Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
IREX jobs,Education jobs,Social science jobs,Communication jobs,
Project Assistant, Center for Applied Learning & Impact
Your Background and Skills
- Demonstratable commitment to youth inclusion, particularly focusing on marginalized groups of young people.
- Soft skills including humility, adaptability, a growth mindset, collaboration to engage diverse audiences in different parts of the world, a self-starter mindset that utilizes creative/entrepreneurial thinking.
- At least two (2) years of experience working on youth-led and/or youth-serving initiatives in Kenya.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills and the ability to interact and cooperate effectively with a large and multicultural team. Utilizes and considers inclusive engagement techniques throughout collaborations.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in managing finances for small projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Swahili; other local languages a plus.
- Must authorized to work in Kenya for any employer
Your Daily Tasks
- Support the communication with and coordination of participant processes during the various activities under the project
- Manage the travel, accommodation and other logistical requirements for project staff and consultants as would be required for the successful execution of the assignment
- In liaison with the Finance Team, process payments to consultants, vendors and as required.
- Support the consultant with the preparation of materials for various project assignments including field surveys, workshops and other activities.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the project activities.
- Support the project interface with key stakeholders such as young people, the government, project funder and other partners.
- Contribute to Youth Excel monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Contribute to Youth Excel project communications such as collecting and sharing impact stories from sub-grantees.
- May include travel within Kenya.
- Other duties as assigned.
Research & Program Coordinator, Girls’ Learning Through Technology (GLTT)
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Your Background & Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree related to education, social science research or a closely related topic
- At least two years of work experience work in education programs; may include a combination of part-time, internships, etc; and
- Proven experience managing multiple administrative tasks in a demanding, time sensitive work environment
- Preferred demonstrated implementation or MEL of knowledge related to effective education research, teacher training, education technology, and/or girls’ education and empowerment.
- Experience planning or implanting domestic or international education programs
- Experience supporting and/or conducitng research and ability to proficiently articulate findings in the English language
- Proactive and comfortable with contemporary digital platforms for collaboration and communication;
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individual regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including governments, private sector,teachers, higher educational institutions, schools, donors, etc;
- Ability to work well on a team, including eliciting and incorporating input, delegating tasks, and providing respectful feedback where appropriate;
- Proficient in Microsoft office products, including and especially Excel;
- Clear, succinct and compelling communication skills, both oral and written;
- Outstanding interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Very strong time management, multitasking, and organizational skills; and
- Speaking, reading and writing proficiency in English and Swahili required.
Your Daily Tasks
- Supporting the administration and research for the GLTT project
- With supervision, provide input to internal/external reports, presentations, and other products.
- Provide logistical support for all program needs, may include event planning, travel arrangements, schedule meetings, etc.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation activities including data management and analysis if assigned.
- Communicate proactively with staff members and supervisor on project development.
- Support program internal and external communication; tasks may include, the management of email inboxes and program contact information, draft written communications, contribute to program communication tools (newsletters) and social media efforts.
- Draft correspondence with stakeholders. Guidance and/or approval before engaging stakeholders may be required.
- Serve as point of contact for teacher facilitators when assigned.
- Accurately perform financial administration tasks (check requests, sub-award approval level, PAM, vendor RFP, etc). Develop a sound understanding of the purpose and reason for each required task consistent with policies.