Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
National Communications Secretariat Jobs, Internal Auditor Jobs, communications Radio Technology Expert Jobs
- The National Communications Secretariat, created under section 84 of the Kenya Information and Communications Act 1998, is the policy advisory body to the Government of Kenya on all matters pertaining to the ICT sector through the Ministry of ICT, Innovation and Youth Affairs.
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified Kenyans for the positions of COMMUNICATIONS RADIO TECHNOLOGY EXPERT and INTERNAL AUDITOR in the Secretariat.
COMMUNICATIONS RADIO TECHNOLOGY EXPERT
- This function is expected to advise on the adoption of Radio communication policies including regulations, guidelines and other official National Government instruments which:- promote the benefits of technological development to all users of ICTs; foster national safety and security, economic prosperity and the delivery of critical social services through ICT; facilitate and contribute to the full development of competition and efficiency in the provision of services both within and outside Kenya; and foster full and efficient use of ICT resources including effective use of the radio frequency spectrum by the Government in a manner which encourages the most beneficial use thereof in the public interest.
- The Communications Radio Technology Expert is responsible to the Communications Secretary for research, analysis and formulation of broadcasting and radio communication (spectrum planning and management) policies.
- Research, analysis, formulation and drafting of radio communications policies through use of best practices during deliberations of ITU Radio Communication Sector (ITU-R) nationally, regionally and globally.
- Contribution and presentation of best practice research during the National Preparatory Committees of the World Radio Communications Conferences
- Providing policy and/or technical advice on the Broadcasting sector.
- Providing advice and updating country papers on Radio Frequency
- Coordinating participation of Kenya in technical international radio spectrum management and radio communication (e.g. International Telecommunication Union meetings).
- Interfacing with other National, Regional and International bodies on ICT policy and
- Participate in ITU’s Radio Communication Bureau
- Attend and represent the Secretariat/Ministry at meetings organized by the International Telecommunications Union (ITU), African Telecommunications Union (ATU) and other bodies dealing with telecommunications and radio frequency
- Researching and analyzing radiofrequency spectrum communication
- Leading on advisories and related drafts on Multimedia
- Leading stakeholder engagement in radio communication, broadcasting and media.
- Representing the Communications Secretary when called upon.
- Working with other experts to ensure the Secretariat delivers on its
Qualification, Knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic (Telecommunications & Microwaves options), or its equivalent in a related field from a recognized tertiary institution in Kenya and or an internationally accredited University.
- At least 8 years’ relevant experience with three (3) at a directly subordinate
- Knowledge of Public policy formulation that involves ability to articulate, interpret and implement National and International policies development goals
- In addition, any of the below would be an added advantage:
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
a) Corporate Member Engineers Registration Board (R. Eng)
b) Corporate Member of the Institute of Engineers of Kenya (MIEK)
c) Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized
- The purpose of the role is to supervise and ensure efficient coordination and control of operations in the Secretariat by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes in line with relevant Acts, Regulations and Policies
- Coordinate and control audit programs and activities in the
- Supervise follow up of raised audit issues with management for action of audit recommendations
- Ensure Secretariat assets are safe guarded and properly utilized
- Prepare Internal Audit Annual Work Plan and monitor its implementation
- Determine adequacy and effectiveness of internal control systems
- Liaise with external auditors on statutory audits
- Carry out investigations on irregularities identified or reported in audit reports
- Supervise and review financial records of the Secretariat to ensure they are in compliance with the relevant ac- counting principles
Qualification, Knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s degree in accounting or a related field from an institution recognized in K
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field from an institution recognized in K
- Eight (8) cumulative years of relevant experience at senior level
- Certified Public Accountant – CPA(K) or its equivalent from a recognized institution is mandatory.
- Member of a relevant professional body g. ICPAK, ACCA, IIA, ISACA.
- Knowledge of The Public Finance Management Act and
In addition, any of the below would be an added advantage:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE),
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP)
- AVAILABILITY: IMMEDIATE
- DURATION: THREE YEARS (PERFORMANCE BASED RENEWABLE CONTRACT)
- DUTY STATION: NAIROBI
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30TH JUNE 2020
How To Apply
- Interested applicants who meet the below requirements can email their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit to:
- Applications must include a cover letter stating how the applicant meets required specifications and a detailed CV including work experience and three professional referees with complete and current contact information.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit the following among other documents; Police Clearance Certificate, from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
- NCS values diversity therefore Special Interest Groups including youth, women, Persons with Disability (PWD) and Minority & Marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Website: www.ncs.go.ke
- Twitter: @ncs_kenya
National Communications Secretariat
PO. Box 10756 – 00100
NAIROBI TRANSCOM House
9TH Floor –Room 14
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview