Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Media jobs, Communications jobs, Public Relations jobs, Marketing jobs,
Communications Intern, SIB – K Project
About the Kenya Plastics Pact (KPP)
The Kenya Plastics Pact (KPP) is a neutral platform of industry-led innovation to rethink how we design, use and reuse plastics, and implement locally tailored solutions towards a circular economy for plastics in Kenya. The KPP brings together critical stakeholders in the plastics value chain – businesses, governments, and NGOs – behind a shared vision of addressing today’s plastic waste and pollution issues. The overarching objective of the KPP will be to support the government and industry to deliver a circular economy for plastics, ensuring the implementation of solutions relevant to the Kenyan context. The following goals are identified for
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
The Kenya Plastics Pact to achieve the stated vision and overarching objective:
- To create a platform to convene stakeholders in the plastics value chain, to support cross-
- sector collaboration and achieve improved environmental and societal outcomes;
- To stimulate a circular plastics economy in Kenya and;
- To unlock socio-economic opportunities in the plastic waste sector.
- To deliver the pact targets, eliminate unnecessary or problematic single-use plastic packaging,100% of plastic packaging is reusable or recyclable, 40% of plastic packaging is effectively recycled, and 15% average recycled content across all plastic packaging.
About Sustainable Inclusive Business SIB-K
The Sustainable Inclusive Business Kenya (SIB-K), a knowledge center under the Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA), was started to respond to the private sector’s need to increase its positive impact on people, the planet, and the reduction of carbon footprint. The main objective is to maximize shareholder value, emphasizing the bottom line (profit). Nonetheless, the adoption of an integrated approach incorporates the interests of stakeholders and includes finding a balance between people, the environment (planet), and profits. This presents an opportunity to create a competitive advantage.
The integrated approach combines people, the planet, and profit as the core of doing business. The concept is fairly new and largely applied by multinationals. SIB-K, therefore, aims to increase awareness and increase the adoption of sustainable business models. Sustainable Inclusive Business works with the private sector, Non-governmental Organisations (NGOs), and civil society. We champion a mind shift from contemporary CSR practices to creating innovative business solutions which contribute to sustainability and inclusion of women, youth, persons with disabilities, and people at the Bottom of the Pyramid (BoP), in business value chains and the reduction of negative impact on the planet. Our focus on sustainability informs the focus areas: circular economy, climate change, people power, and redefining business values.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Applicants must at the time of application meet the following requirements:
- Graduate with a university degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, digital media, or a development-related field.
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications a plus
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is desired.
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact and work with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Genuinely values others’ ideas and input is willing to learn from others, and shares their own knowledge and expertise.
- Have a keen interest in the work of KEPSA and its projects and have a personal interest in sustainability, inclusivity, and climate change issues.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
Key responsibilitiesKEPSA seeks to engage a communications intern who will support in the following areas:
- Create communication action plan/calendar and curate content and prepare posts/articles/SM campaigns around all projects continuously
- Work with project leads to document the impact story for ongoing and previous projects.
- Support in writing articles for publishing on sustainability, circular economy, people power, and redefining business values.
- Conduct research on best practices in the plastics sector and document case studies to trigger the adoption of sustainable business practices amongst the pact’s members.
- Provide support in the planning and coordination of events.
- Assist with press releases and media outreach, especially during events.
- Participate in internal meetings, and if necessary, assist in preparing minutes.
- General administrative and communications support as assigned.
- Develop project fact sheets and concept notes
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communications
- Review and edit project documents, and reports and provide input for improvements.
Covering six months with a possibility of extension.
The intern will report to the Program Manager and will work closely with the KEPSA teams in the various departments as assigned.
English and Swahili are the working languages of the Kenya Private Sector Alliance. For this
internship, fluency in oral and written English is a requirement.