Biological sciences jobs,Research jobs,Clerical jobs,Entry level jobs,
Clerical Officer (Community Interviewer)
Vacancy: J/G-KMR 10
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education grade D+ (plus)
- Be in possession of GCP certificate
- Be able to ride a motorcycle and in possession of a valid rider license
- Have experience in electronic data collection gadgets e.g smartphone, tablets
- Be a resident or willing to live and work in the study site
- Attention to details
- Ability to write brief reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Reporting to the study coordinator the field technician will be responsible for consenting, follow up
and retention of study participants. S/he must be flexible and work within the existing structure, in a
professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in identification of potential participants
- Consent and recruit eligible participants
- Schedule participants for follow ups
- Complete study forms accurately & completely
- Ensure the required supplies and tools are available for own use in good time
- Work closely with the data team to resolve queries
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive research information
- Participate in monthly program meetings
- Perform any other duties assigned/delegated by the study management.
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the referees
- Copies of Certificates
Vacancy: CGHR /356/04/23
The successful candidate will work with the Senior Research Scientist to coordinate entomological collections in the field while overseeing field workers, perform bioassays on field collected mosquitoes and support laboratory and insectary-based activities.
- Perform entomological sample collection, processing, preservation, storage, and shipment.
- Perform routine laboratory procedures including PCR and ELISA
- Perform bioassays on field collected and lab reared mosquitoes.
- Mosquito rearing and insectary maintenance.
- Follow and ensure proper compliance with protocol procedures and institutional guidelines.
- Maintenance of study documentation and records.
- Support the drafting of SOPs, operations manuals, quality assurance documentation, training materials and others.
- Attend all required trainings and ensure activities are carried out in accordance to stipulated guidance from Senior Research Scientist.
- Train, guide and supervise field workers in the field and laboratory.
- Assist in planning, organizing, and undertaking of field activities.
- Manage and monitor equipment, reagents, consumables, and other resources needed for research activities.
- Oversee data entry and data cleaning in timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in any area of biological sciences with preference to medical entomology.
- At least one-year previous field and insectary experience working on mosquitoes.
Skills and abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of mosquito morphology, biology and ecology will be added advantage.
- Knowledge in mosquito taxonomy, dissection procedures and other bioassays is highly desirable.
- Excellent team player and willingness to work odd hours including early mornings, and late evenings.
- High proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Terms of Employment: This is a one-year contract renewable t as per KEMRI scheme of service with probation in the first three months.
Remuneration: The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales
Method of Application
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
- Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
Apply by post to Director, CGHR, P.O. Box 1578-40100, Kisumu so as to reach him not later than May 23, 2023