Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Clinical Medicine jobs, Public Health jobs, Red Cross jobs, Administration jobs, Education jobs, Teaching jobs,
Assistant Registrar – Students Registration & Examinations
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare and Maintain accurate student academic records, including course registration, performance, deferment, suspension, resumption of studies and credit transfer records
- Coordinate semester grade reports distribution to the students and sending term performance reports to parents and sponsors
- Provide and communicate information from the Registrars’ Office to appropriate individuals and groups as required/ requested
- Assist in the administration of examinations and continuous assessment tests
- Maintaining clock in clock out registers for lectures and analyzing the same
- Provide support to students on online learning
- Assist in the issuance of academic Certificates
- Assist in grade verification process before issuance of Transcripts and preparation of diplomas
- Maintain accurate and up to date student grade books
- Orderly archiving of examination scripts, and all other student records within the Academic department, examination office and registry
- Provide excellent customer services to students, faculty, and staff
- Perform any other relevant responsibility as requested by the Head of Academics and or the Registrar.
THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Key Skills and Personal Attributes
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Major strength in Statistics and Data analytics
- A high level of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Internet).
- Understanding of technology applications related to records and data management processes
- Excellent judgement with the ability to balance risks and opportunities
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver challenging tasks
- An absolute commitment to upholding the College Values. In particular, commitment:
- to prioritize the needs of students
- to act with integrity, authenticity & respect at all times
- to secure continuous improvement and excellence
- to focus on coaching and developing others to reach their full potential Demonstrated commitment to continuous personal development
- Sound administrative skills and experience in working with individuals of diverse demographic nature.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in education, business administration, or related field from a recognized institution with a major strength in Statistics and Data analytics and records management.
- 1-2 years of related registry work experience in a tertiary educational setting.
- Demonstrated continuing professional development
- Sound knowledge and understanding of best practice locally and internationally in regards to Academic records and management
- A deep understanding of, commitment to and involvement in hospitality Industry
- Understanding of technology applications related to records and data management processes.
- Experience with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications essential; database management experience highly preferred
Deadline: Sunday 11th June, 2023
Public Health Manager
- The Public Health Manager is responsible for ensuring effective design, development, implementation and evaluation of integrated Health programming in both emergency and development contexts for the national society. This role contributes to the realization of key objectives of the Health and Nutrition sector strategic plans as well as the overall organization strategic plan objective of ensuring communities lead healthy lives and have opportunities to achieve social, economic and psychosocial wellbeing. It includes active participation in researching, analyzing data, reporting and liaising with health agencies especially the Ministry of Health and other partners to ensure quality programming to meet set targets and international humanitarian standards.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
- Provide technical support and leadership in RMNCAH, GBV, & management of KRCS clinical facilities
- Provide oversight and monitoring support to the implementing teams.
- Provide technical support and guidance in the management of the KRCS health facilities in refugee operations and drugs and substance abuse rehabilitation center
- Build the capacity of the implementing teams.
- Spearhead Health systems strengthening efforts for delivery of Integrated Health and Nutrition interventions
- Establish and maintain partnerships.
- Coordinate resource mobilization.
- Oversee and undertake research, policy, advocacy, documentation and generation of data for decision making.
- Provide leadership in the design and development of evidence based high impact Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH), Gender Based Violence and blood donation interventions in line with the organizational strategy and sector specific strategies and plans.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the teams managing the health facilities in Kalobeyei, Dadaab and drugs and substance abuse rehabilitation center
- Coordinate preparation of funding proposals to meet the identified needs in line with the strategic plan ensuring adherence to donor requirements.
- Undertake scoping for new partnerships and ensure strategies are in place to maintain existing partners.
- Represent organization in national Government health sector and other stakeholder coordination forums.
- Participate in the development and review of health sector policies and guidelines for enhanced service delivery to meet the country health targets.
- Contribute to advocacy efforts to ensure RMNCAH, Gender Based Violence, blood donation and drugs and substance abuse rehabilitation center priorities are clearly articulated in national and county plans for increased resource allocation for sustainability
- Contribute to advocacy efforts to ensure that RMNCAH, Gender Based Violence, blood donation, drugs and substance abuse rehabilitation center priorities are included in the organization wide strategies and plans.
- Participate in the development of annual work plans, budgets and programme reviews and ensure follow up actions on evaluations/audits are implemented
- Guide and mentor staff under direct supervision to set clear targets aligned to the organizational strategy, support in performance appraisal and capacity development initiatives for staff in Health RMNCAH, Gender Based Violence, blood donation and drugs and substance abuse rehabilitation center to effectively play their role and enhance visibility for the organization, and adherence to code of conduct and codes of professional practice.
- Plan, monitor and evaluate the performance of programme staff against set targets and objectives, assess training needs and implementing development action plans aimed at building the capacity of individuals and multi-disciplinary teams
- Represent the Society at meetings, conferences and workshops and other forums to promote the activities of KRCS and articulate issues related to humanitarian relief
- Prepare inception reports, concept papers, periodic progress reports and annual reports showing achievements against planned targets as well as providing justification for performance variances and areas of improvement
- Monitor usage of Health (RMNCAH), Gender Based Violence, blood donation and drugs and substance abuse rehabilitation center supplies and assets in accordance with donor regulations;
- Ensure budget spending according to approved budgets, review and analyze budgets versus actual expenditures and take remedial measures;
- In coordination with the Head of Health Nutrition and Social services, determine RMNCAH, Gender Based Violence and blood donation program staffing needs and ensure such positions are filled in timely manner;
- Ensure the implementation of the staff health policy in collaboration with the HR department
- Degree or Masters in MBChB /Clinical Medicine with higher Diploma in Reproductive Health
- Master’s in Public Health/Epidemiology
- Post graduate in Gender and Development will be desirable
- Relevant post-graduate qualification in community health, or equivalent qualifications with certificate in project management will be an added advantage
- Over seven (7) years’ experience in planning, implementing and evaluating health programmes particularly RMNCAH and Gender Based Violence and overall technical support to health facilities.
- Additional experience in grants management particularly USAID, EU funded grants
- Must be registered with medical practitioners and dentist council and or Kenya Clinical Officers’ Association (KCOA)
- Knowledge of public health, humanitarian relief issues, trends and goals aimed at preventing and alleviating human suffering
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the Society’s strategic objectives
- Strong communication and presentation skills in both English and Kiswahili, including ability to develop reports and prepare relevant publications
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic and political issues
- Demonstrated ability to influence and resolve differences and conflicts
- Demonstrated technical expertise in strategic management, project planning and budgeting as well as programme monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated competence in resource mobilization including implementation of effective fundraising strategies to increase resource through grant proposals
- Ability to develop and implement accountability and performance management systems, giving candid performance feedback as well as providing support for professional development efforts linked to strategic objectives
- Ability to maintain high standards of personal integrity; establishing productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect
- Ability to empower programme staff through coaching and mentorship by emphasizing accountability and results oriented management
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, data-base, email and utilization of the internet
Deadline: 7th June 2023
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Procurement Officer shall be responsible for developing and implementing sourcing approaches to meet KRCS’s supply needs based on plans, procedures, and requests received alongside the Procurement Manager. Responsible for sourcing and buying of goods and services in accordance with the procurement policy and practices that includes awarding and monitoring a variety of contracts; and for developing, issuing, and managing post-award administration of formal requests for proposals, RFQs, and other miscellaneous solicitations within limits of delegated authority.
- To support the implementation of the procurement strategy including sourcing activities that generate benefits and achieve financial savings targets.
- Analyze and evaluates requisition forms as assigned, to ensure purchase meet the requirements and ensure compliance with KRCS’s policies and procedures.
- Initiates competitive procurement tools such as Requests for Proposals (RFP), Requests for Quotations (RFQ) and ensures that the user needs are met, the Society obtains the best value and that the procurement processes are perceived by suppliers as fair, open and ethical.
- Prepare sourcing documents; including planning, raising RFQs, ITTs, issuing Purchase Orders and Call-off Orders against Framework Agreements, and other tasks; and follow up on approvals.
- Coordinate the procurement processes, e.g., drafting bidding documents and launching sourcing and solicitation events in eSourcing, managing bid submissions, communicating with bidders, participating in evaluations, preparing evaluation reports, supporting the preparation of Contracts, Framework Agreements, and amendments thereof.
- Provide support in the negotiation of contractual agreements with suppliers to ensure that service, quality, added value, lowest total cost, security of supply, and the deployment of the supplier’s capabilities in innovation are secured.
- To ensure that internal customer and supplier relationships are maintained well for the procurement category to deliver breakthrough performance in cost, turnaround time, service, and quality.
- Develop strong relationships with the regional field office programmes to support them in improving their Procurement practices and review all Procurement Plans together with the Procurement Manager.
- Process invoices for goods and services delivered, ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation and timely payment, following up to completion, and informing clients.
- Receive, verify deliveries, and ship them to requesters (Bases or Coordination departments)
- Monitor available framework agreements and expenditures against allocations from Budget Follow Ups.
- Prepare management information reports on a monthly and quarterly basis, including data analysis and recommendations on improving the efficiency of sourcing services.
- Implement and ensure compliance with the Procurement Policy, Procurement Manual, and established Procurement Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in any business-related course/ procurement/supply chain
- Professional qualification in procurement completed or ongoing (CIPS or CPSP)
- Membership to a local professional entity (KISM)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working in Procurement, preferably in an NGO/and/or development program, with in-depth experience in managing complex sourcing processes and supplier relationships.
- Solid knowledge and experience in planning and implementing sourcing activities and processes.
- Excellent supplier management skills and a strong ability to hold suppliers accountable to deliver on their responsibilities.
- Excellent Contract management, negotiations, and relationship management skills.
- Experience in some of our key programmatic categories (Supply Chain, Construction, Humanitarian Goods, Education Supplies, Medicines) or indirect categories (External Workers/Consultancy, IT, Property, etc.).
- Knowledge of NGO/ Donor policies and their compliance requirements in respect of Procurement and wider supply chain activity
- Willingness to undertake field travel as required and work in difficult environments according to travel environments.
- High level of computer literacy. Especially excellent MS Excel/Word skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Fluency in spoken and written English
- Experience in using a Procurement system is desirable.
Deadline: 9th June