Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Mastercard Foundation Jobs, Systems & Cloud Administrator Jobs
Systems & Cloud Administrator
ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
- Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based in Toronto, Canada with several offices in Africa. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
- The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
- Values are timeless, they transcend and rise above all. They guide everything we do, as employees of the Foundation. We share a common vision of a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. We make mistakes, we reflect, and we grow so that we can impact our world – it’s why we are here. We are ambitious and driven. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
- We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. If you are an experienced Information Technology professional ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
- Reporting to the Technology Lead, the Systems & Cloud Administrator will play a critical role on the infrastructure team responsible for implementing and maintaining on premises and cloud-based systems.
- This individual will serve as a business partner to various functional areas of the Foundation and support the goals of departments through exceptional technology support. They will have the opportunity to influence network and infrastructure decisions related to the overall IT roadmap. They will also coordinate projects from planning to implementation phases with minimal supervision.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Responsible to provide 2nd and 3rd level technical support for staff (network connectivity, Office 365, conference rooms, printers, screens, phones, etc.).
- Support the design, implementation and maintain Microsoft Windows server infrastructure hosted virtually on VMWare ESX hosts and Microsoft Azure and Foundation SaaS solutions including but not limited to Intune and O365.
- Support the design, implementation and maintain technology related security systems – patching, antimalware, antispam etc.
- Work closely with the Technology Lead to implement proactive approaches to monitoring and reporting on Systems and Cloud services that maximize uptime, reliability and visibility.
- Build and manage relationships with internal stakeholders to understand and anticipate issues, influence technology adoption, monitor staff satisfaction levels, and address issues and concerns.
- Remain current with trends, new developments and issues in the IT industry including innovation, current technologies, compliance, cyber risks and software, hardware and licensing costs.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in IT related fields.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role with advanced network, cloud and/or systems related vendor certifications.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of enterprise systems and cloud expertise – Azure, MS Servers, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, InTune, O365 and enterprise security applications coupled with a high ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- In-depth working experience with performance and status monitoring systems and protocols – SNMP, WMI, Netflow.
- Advanced knowledge utilizing administrative scripting languages – PowerShell.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili. French an asset.
- Comprehensive understanding of networking and related infrastructure.
- Exceptional analytic and troubleshooting skills for solving problems.
- Understands how emerging technologies and service providers can be utilized to improve existing systems and/or increase operational efficiency.
- Intellectually curious and flexible, is comfortable with ambiguity, receptive to new ideas and open to change, when presented with best options.
- Is results driven and motivated by a sense of performance excellence and a sense of urgency; possesses a proactive and ‘self-starter’ mentality.
- Demonstrates strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills in complex environments with an aptitude for diplomacy.
- Possesses a global mind-set and professional maturity and demonstrates sensitivity to working within different cultures.
- A team player who can work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time
How To Apply
- Closing date for applications is August 14, 2020.
- The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
- Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks, and proof of education are essential conditions of employment.
- Click here to Apply
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview