Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Research jobs,Laboratory science jobs,Laboratory technologist jobs,
To support epidemiological and laboratory activities for a range of projects within the Epidemiology and demography department. These include immuno-surveillance for COVID-19, analysis of risk factors for post pneumonia discharge mortality in Kenya and providing management and oversight for laboratory projects under the ambit of group projects.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
- Principal Investigator
The position holder will have responsibilities as an Research Officer (ARO) as follows:
- Supporting immunoassays for SARS CoV-2 variant evaluation.
- Analysis of public health interventions to reduce paediatric pneumonia in Kenya.
- Coordinating sample processing, shipment and analysis within the department.
- Supervision of junior scientists.
- Grant and manuscript development.
- Master’s in Public Health.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Science, or similar (Upper second honours or higher)
- 3 Years minimum relevant experience.
- Undertaken a course in Biostatistics or health informatics
- Successful development of grant or fellowship proposal
- Evidence of scientific publication.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Good leadership and managerial skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Mentorship and training of junior scientists in an academic environment.
- Good planning, organisation and co-ordination skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to take and follow instructions, initiative, keen to learn and proactive with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Flexibility, adaptability, ability to multi-task.
- Confidentiality and integrity.
- Working in collaboration with Programme scientists and collaborators in Europe and the United States.
JOB PURPOSE: This position is for a person who will provide technical support to the Human Genetics Factors research group, who will be responsible for setting up of laboratory experiments, analysis of samples/data and recording of applied processes and procedures to meet research objectives.Description:
- Research Officer
- Conduct experiments, including parasite/cell culture, flow cytometry, immunology, and molecular laboratory techniques.
- Interpret and document results using laboratory procedures.
- Provide technical support and advice to researchers in the design of experiments.
- Standardize, calibrate, and carry out preventive maintenance and basic troubleshooting on laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Prepare and collate results, update relevant databases, and communicate results according to laid down procedures.
- Participate in various QAQC, regulatory and accreditation agencies within assigned sections and comply with all health and safety guidelines.
- Monitor laboratory resources and inform relevant staff on the replenishment of consumables.
- Liaise with clinical and field teams to ensure they comply with the laid down protocols in respect to sample collection and transport.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Registration by Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB) with a valid practicing KMLTTB License.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of GCLP and regulatory/ accreditation agency requirements.
- Detailed understanding of Laboratory Health and Safety practices.
- Computer skills
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, planning and administrative skills.
- Good attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Teamwork and ability to work in diverse teams.
- Ability to adapt to changes in working schedules including weekends.
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 23 December, 2021.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).