Project Manager, P&C Strategy and Planning
- The Project Manager will be responsible for special projects, the first of which will be focused on the change management and implementation process of the new P&C team. They will partner with the Senior P&C Director and other key colleagues by providing high quality project management and support of organizational development. In addition to their responsibilities within the P&C launch, they will also support other strategic projects across P&C’s remit, as needed.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Provide project management leadership and support to the People & Culture team on a variety of global projects, initially focusing on the P&C Implementation team throughout FY24.
- Drive project prioritization, design, timelines, and delivery. Particular focus on problem solving issues including applying a “roll up the sleeves and fix it” attitude.
- Facilitate effective collaboration of project contributors across partner functions to deliver efficient and timely project delivery.
- Document internal interviews, focus groups and stakeholder engagement.
- Integrate and manage the program timeline by identifying all project internal & external interdependencies.
- Develop decision logs for project sponsors throughout the duration of projects.
- Create and maintain budget analysis and reporting, including budget proposals, funding models, and scenario planning for the P&C implementation.
- Use established criteria and tools to effectively and efficiently facilitate and report against program execution with measurable results.
- Perform risk and issue management at the program level: Collaborate with all project leadership to identify risks and issues that are not visible at the task level but impact the overall project or broader program/portfolio.
- Schedule and deliver regular updates to project sponsors and IRC leadership.
- Clearly demonstrate the ability to be a project’s subject matter expert and central, trusted source of all critical information.
Organizational Design & Development
- Support in the organization development, culture design, and change management of various P&C strategic projects.
- Ensure the execution of transformation projects are delivered on time and on budget, ensuring employees are well-prepared for the changes to achieve desired outcomes.
- Design organizational charts for various organizational design scenarios, analyzing the cost benefit of each scenario
- Draft communications that explain proposals, decisions, and supporting data in a clear, compelling and visually appealing manner.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent project leadership, management and organizational skills including creation of and execution on detailed work plans, close attention to detail, and superior time management
- Experience in change management and/or organizational development is preferred
- A commitment to IRC’s mission, vision, values, and IRC Way – Professional Code of Conduct
- “Client-first” approach: ability to listen and understand the needs of office, units and country teams and incorporate them into processes, tools, and approaches
- Experience interacting and communicating effectively with members of a complex organization at multiple levels
- Ability to develop insight and well-supported opinions based on varying feedback from wide range of stakeholders and independent research
- Ability to anticipate and assess situations accurately and recommend/implement effective courses of action required.
- Highly collaborative, inclusive, consultative, and resourceful work style
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Exceptional discretion and confidentiality in dealing with sensitive material
- Excellent judgment, tact, initiative, creativity, critical thinking, problem solving, and self-motivation
- Strong skills in MS Office including exceptional PowerPoint and Excel skills; Internet Research; Collaboration Platforms such as MS Teams and Zoom
- Knowledge of spoken and written French, Arabic or Spanish a strong plus
Senior Director CRRD People & Culture
- The Senior Director, People & Culture will develop and lead a highly effective, strategic People & Culture team across IRC’s 6 regional units (Asia, East Africa, Great Lakes, Latin America, Middle East, West Africa), Emergency & Humanitarian Action Unit, and Technical Excellence team to ensure the organization has the structure, culture and talent needed to deliver on global program goals and effectively serve its clients. This individual is a core member of the CRRD senior leadership team, and serves as strategic partner, advisor, and coach with a particular focus on ensuring a safe and welcoming culture for all people, organizational performance, and efficiency and effectiveness of work processes.
- Lead People & Culture for CRRD, including the collaborative development of strategic plans in the areas of succession and workforce planning, talent acquisition, talent management, employee relations, compensation & benefits, employee engagement, and people analytics, all fully infused with a deep commitment to employee well-being, safeguarding, and equitable and inclusive practices.
- Serve as CRRD senior leadership’s focal point for the department’s People & Culture annual strategic goals.
- Lead the development of a comprehensive approach to ensure CRRD staff experience IRC’s full suite of Staff Care and Safeguarding; Learning and Development; and Gender, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion commitments.
- Evaluate, build and facilitate People & Culture functional capacity and service delivery for CRRD in collaboration with the CRRD P&C Leadership Team.
- Promote the IRC Way, the values that are critical for a safe and inclusive work environment and reinforce our commitment to the well-being and duty of care of all colleagues
- Lead, empower and mentor direct reports, including communicating clear expectations, co-creating performance objectives, providing regular and timely constructive performance feedback, and supporting their overall well-being and professional aspirations.
- Advise, counsel and/or lead, where appropriate, large or complex Employee Relations matters in partnership with IRC’s Employee Relations and Ethics & Compliance Unit
- Travel to all regions as and when needed to provide in-person leadership, support, technical trainings and/or management of special projects
- We are an organization that is continually growing and changing, and the responsibilities of this role will reflect these shifts over time.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Dual reporting line to Chief Human Resources Officer and SVP, CRRD
Direct Reports: 8-10+ senior, experienced P&C professionals, the majority at Director level
Key Internal Relationships
- CRRD Senior Management Team, Regional staff, Country Directors and HQ staff
- Global P&C team across all of the HQ functional teams and at the regional and country level
Key External Relationships: INGO counterparts; legal counsel; P&C associations and networks
- Fifteen+ years of progressive professional P&C-related experience with a minimum of 5 years at a regional level
- Genuine commitment to fostering equity, inclusion and belonging in the workplace, with experience in establishing a supportive workplace for under-represented groups and accelerating their professional development
- Experience supporting groups of 1,000+ employees at multiple organizational levels, cultures and locations within a regional or global environment required
- Experience in emergency response, conflict zones and/or humanitarian aid sector preferred
- Demonstrated success in supporting key senior management and building strong, trusted relationships
- Excellent management and leadership skills including coaching, mentoring, and performance management
- High degree of comfort and successful track record supervising in matrixed environments
- Skilled in collaborating with operational and technical focal points to ensure organizational best practices are represented in work
- Broad knowledge and experience across the spectrum of People & Culture competencies
- Ability to work, manage, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment; exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills needed
- Superb inter-personal, written and verbal communication skills with ability to collaborate across countries, cultures, and departments required
- Must possess a highly collaborative, inclusive, consultative, and resourceful workstyle that balances required compliance/policy enforcement with a steadfast commitment to client service and support
- Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills including detailed work planning and superior time management skills
- Fluency in Arabic, French and/or Spanish is advantageous
- Ability to travel globally up to 25% of the time, occasionally on short notice.