Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs
5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free
Find details here
Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation jobs, Public Health jobs, Project Management jobs,
Deputy Program Director – Monitoring, Evaluation, And Learning
- Provide overall leadership of strategic information and data demand and use including analysis of KCCB-ACTS contribution to and impact on the national HIV response; development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and evaluations.
- Provide technical leadership in M&E systems design and implementation, and be responsible for the overall management of Strategic Information;
- Lead and provide technical inputs to improve and facilitate the delivery of sound technical assistance in M&E;
- Analyze data sets and technical assessment findings, and develop and monitor work plans;
- Work closely with the program team to ensure compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements;
- Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building the capacity of partner sites and staff, and improving alignment and support to KCCB-ACTS M&E systems;
- Undertake periodic reviews of program M&E systems, and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting;
- Providing inputs in the use of data to inform KCCB-ACTS operational planning processes to ensure cross-departmental planning based on available information;
- Developing innovative strategies to strengthen data collection, monitoring, evaluation, analysis and reporting for various program components;
- Responsible for leading KCCB-ACTS evaluation activities by generating and providing evidence in priority areas to support improved program implementation and advocacy;
- Promoting organizational learning arising from KCCB-ACTS evaluation efforts;
- Developing an evaluation framework and carrying out program impact evaluation and preparing strategic documents/reports;
- Leading the monitoring & evaluation team in the preparation of various donor reports and ensuring high level of quality and timeliness in reporting. Leading the team to map the needs of partner sites and developing a training curriculum on Monitoring & Evaluation for program sub-recipients;
- Conducting innovative/operation research in the thematic area and preparing reports such as cost-effectiveness/ efficiency analysis, etc
- Disseminating research and program learnings through presentations and publications at national, regional and global levels;
- In conjunction with Program SMT, undertaking new program development, including the development of concept notes and project/program proposals;
- Developing strategic direction and work plans (as appropriate) for the Monitoring and Evaluation team and contributing to KCCB-ACTS organizational strategic planning processes;
- Working closely with the SMT to establish, maintain and strengthen effective relationships between KCCB-ACTS and external institutions involved in HIV/AIDS programs, those working in Monitoring and Evaluation, including key government agencies, donor agencies, NGO/civil society partners and research institutions;
- Participating, as requested by the Program Director, in relevant external committees, partnerships and TWGs;
- Carry out any other essential tasks related to KCCB-ACTS and General Secretariat’s goals that may reasonably be assigned.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Statistics, Population Studies, Public Health or a related discipline.
- At least 8 years of demonstrated experience designing, and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities for complex public health programs in developing countries.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in USG/PEPFAR reporting requirements.
- Evidence of publications in peer-reviewed journals.]
- Experience in working with EMRs Excellent command of monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
- Knowledge of M&E issues related to improvements in quality integrated health services and support programs, particularly programs focusing on HIV and TB.
- Previous experience implementing and managing a rigorous M&E system including developing and monitoring performance monitoring plans that track performance as sub-results/results.
- Knowledge of data collection protocols to ensure accurate data collection and verification is essential, as well as an ability to identify data trends and communicate this information to allow for changes in program implementation.
- M&E experience in the health sector is desired, particularly in health systems strengthening.
- Ability to write quality reports for donors.
- Knowledge of and experience in operational and/or implementation research experience highly desired.
- Past experience leading and building the capacity of M&E officers, including remote, field-based staff, to meet program needs and deliverables is desired.
- Extraordinary organizational, verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information.
- Excellent skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and DHIS2. Experience working with statistical analysis software (STATA, SPSS, Epi Info or alike) is highly desired.
- Experience with USG/PEPFAR programs/projects and reporting requirements required.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and navigate complex political contexts. Ability to develop effective working relationships with local governments, other program partners and counterparts.
- Highest level of Integrity
- Knowledge of the Social teaching of the Catholic Church.
Monitoring And Evaluation Advisors
- Provide technical assistance to KCCB-ACTS and stakeholders on Strategic Information and M&E;
- Develop – in conjunction with stakeholders – a realistic, accurate and cost-effective project M&E work plan and strategy in conjunction with program staff;
- Develop and refine existing clinic and community-based reporting systems, indicators for HIV care and treatment, training and improved enabling environment;
- Create, customize, and maintain all M&E related SOPs, including but not limited to DQA, EMR, data verification and cleaning in DATIM Systems;
- Integrate HIV M& activities into wider HSS and strategic objectives at faith-based affiliated sites;
- Support HMIS/EMR to ensure timely and accurate entry of reports into the electronic databases;
- Review annual fiscal year (FY) targets for all the program areas in their region and participate in facility level target setting activities;
- Take lead in analyzing and writing of monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual programmatic performance reports and their submission in stipulated deadlines;
- Facilitates data auditing and verification to assure internal consistency and validity of project activity monitoring data reported by all sites, through quarterly data verification and auditing visits;
- Facilitate the interpretation and use of M&E data, through the regional level and facility level review meetings between the program, the county teams and health care workers;
- Facilitate implementation of capacity building courses through workshops and on the job trainings on monitoring, evaluation and reporting as required for data clerks and the health workers;
- Provide guidance and support to the program in the implementation of monitoring tools, which will include, but not be limited to, data collection, analysis and reporting on program indicators;
- Supervise Data Officers working at the regions;
- Liaise and manage relationships with clients/donors, government officials, and public and private sector organizations; serve as program SI representative on the technical working group;
- Prepare written reports, strategy documents, presentations, models, analyses, and recommendations;
- Develop innovative SI toolkits and operating procedures and implement methodologies;
- Provide technical assistance to promote evaluation strategies to promote data usage and ownership that enhance programs and services and enhance sustainability;
- Coordinate with the CQI advisor to provide technical support to the program, the data clerks and health care workers in data utilization to inform continuous quality improvement;
- Provides technical guidance and mentors lower-level personnel. Acts as a team lead as needed and may supervise others;
- Participate and support in routine program review meetings and other reviews as required;
- Supervises the entry of verified KCCB-ACTS programmatic data that is compliant with all MOH/PEPFAR/OGAC/CDC reporting requirements for DATIM, DHIS, EMR and SIMS.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- A Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, statistics or related discipline;
- Minimum six years working in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and analyzing data to support performance improvement of programs (of which three should be experienced with CDC, USAID, PEPFAR or other major heath donors/programs);
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of PEPFAR and MOH reporting requirements;
- Demonstrated expertise in data analysis, managing online databases to ensure easy access to data and data reports; Demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems;
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy-to-understand formats including visualizations;
- Demonstrable knowledge of EMR systems;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, Epi Info and/or software; and make recommendations based on findings;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analyses and make recommendations based on findings;
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Excellent report writing, analytical, proposal writing and communication skills, including oral presentation skills;
- Highest level of integrity;
- Knowledge of the Social Teachings of the Church;
KENYA CONFERENCE OF CATHOLIC BISHOPS-GENERAL SECRETARIAT
P.O BOX 13475-00800
Please apply online through the following portal:
To reach him on or before 19th September 2022
Candidates to only submit application letters and CV’s. Academic certificates and testimonials will be needed if candidates are shortlisted.NB: Quote Ref. KCCB-ACTS/9/2022/01 on the Application Letter
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops on portal.karp.or.ke to apply.