Reproductive Health Officer (Re-advertisement)
The Reproductive Health Specialist will be responsible for ensuring all reproductive health cases are properly diagnosed, and treated/referred. They will also be responsible for managing the clinic to ensure growth.
- Conduct comprehensive reproductive health assessments, including medical and sexual history, contraceptive counseling, and STI testing.
- Provide awide range of reproductive health services, including contraception management, preconception counseling, and pregnancy options counseling.
- Coordinate with Penda Health teams to create and implement reproductive health education and promotion programs.
- Perform routine gynecological exams and screenings, including Pap tests, breast exams, and pelvic exams.
- Provide support and counseling to patients facing infertility, pregnancy loss, or other reproductive health challenges
- Maintain detailed and accurate patient records, and comply with all relevant legal and ethical standards related to Clinical documentation, patient confidentiality and privacy at Penda Health
- Collaborate with other healthcare providers, to provide coordinated care to patients and ensure continuity of care.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest research and best practices in reproductive health, and participate in ongoing training and professional development activities
- At least 1 year post training experience in Reproductive Health
- A Higher National Diploma in Reproductive Health, Comprehensive Reproductive Health or its equivalent.
- A Basic Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery or Bachelor of Clinical medicine and Surgery
- Strong knowledge and experience in contraception, STI screening and treatment, fertility treatment among other outpatient Reproductive Health procedures
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision
This is a key clinical position that will provide a critical impact on our ability to provide comprehensive primary care to our patients. We are looking for individuals who can ensure an outstanding patient experience while providing the highest quality Pharmacy services.
- Receive and process prescriptions from healthcare professionals, ensuring adherence to Penda policies while dispensing medications to patients.
- Maintain vigilance over drug storage conditions by recording fridge and room temperatures. Regularly monitor pharmaceutical expiry dates and manage general supplies accordingly.
- Implement strict protocols for the maintenance and documentation of DDA (Dangerous Drugs Act) regulated medications.
- Conduct monthly stock takes in alignment with policy guidelines. Keep record and manage all drug stocks received from the central store, those issued to clients, and remaining stocks.
- Collaborate with clinical officers to ensure the safe, economical, and rational use of drugs and pharmaceutical products.
- Strive to exceed patient expectations by going above and beyond to meet their needs while maintaining the highest standards of patient dignity and experience.
Key requirements and attributes
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized medical training institution.
- Be registered with the pharmacy and poisons board of Kenya.
- Have a valid Practicing license
- Proficiency in computer application skills
- Minimum of two (2) years experience preferably in a busy hospital setup.
- Great team player who is able to collaborate with other team members to offer the best outcomes to the patient.
- Have a valid BLS Certificate
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Strong commitment to care of patients and great customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English & Kiswahili.
Nursing Officer at Penda ensures the best quality of service and excellent patient experience through standardized patient triaging, management of emergencies, best MCH/FP services as well as other out-patient procedures.
- Provide comprehensive and high-quality clinical services. This includes initial assessment of patients, triaging, MCH/FP and nursing procedures as well as administering IV or IM medications using nursing best practice.
- Ensure the Medical Centre is always ready and well stocked with supplies and equipment, including well-packed clean and sterile items to attend to general and emergency cases.
- Be an Infection Prevention and Control Champion by implementing IPC best practices and Penda Health’s IPC protocols
- Accurately and comprehensively record patient data in Penda’s electronic medical record in real-time.
- Complete the necessary MoH reporting requirements and ensure timely and accurate submission.
- Provide quality patient education and excellent patient experience to all clients.
- Embrace, learn and develop in an evidence-based medical system in line with Penda’s developed protocols.
- Participate in continuous professional development to stay current with advances in medical practices and technology.
- Work with the nurse officer in-charge and/or branch manager to identify areas for process improvement and implementation of best practices (continuous improvement) to enhance overall clinical/nursing operations.
- You may be assigned additional tasks within the medical center by the branch manager or nursing officer in-charge.
- Be a great teammate and go above and beyond by actually making sure your teammates love their work. Work well with other colleagues and go above and beyond what is expected from you.
- Adhere to all ethical and legal standards of healthcare delivery.
Key requirements and attributes
- Diploma in Nursing – KRCHN holding a valid practicing license from NCK.
- Valid BLS certification is mandatory, ACLS is an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a busy Healthcare Facility
- Demonstrated experience in MCH/FP
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills, outstanding patient interaction skills.
- Strong demonstrated ability to use electronic health records and digital health tools.