Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Business Management jobs, Finance jobs, Accounting jobs,
Accounts Payable Accountant
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
About the Department
Deloitte East Africa has a robust Internal Client Services unit positioned to deliver outstanding value and services needed to achieve Deloitte’s vision. It enables client facing staff to work efficiently and effectively.
The Finance department provides finance and accounting services to the Firm and its leadership to support the business’ decision-making process. The Finance department is involved in the preparation of forecasts and financial plans and works with the various departments to ensure client receivables are managed effectively and that our cash and billings targets are met. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our Finance team as an Accounts Payable Accountant.
Main purpose of the job
The holder of this position will manage external vendors processing from documentation in relation to items sourced, through to the resulting payments. They will also ensure processing of express and creditors EFT payments and liaise with creditors on various administrative issues.Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or relevant field.
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role.
- A professional qualification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) is an added advantage.
- SAP experience will be an added advantage.
- Be a Kenyan citizen or eligible to work in Kenya.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Desire to develop self and others.
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease.
- Sound problem solving ability.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Good financial knowledge.
- Sound business acumen.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Well-developed computer user skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good project management and planning skills.
- Knowledge of the standardised routines of the role.
- Vendor master data management in liaison with the master data team;
- Management and liaison with preferred vendors;
- Matching of open purchase orders and goods received vouchers periodically in liaison with business;
- Confirm and approve vendor codes and Capture 3rd party expenses;
- Receive and capture invoices from Business Units while ensuring that order dates and details correspond;
- Prepare invoices for payment and export payments to the banking system for payment release by the authorised signatories;
- Reconcile payments to creditors statements and detailed vendor account;
- Prepare periodic reports to aid in cash flow planning;
- Review employees’ expense reports, verify accuracy and submit for payment/recovery;
- Conduct trainings on finance procurement and accounts payable processes to business;
- Update the Procurement Manager on country/ regional procurement and payment movements; and
- Investigate & communicate any disputed amounts and ensure resolution of queries that arise.