Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
The Nakuru County Public Service Board invites applications from
competent and qualified persons to fill various positions in the Department
of Finance and Economic Planning as per the Constitution of Kenya 2010,
Article 235 and the County Governments Act 2012, Section 59.
ECONOMISTS II / STATICIAN II – FIFTEEN (15) POSITIONS – Vacancy No. 01/2020/24
- Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.34, 260 – Ksh. 44,750 p.m (Job Group ‘K’)
- Allowances as per the SRC circulars attached to the position.
- Terms of service: Three (3) years renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
In the Economist II cadre, duties and responsibilities at this level will
- Providing economic planning data,
- Economic analysis,
- Formulation of development strategies,
- Identification, preparation and evaluation of development projects and programs and monitoring of their implementation;
- Conducting feasibility studies, determining project viability and setting project priorities;
- Collection, collation and analysis of data relating to production and marketing of agricultural/industrial products.
- Computerization and analysis of data,
- Writing and submitting reports on specific assignments,
- Control and supervision of technical and other supporting staff.
In the Statistician II cadre, duties and responsibilities at this level will
- Management of a specific economic sector or an area of statistical activity;
- Drawing survey questionnaires and setting up control procedures for receiving returns and taking the necessary action;
- Collection, collation, computerization and analysis of data;
- Writing and submitting reports on specific assignments; and,
- Offering direction to and supervision of technical and other supporting staff.
For appointment to the position of Economist II/ Statistician II,
candidates must be in possession of:
- A minimum of an upper Second class Honors degree in Economics or Economics and Mathematics, or Economics and statistics from a recognized University/ institution; or
- A minimum of an upper second class Honors in any of the subjects enumerated at (i) above with a bias towards Computer Science, Operations Research, Survey Techniques and Demographic Techniques from a recognized University/institution;
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2020 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
- A minimum of an upper Second Class Honors degree in Statistics with appropriate specialization from a recognized University/ Institution; or
- A postgraduate Bachelor of philosophy degree in Economics from any recognized institution of higher learning or a post graduate diploma or Masters degree in subjects enumerated at (i) – (iii) above.
How to Apply
- Each application should be accompanied by a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates/Registration licenses, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials and other relevant documents. Nakuru County residents will be required to indicate their sub-county and ward of residence in the Curriculum Vitae.
Each application should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the
POSITION APPLIED FOR CLEARLY MARKED ON THE LEFT SIDE OF
THE ENVELOPE and addressed to:
NAKURU COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P. O BOX 2870-00200,
- Applications can be submitted either through post or hand delivered to our offices at the Provincial Public Works Building, off the Nakuru – Kabarak Road along prisons road – Nakuru. All applications should be submitted on or before 18th March, 2020 by 5.00pm.
- County Government of Nakuru is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, Women and Persons Living with Disabilities, Marginalized and Minority communities are encouraged to apply. Canvasing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The shortlisted candidates will be required to provide copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions as per the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) for graduates only
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Approved Credit Reference Bureau-CRB
- Note: Holders of degrees from Foreign Universities will require clearance from the Commission for University Education.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview