Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Insurance jobs, Finance jobs, Actuarial Science jobs, Statistics jobs, Audit jobs,
The job holder will be accountable for the compliance of the Life Business. The job holder will support services on all levels ensuring the company is compliant with internal Jubilee Insurance policies, all external regulations, acts, and laws
applicable in the insurance and financial services industry.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
- Ensures that applicable regulation is adhered to by the business and support functions through day-to-day monitoring and regular review to ensure compliance to existing legislation, regulations and internal policies and controls.
- Ensures that compliance risks are identified, assessed, controlled, and enforced.
- Suspicious transactions are identified and reported immediately to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer without tipping off.
- Review company processes/operational manuals and systems to ensure that they are regularly updated to meet the set regulations, policies, and all other requirements such as mandates, escalations, controls, etc.
- Identifying areas of compliance weakness and recommend remedial measures in consultation with the CEO, Heads of Departments, Head of Compliance, and IT Risk & Compliance Manager.
- Work with Internal Audit on their recommendation on compliance related issues for implementation.
- Preparing departmental compliance training material and train staff and third parties within the business. Verify understanding through testing and work with the Compliance team on projects to increase compliance awareness.
- Preparing and presenting compliance reports to various stakeholders on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Coordinating the Anti–Money Laundering, Data Protection, and other regulatory activities.
- Conducting continuous audits, reviews, and enhancements of processes/systems/documents and manuals with reference to laid down policies, regulations, laws, and best practices within the company.
- Report non-compliance and support the team in management of a crisis or compliance violation.
- Address employee concerns or questions on legal compliance.
- Demonstrate continued personal development within the compliance space.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Management.
- Strong Analytical skills
- High level of Integrity and Professionalism
- Team player with excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Regulatory/Market Awareness
- Compliance Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership &Commitment
- Bachelor of Commerce in Finance or any other related field.
- CPA-K Qualification
- Computer Software Packages
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a compliance/audit environment within the financial services industry, preferably in the insurance or banking industry.
Main Purpose of the Job (Job Summary)
The role provides actuarial modelling and reporting in product development & profit-testing, IFRS17, solvency, risk capital, management and financial reporting, regulatory compliance.
- Actuarial reporting for financial & regulatory compliance: Including actuarial reserving, IFRS17 modelling, Financial Condition Report, Solvency, Risk Based Capital reports
- Product Development: –
- Pricing, profit-testing, system set-up
- Development of policy documents for new products
- Developing illustrations for new products
- Ongoing profitability monitoring of the product
- Scenario & sensitivity testing
- Actuarial experience analyses including mortality investigations; persistency; expenses; investment returns; analysis of reserves & surplus
- Value of new business, embedded value & Asset Liability Management valuations
- Projections and Budgeting: Projected actuarial reporting for financial statements & strategic planning
- Actuarial risk technical modelling and use of internal models
- Gives leadership and technical direction to staff under supervision in performing actuarial functional work
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics or any other related field
- Professional actuarial exams (minimum of 7 exams completed)
- Accountability for results
- Team management
- Actuarial judgement skills
- Minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience, one (1) of which is at a supervisory level.
Method of Application
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 18th September 2022.