Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI), Financial Planning & Budgeting Manager Jobs
FINANCIAL PLANNING & BUDGETING MANAGER
- The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Financial Planning & Budgeting Manager to; coordinate annual Institute budgeting process, analyze Institutional budgets, ,conduct cost-benefit analysis, forecasting future financial requirements, , full costing and full cost recovery across ILRI and prepare monthly management reports
- ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Coordinate Institute budgeting exercise and facilitate consolidation of budgets.
- Provide close guidance for the preparation of budgets for ILRI programs, Kapiti, Regional and Country offices.
- Updating of budget template’s to ensure completeness and accuracy and facilitate sharing of the same (and related guidelines) to budget holders on a timely basis.
- Review all budgets to ensure consistency, accuracy and completeness and share review outcomes with budget holders for budget revisions, where necessary.
- Providing proposal budget templates, evaluating budget proposals and funding requests.
- Explore ways of improving the budgeting process to ensure efficiency – mainly through Agresso and/or other systems.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
- Liaise with different units for inputs to aid in consolidation of monthly management reports (institutional).
- Facilitate consolidation of internal reports and share sufficiently detailed accounts and analysis for senior management review and decision making.
- Prepare and analyse monthly support Units reports and share with budget holders.
- Share status updates and other ad hoc reports depicting different performance areas – as and when required.
- Facilitate budget analysis to come up with trends, forecasts and meaningful reports for senior management consumption.
- Continuously review reporting processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Accurate costing and pooling of identical services together, identifying cost drivers and ensuring full charge/recovery by users.
- Ensure staff global costs are frequently updated with new employees, salary revisions and changes in benefits/allowances.
- Assess different costing approaches for suitability to the Institute’s business model and to ensure each unit/project pays its fair share of costs.
- Review incomes for selected units to ensure no recoveries are missed and liaising with unit heads to identify alternative recovery mechanisms.
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis for different investment proposals and advise on suitability.
- Reviewing past performance records, understanding the present and analysing trends to come up with projections for the future.
- Providing advisory opinion to senior management on projected funding gap and available opportunities (if any) to bridge the gap.
- Developing different financial health indicators and doing comparisons/benchmarking with similar organizations.
- Manage and coach accountants in this team including job appraisals and professional development.
- Provide financial training within the organization to elevate financial management literacy as needed by staff.
- Participate and provide financial advice in procurement committees
- Model ILRI’s values, setting an example for others: Help others to do well. Advance equity. Constantly adapt, relentlessly improve. Default to transparency, reveal hard truths. Learn together.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting or related field
- Full accounting qualifications – CPA (K) or ACCA.
- At least ten years of relevant work experience.
- Five years’ experience in a supervisory position.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting software required.
- Good computer and financial analysis skills.
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2020 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Terms of Appointment
- This position is at job level HG 17 and it is only open to Kenyan nationals. The position is a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances
How to apply:
- Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 15 September 2020. The position title and reference number REF: CS/09/2020 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
- We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview