Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs
5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free
Find details here
Banking jobs, Engineering jobs, ICT jobs,
Senior Manager ICT Infrastructure
Responsible for implementing, supporting, and maintaining ICT infrastructure, applications, and database systems and ensuring their performance, availability and security to contribute to the bank’s business.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
- Ensure the availability and reliability of ICT infrastructure to support business operations.
- Schedule resources and assign development and maintenance tasks according to departmental and business objectives.
- Implement security measures to minimize risk to information assets
- Provide direct supervision including mentoring, performance management, and staffing decisions for a developing team; set team, group, or service objectives.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the control environment in ICT and ownership of plans to improve the control environment.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external information security requirements and awareness of the latest cyber-security threats.
- Prepare and monitor departmental operation controls against targets on things like security and staff allocation
- Management and coordination of the companywide ICT BCP measures
- Ensure that key business systems are regularly backed up and tested as agreed ICT procedures
- Ensure ICT systems are secure and resilient, carrying out proactive maintenance (e.g. patching) and ensuring processes and configurations are clearly documented.
- Implement strategies for identifying all systems deemed risky and provide measures for undertaking a risk assessment
- Provide leadership in the analysis, planning, design, and implementation of tightly integrated, efficient, cost-effective, scalable solutions
- Work closely with other business owners to understand business priorities and the role of technology in support of department objectives
- Participate in forums/meetings that setup/implement corporate policy on company-wide change management projects
- Develop, maintain and enforce compliance with application development and maintenance standards, procedures, and methods
- Manage business relationships; review multiple teams, groups, or service deliverables to ensure quality (design walk-through, test results, etc.) and adherence to processes, standards, and regulatory requirements
- Manage or actively participate in the budget process (planning, control, and course correction); participate in the research, analysis, selection, and implementation of new tools, technologies, and/or services.
- Review IT industry trends and advise management on the impact on business and IT
- Manage external contacts in terms of contract formulation, implementation, and enforcement
with third parties
- Management and general internal IT user support. Be an effective and efficient Problem Manager for the IT team.
- Meet agreed customer service levels for all systems supported by IT within SLA
- Ensure the IT equipment database is maintained and movements are recorded in the inventory system
- Maintain long-range and near-term plans to ensure the availability of appropriate skills
- Ensure that training plans are aligned with performance plans. Staff training is completed within the agreed timeframes.
- Determine and manage priorities, timelines, and schedules.
- Maintain a register of key ICT assets, processes, and procedures. Ensure all relevant registers are updated appropriately as per schedule
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in sciences, mathematics, computer science, or telecommunication/electronics engineering
- 8-10 years experience, including 3 at the management level
- Expert DBA skills for 10g including extensive experience in implementing DB architecture using Oracle RAC, and SQL. Oracle Certifications, are desirable.
- Knowledge of operating systems (UNIX, SUN, AIX, Linux, Windows)
- Experience with CCTV, PABX, VMWare, SAN, SDWAN, LAN/WAN Technologies, and other Network technologies
- Cloud Computing Services
- Data Center Management Experience
- Strong Problem-solving skills
- Must have a strong grasp of computer and database security.
- Business Continuity Strategies
- Risk Assessment Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of servers, operating systems, and applications, as well as hardware and software troubleshooting, but also knowledge of the purposes for which people in the organization use the computers
- Successful track record of process improvement through developing or implementing information systems.
- Experience in negotiating favorable terms with contract developers and effectively utilizing contract options to augment base resources as appropriate
- Advanced experience in prioritizing and managing the backlog of application development and maintenance work, estimating work tasks and forecasting level and mix of skills needed to support Bank’s business objectives
- Demonstrated competence in vendor negotiations and contract development and in managing the work of vendors and/or subcontractors
- Ability to positively motivate teams and instill accountability for on-time, within budget
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Available for occasional work outside normal business hours.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning – taking actions to improve personal and professional skills, knowledge, and abilities, may require self-directed, self-paced learning or ensuring that you are always at the leading edge of the field.
- Conceptual Thinking – Ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, and to identify key or underlying issues in complex situations. It includes using creative, conceptual or inductive reasoning.
- Customer/Client Focus – Focus on discovering and meeting customer/client needs
- Developing Others – fostering the long-term learning or development of others
- Initiative / Proactivity – Take independent action or proactively create opportunities to resolve or prevent problems in keeping with the role.
- Leadership – Taking a role as leader of a team or other group. Leadership is often, but not always, shown from a position of formal authority.
- Strategic Business Sense – The ability to understand the business implications of decisions and the ability to strive to improve organizational performance. It requires an awareness of business issues, processes, and outcomes as they impact the organization and the customer.
- Teamwork and Cooperation – Working co-operatively with others, being part of a team, working together, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Performance Planning, Feedback & Evaluation – Enabling and developing direct reports through effective use of the Performance Management and Employee Development processes. Demonstrates competency in such activities as goal setting, training and development, career planning, performance coaching, and performance evaluation.
- Project Management – The ability to plan and organize resources to deliver required objectives in a defined situation.
- Problem-solving – Analytical skills.
- Accountability – Delegated authority.