Health Care Jobs, Dental Jobs, New Jobs,
Reporting to Head of Accident & Emergency and OPCs, the successful applicants will be responsible for planning, simulating, and carrying out dosimetry for the hospital’s patients to ensure quality treatment in line with established protocols and the Hospital’s patient care objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out patients’ dental examinations using dental instruments and other diagnostic equipment to evaluate the condition of patients and advise on appropriate treatment plan.
- Carry out dental procedures including surgical, restoration, restorative as relates to the diagnosis in order to restore patients’ dental health.
- Conduct regular reviews for continuing patients in order to monitor their progress.
- Provide advice to patients on preventive dental care, causes and treatment of dental problems and oral health care.
- Provide advice on the appropriate design and specifications of equipment for procurement by the Hospital in order to ensure the equipment is fit for purpose.
- Ensure proper use of dental materials and equipment and monitor the functionality of the equipment to ensure seamless provision of dental services.
- Document and record all processes for ease of reference and decision-making purposes.
- Book patients and attend to emergency patients in the clinic; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science degree in Dental Surgery from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council and hold a valid practicing licence.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Ability to review and manage dental patients
- Knowledge and ability to classify dental diseases
- Ability to conduct dental procedures
- Ability to operate dental instruments and diagnostic equipment
- Ability to work for long hours under pressure
- Drive and openness to learning
- Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Patient care skills
- Basic counselling skills
- Effective decision making and judgement skills
- Research skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organising skills
- Communication skills Team working skills
Method of Application
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 30th September, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks post application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that The Nairobi Hospital does not charge any fees from applicants at any stage, nor has it engaged a third party to facilitate this hire.
All communications to successful candidates will be done using official contacts as listen on our website.
The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Human Resources Manager
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100