using software applications such as Excel, Access, or statistics software such as SPSS, STATA.
- Previous experience with electronic or mobile data collection.
- University degree in statistics, economics, social sciences or related discipline.
Protection Coordinator (Emergency Roster)
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of all DRC Protection activities, including immediate needs component and capacity building component.
- Develop and monitor detailed operational plans for all Protection project activities in accordance with the overall Protection Log frame in coordination with AMs and HoP
- Track and monitor expenditure of Protection programming on a monthly basis and ensure burn-rates remain on track and that expenditure is compliant with relevant SOPs and DRC & donor requirements.
- Oversee the planning, coordination and implementation of protection assessments, monitoring, reporting and advocacy for drought-impacted communities to reduce and mitigate protection risks
- Coordinator with Sector leads to ensure linkages with Emergency and Economic Recovery programming are built and expanded
- Ensure delivery of all project outputs while identifying potential barriers to implementation and find solutions to ensure project continuance;
- Ensure informative sessions are conducted in a timely manner, and ensure the project team is recording feedback (comments, suggestions) and report results back on issues of concern with recommended areas of intervention
- Represent DRC in national and sub-national coordination fora and to donors
- Coordinate and maintain constructive relationships with municipalities, other local government institutions, local NGO partners, other international organizations, in coordination with the other team members;
- Ensure DRC’s principles and approaches to emergencies are integrated into the response.
- Follow the humanitarian principles, standards and guidelines that DRC is committed to, and ensure these are adhered to by DRC staff, partner staff and volunteers
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Ensure transparency and accountability tools, processes and mechanisms to affected communities are in place
- Ensure equal participation by all segments of the community, taking into consideration issues regarding gender, age, clan and tribal and religious affiliations.
- Regularly monitor project activities and provide timely inputs and feedback to the Area Managers (AM) and Head of Programmes (HoP)
- Work with HoP and MEAL Manager to ensure results frameworks indicators are tracked and that timely monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability mechanisms are in place.
- Provide support and technical second-line supervision to Area Emergency Managers.
- Identify staff training needs as and when appropriate;
- Work cross departmentally to ensure project staff and activities comply with DRC policy and procedures
- Conduct regular field visits to support staff and monitor implementation of the response
- Build the capacity of local duty bearers through on-going one-on-one support and coaching and identify project beneficiaries.
Experience and Technical Competencies:
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience in sector area working for an INGO or similar organization
- Documented skills in project planning and design, drafting, calculation and technical writing
- Experience delivering Advocacy for the rights of displaced people in their context of displacement, child protection initiatives, individual protection assistance based on vulnerability, legal aid, land & property rights, sexual and gender-based violence prevention, registration services for the internally displaced and refugees, monitoring of rights and rights awareness-raising, facilitation of return and repatriation processes programming
- Experience working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organisations
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Master’s degree in law, social work or other relevant fields.