Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Insurance jobs, Administration jobs, Kenya Re jobs, Land Economics jobs, Real Estate Management jobs, Actuarial Sciences jobs, Statistics jobs,
The job holder is responsible for dealing with the analysis, evaluation,assessment and ascertaining the risks and accordingly accepting or declining the risk in our portfolio based on the company’s risks appetite, capacity reserves, and ability to pay such claims when they occur.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
- Analysis, risk evaluation and quotation based on the statistics provided by the Broker/Cedant. Premium setting as per the analysis and evaluation
- of risk and making appropriate recommendations to the Departmental head in line with the Corporation’s Underwriting policy.
- Soliciting for new business negotiation of more shares from well performing portfolio through telephone calls, sending emails and market visits in our regions of operation these include Africa, Middle East and Asia.
- Providing market information, statistics as and when required before market visits.
- Communicate with our customers in a manner to ensure that they are satisfied with our services since the customer is King. Any dissatisfaction will lead to loss of business.
- Attend meetings of debt collection and make presentation of how much outstanding balances you have collected.
- Attend ISO meetings and make reports whenever they are required.
- Signing of treaty and facultative business contracts and sending them to the clients as per the contracts requirement.
- Calling for returns/closing from the cedants/brokers whenever they are due to facilitate booking and allocation of the same.
- Supervise filing of the contracts that have already been finalized.
- Oversee facultative analysis and acceptance.
- Monitoring the performance of Facultative Reinsurance and calling for outstanding balances from the Cedants/Brokers and ensure premium has been remitted before renewal of any risk.
- Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Insurance or a business-related field from a recognized university. They should be holders of a diploma from the Chartered Insurance Institute (CIor its equivalent.
- They should have three (3) years working experience in Insurance/ reinsurance and be members of a relevant professional body.
- In addition, they should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good organization skills, advanced skills in mathematics and statistics and be team players
Administrative Officer, Property
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER, PROPERTY KRC/HR/2022/02
The job holder is responsible for collecting rent, preparing and keeping up to date records on rental and issue letters of offer; facilitate documents and visitors within the division and liaise with the service providers on quarterly service delivery.
- Resolving tenants issues.
- Ensuring adherence to property management rules and regulations.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Monitoring voids in Kisumu Reinsurance Plaza and coordinating the leasing process
- Tenant Accounts Reconciliation for Reinsurance Plaza Kisumu
- Rent collection for specific allocated active accounts and all inactive lease accounts in Reinsurance Plaza Kisumu
- Preparation of reports for the building to be used in meetings.
- Monitoring and updating Kisumu Reinsurance Plaza Expenses Budget
- Initiation of debt recovery measures (Auction, Debt collection services) for Kisumu Reinsurance Plaza.
- Monitoring Lease expiry status and assisting Premises Officer in lease renewals for Reinsurance Plaza Kisumu in the Property Management Module
- Any other duties assigned by management.
- Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Land Economics / Real Estate Management or its equivalent from a recognized University.
- They should have a professional certificate in relevant fields such as Property Valuation and Property Management and hold membership from the Institute of Surveyors of Kenya or other relevant professional bodies.
- The applicant should have two to three years of relevant working experience, with Proficiency in IT, leadership skills, Interpersonal Skills, Communication Skills and Integrity
ACTUARIAL ASSISTANT- KRC/HR/2022/03
The Actuarial Assistant will ensure that the Reinsurer has an effective actuarial function capable of evaluating and providing advice to the Reinsurer regarding capital adequacy, technical provisions, premiums levels, pricing activities as well as compliance with related statutory and regulatory requirements. The actuarial function shall be required to evaluate and provide advice on the Reinsurer’s actuarial and financial risks, the Reinsurer’s investment portfolios and the valuation of assets, the insurer’s solvency position, including adequacy of capital for business and regulatory purposes as well as liability and loss provisions.
- Responsible for providing ongoing technical and analytical support to Reinsurance business
- Responsible for actuarial and risk analysis used to develop pricing for new and existing products in line with management’s and company’s objectives.
- Initiate, organize and manage Actuarial/ underwriting projects.
- Gather and prepare analysis based on information from internal and external sources.
- Utilize knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, principles of finance and business to problems in insurance.
- Research on functional issues using a variety of resources. Develop/ prepare reports and assist in the development of new/revised policies/ guidelines.
- Interpret Government regulations and internal policies, participate in preparation of documentation related to government filings/licensing.
- Prepare recommendations based on data summaries, trend analysis, financial analysis and business analysis.
- Analyze data, construct probability tables to forecast risk and liability to assist in decision making.
- Ascertain premium rates and accurate cash revenues to assist in accurate decision making.
- Participate in cross- functional teams to develop and enhance systems/ processes/programs/policies to support business needs.
- End to end reserving of several risk classes, Political, Property, Life, WIBA etc
- Support quarterly reserve reviews
- Perform quarterly reserve reviews
- External stakeholder management (Regulators, Rating agencies, Auditors)
- Internal stakeholder management (claims, finance, underwriting etc)
- Transfer of reserving models to IFRS 17
- Preparation of Board papers and follow up of Board directives
- Other roles in pricing, capital calculation and special projects
- Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics or its equivalent.
- They should be holders of a minimum of seven (7) actuarial papers from the Institute and Faculties of Actuaries (IFOA).
- Applicants should have two to three years working experience in an actuarial office.
- In addition, they should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good organization and management skills, advanced skills in mathematics and statistics. They should be team players and hold membership of a recognized professional actuarial body.
Applicants should indicate on the CV their current/last salary and whether they are persons living with disability. They should post or email as attachments their CV and cover letter quoting the relevant Job Ref No. outlining how they meet requirements for the position to:-
The Human Resource Manager
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited
P. O Box 30271, 00100 GPO
Closing Date: 19th April 2022.