Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Computer Science jobs,IT jobs,International relations jobs,Development jobs,
Health Informatics Officer
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
Under the guidance of the Strategic Senior Health Informatics Officer, the Health Informatics Officer will be responsible for design and develop EGPAF Kenya Knowledge Management System (EKMS) that facilitates on-going analysis of aggregate and patient level data, and support the timely reporting for contractual and ad hoc reports to programs staff, donor and other stakeholders. He/she will support in establishment, expansion, implementation and maintenance of a robust knowledge management system in furtherance of EGPAF’s goals and objectives.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect as a Title?
- Design, develop and implement android and web-based m-health solutions using cutting edge technologies that facilitate real time data transmission and report sharing.
- Support in implementation and maintenance of EGPAF Kenya’s Knowledge Management System (EKMS).
- Provide technical support for eHealth/mHealth systems including first level support, troubleshooting, system testing, application rollout, user training and providing excellent post-rollout client support via phone, internet, or in-person.
- Support routine EMR database uploads to the National Data Warehouse.
- Write programming scripts to support extraction and aggregation of data for program progress monitoring and reporting through DATIM and MOH system (DHIS).
- Coordinate application deployment for multiple projects and partners.
- Support training and capacity building sessions to EGPAF staff, MoH and other stakeholders on health informatics related activities including EMR and use of m-health solutions.
- Support internal and partner health information system training and continuous mentorship.
- Ensure that program staff and partners have enough capability for operating existing and required information systems.
- Represent the project in health informatics technical forums at facility, sub-county and county level.
To be successful, you will have:
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or Information Technology.
- Demonstrable experience in development and implementation of android and web-based m-health solutions.
- Knowledge of transactional databases (MySQL, SQL Server, SQLite) and database.
- Experience in designing, developing, implementing and maintaining knowledge. management systems that facilitate data use for decision making.
- Experience with server setup and maintenance (including networking and computer hardware maintenance).
- Demonstrated technical experience integrating different data sources from/to different databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Open MRS framework) while addressing data quality; database performance, optimization, data aggregation using PostgreSQL/SQL query scripts.
- Ability to work effectively in a busy, high pressure team environment.
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate outcomes on strict deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to travel locally.
- Experience working in Health domain.
Associate Officer, Technical Strategy & Innovation (TSI)
The Associate Officer will support the Catalyzing COVID Action (CCA) Project. Through the CCA project, EGPAF will support generation of novel evidence on COVID service model and new therapeutics to inform policy guidelines and further scale up; introducing effective and innovative models of care to improve detection of covid-19 cases, increase uptake and access to COVID 19 care and treatment; creating enabling policy and regulatory environment at national, and sub-national levels to support introduction and scale-up of effective and innovative Covid-19 diagnostic and treatment interventions ; and ensuring the sustainability of services in three countries , Cameroon, Zimbabwe and Kenya. This one-year project has been approved for funding by Unitaid and aims to improve the morbidity and mortality associated with COVID 19 in these countries.
The Associate Officer will be one of the key member of the global project team, with staff located in Geneva, Washington-DC and regionally in Africa. The global team will provide oversight, strategic vision, and support to effectively implement the project and ensure coordination with EGPAF’s existing program portfolio. The Associate Officer will provide programmatic, technical, financial, and operational administrative support to project director, Sr program officer , country project team.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
- Support the CCA_ Project Director, and other senior CCA team members at global and country levels in designing, planning , and implementation the project;
- Support the development of technical and programmatic reports to Unitaid; as well as internal EGPAF reports
- Facilitate, coordinate and support the development of the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by the program
- Support strategic information sharing, communication, connection, and coordination between global teams and country teams
- Develop report schematics, timelines, tables, charts, and calendars
- Organize and coordinate meetings, formulate agendas, and participate and/or take meeting notes
- Research and prepare relevant materials for internal and external meetings
- Support Sr Program Officer in the development of high-quality communication material with active coordination with the global project teams for content, and the EGPAF External Affairs team for product design and development
- Closely work with the CCA-project team in both HQ and Country to develop documentation plan and roll out of pro-active documentation including issue brief, technical brief, Stories, event blogs and other related .
To be successful, you will have:
- BA degree required; graduate degree in development or international relations preferred
- 2 years professional experience with HIV or TB or other infection diseases; experience working with NGOs and donors preferred
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of team members and efficiently provide support and assistance to colleagues
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize, take initiative, and follow-through, and demonstrated ability to work well meeting deadlines
- Fluent in English with excellent English writing skills, good mastery of French will be an advantage