Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Administration jobs, Business Management jobs, Actuarial Science jobs, Accounting jobs, Finance jobs, Strategic Management jobs, KPMG jobs,
Deputy Director, Financial Planning And Reporting
To assist the Director, Finance in managing and providing leadership in financial planning (budgets), financial accounting and reporting as well as the accounting for Branch functions at the Bank in order to achieve the planning and reporting strategic objectives and mandates of the Finance Department in the Bank.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
A. Strategic Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Financial Planning and Reporting section including planning, budgeting and monitoring.
- Oversee the preparation of timely and accurate management reports to facilitate performance monitoring of business trend and profitability.
- Offer strategic leadership to the Finance teams in operationalizing the mandate of Finance department in the Bank.
- Knowledge of prevailing accounting standards, existing legislation and regulations.
Technical and Operational Responsibilities
- Provide leadership on the preparation of budgets, coordination of the budgets process, monthly tracking of performance, continuous tracking of budget versus actuals as well as reforecasting in accordance with the Bank’s strategic plan, policies, guidelines and laws.
- Lead in preparation and coordination of the statutory audit of the annual financial statements and proactively implement resolutions for all audit findings.
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of financial accounting standards and policies.
- Ensuring Management and Board reports are promptly prepared and submitted in time as well as delivering related presentations.
- Ensure a robust controls environment is in place and deliver timely, accurate and full reconciliations of aged and open items in the General Ledgers.
- Optimise the capabilities of the ERP and other systems in use in order to improve financial reporting, service delivery and ensure effective use of data, trend analysis and reports to inform planning, reporting and decision making.
- Ensure Management Accounts are produced in time, reviewed and approved/cleared by senior management.
- Proactively identify and document business risks and put in place mitigating measures to minimise the impact on crystallizations of risks.
- Oversight the development of prudent and sustainable resource allocation methodologies.
- Ensuring service delivery by the financial planning and reporting division under the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Service Charter.
- Monitoring, planning, budgeting and reporting of the division’s team’s performance and activities.
- Lead, manage and effectively coach the team to deliver on the Division’s and Department’s SLA requirements.
- Provide support to the Director, Finance in operationalising the mandate of the Finance Department and provide technical support in budgeting and financial reporting matters.
- Providing technical and innovative support to the Head of Department in matters budgets and financial reporting and provide ad hoc performance reporting and analytics for various requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline from a reputable institution.
- A Master’s degree in Finance/Strategy from a reputable institution will be an added advantage.
- A professional accounting qualification e.g. CPA, ACCA or equivalent. d. Membership in a relevant professional accounting body.
- Ten (10) years post qualification experience in financial management with a minimum of five (5) years in Senior Management in a high performing in a high performing, fast paced and progressive organisation with similar scale and/or complexity.
- Experience in reporting at various levels i.e. Board and Senior Management level.
Chief Executive Officer
Summary of responsibilities:
The key responsibilities of the Chief Executive Officer will be:
- Ensure effective linkage between of the Board of Directors and the Bank and vice versa.
- To act as the Senior Officer of the Bank for Business Management, Legal and Regulatory requirements in Uganda and ensure compliance of the Bank to all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that prudent financial management and investment undertakings are made in such a manner that the medium-term and long-term viability is safeguarded through generating revenue, growth of market share and profitability of the Bank.
- Managing the capital position of the Bank in liaison with the Chief Finance Officer and ensuring that adequate capital is deployed at all times.
- To control, approve and monitor expenditure against approved budgets.
- Promoting employee satisfaction and engagement index through effective management of human resources for optimal productivity.
- Representing the Bank’s strategy and plans to main stakeholders.
- Pro-actively managing relationships with the press, Government and regulatory authorities to avoid reputational distress.
- To be in liaison with the Country Head of Risk Management and Group Head of Risk Management to control and mitigate any reputational issues that may arise.
- Where necessary, review and arbitrate resource conflicts that may arise between functional lines in order to optimize the Bank’s results.
- Implementing and overseeing change and capability development programs at all levels in the Bank.
- Leading the Senior Management Team within the Country and support in developing them into a high performing and engaged workforce.
- Monitoring and managing the performance of the Senior Management Team through motivating, mentoring, coaching and training them accordingly.
Ideal Job Specifications
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Related Field. Professional training.
- Professional Banking course.
- CPA, ACCA, CFA
Desired work experience:
- Seasoned Banker with over 15 years’ experience in senior management roles in a large, preferably regional commercial bank, managing diverse teams, with a proven ability to plan, develop and implement complex strategic goals and initiatives that require the effective management of resources over short and long time frames.
- Strong Business Development and brand enhancement skills
- Excellent stakeholder, people leadership, decision making and management skills
- Ability to manage diverse teams, influence change in others and cause positive outcomes.
- Demonstrated local and regional market knowledge and an understanding of the operating environment.
Pension Administrator, CBK Pension Fund (Defined Benefits Scheme)
- Provide leadership and oversight in the Fund’s obligations and interactions with the Board of Trustees, the Sponsor, regulatory bodies, service providers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide oversight in the accounts and investments management, benefits and records management, property management and general administrative management of the Fund.
- Actively participate in the development, implementation and execution of strategic objectives, goals and initiatives in support of the Fund’s strategy.
- Timely implementation and/or update of the Board Charter and other Fund policies. e. Compliance with all prevailing legislation (laws, rules and regulations).
- Risk Management (financial, investment, data and property risk) mitigation and ensure Contingency and Business Continuity Plans execution.
- Provide leadership to the teams in the scheme to enable delivery of the Fund’s mandate through performance measurements and appraisals.
Technical and Operational Responsibilities
- Provide leadership on the Fund’s operations entailing benefits and records management, member payments processes, tax management, and financial management and regulatory reporting.
- Coordination of member engagements through Annual General Meetings, member drives and other member communication modes.
- Development, implementation and review of information systems
- Preparing necessary Fund documents for the Board, Committees and service providers including financial statements
- Ensure a robust controls environment to eliminate and or mitigate risks, enhance compliance with legal, statutory and company policies/ requirements and ensure relevant business continuity plans are in place.
- Develop measures towards customer satisfaction.
- Oversight of the property management activities for the Fund’s properties such as rent collection, debtor management and overall maintenance.
- Oversight of the payment of benefits to members and dependents
- Providing professional opinion to the Trustees when required
- Management of the Funds operational activities such as procurement of goods contracts and services, training of staff and Trustees, implementation of performance measurements and appraisals
- Others – As per the Pension Administrator’s Service Level Agreement
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Actuarial Science, Commerce, Finance, Strategic Management or related discipline from a reputable institution.
- Professional qualification(s) in accounting e.g. CPA, ACCA or equivalent and a member of relevant professional bodies
- Training in Pensions/Fund Administration and other relevant certifications will be an added advantage.
- Ten (10) years’ post qualification experience with at least three (3) years at Senior Management level in an organisation with similar scale and/or complexity.
- A minimum of three (3) years management experience in Pension Funds administration and management.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge in accounting, investments management, financial valuation and fund management processes.
Method of Application
If your experience matches these exciting opportunities, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before. Only applications submitted through the email address provided will be considered.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted*