Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Electrical and Electronics Engineering jobs,Finance jobs,Accounting jobs, Business Administration jobs,Engineering jobs,Computer Science jobs,IT jobs,
Financial Modelling & Transaction Analyst
- Develop financial models of opportunities, conduct sensitivity analysis and produce key financial ratios and reports that result in day-to-day transaction support
- Evaluate new business proposals and participate in the performance of complex analysis of new business opportunities
- Identify financial risks and recommend courses of action.
- Lead structuring and negotiation of deals to achieve final deal closure.
- Work in collaboration with corporate teams such as treasury and financial controllers to achieve desired results.
- Prepare investment appraisals using various financial analysis techniques
- Conduct scenario and sensitivity analysis with the intent to support investment activities.
- Drafting of investor presentations regarding transaction terms
- Building financial models using historical data and providing forecasts based on various industry-related operating metrics.
- Identifying the key financial and non-financial risks, recommending actions for mitigation of those risks.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business (Finance or Accounting)
- At least 7 years of work experience in valuation, transactions and modelling.
- An add value CFA/CPA
- Experience and expertise/Mastery of Excel required
- knowledge of Basic Accounting Concepts
- Ability to solve Problems with financial models
- Strong background in financial models, valuation and project financing options and bankability
Senior Manager – New Markets
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
- Develop, plan, implement and take accountability for the strategy and operating model for the new market
- In collaboration with Safaricom’s senior leadership team determine and implement the best go-to-market business strategy
- Operate as an intermediary between the Safaricom and the new market/subsidiary
- Support launch activities such as Bid submission commitments and operating license requirement
- Coordinate the stakeholder’s meetings including the development of consortium agreements
- Manage the selection process for potential new partners for entry into the geographies and determine priority expansion targets
- Create a matrix of criteria to select potential new market locations to determine the partners to prioritize in the new market
- Prepare high quality proposals, reports to support stakeholder engagement and decisions
- Responsible for building strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and implementation of frameworks from Safaricom to the new market/subsidiary
- Escalation of key risks and proposed mitigations
- Bachelors’ degree Business Administration or management
- You have at least 7 years’ experience working in business and strategic execution management
- Experience in new market development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent at internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Experience with new business development and partnership development
- Ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success.
- Experience from project managing, rolling out, leading or coordinating program operations
- Own the creation, execution and successful delivery of the Innovation Product and solutions, which includes managing the full product lifecycle from ideation to commercialization
- Develop, implement and manage the application of Safaricom’s innovation framework
- Lead the development of new products and/or solutions that meet customers’ needs and ensure the Safaricom’s continued growth.
- Understand and analyze customer needs. And then lead teams to solve for specific customer & business needs using cutting edge innovations that result in critical business outcomes
- Initiate and prioritize projects within squads in partnership with relevant tribes and stakeholders.
- Engage closely with the technology tribes and teams to help determine the best technical implementation methods and with reasonable execution schedules;
- Manage squads with designers, architects, programmers, engineers and other professionals
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated managerial skills;
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Business and/or related technical area or equivalent practical experience;
- 10-15 years of work experience
- 7 years of proven track record of leadership roles ideally in the entrepreneurial space;
- International experience;
- Distinct analytical and systematic thinking;
- Design methodology skills and
- Strong Project Management skills. Experience in Agile ways of working
Head Venture Management
- Develop and implement investment policies, processes and procedures for Safaricom’s fund investments.
- In partnership with investment leaders, tribe leaders and/or product owners develop objectives for the key investments
- Define and manage the governance, plans and structure of the Portfolio to ensure portfolios and projects deliver the objectives of the business and value to Safaricom
- Monitor the performance of the portfolio/investments and drive the delivery to ensure that investments are meeting their objectives and achieving maximum value for money
- Prepare strategic reports and investment briefs, illustrating executive reports illustrating, economic trends, market trends and Safaricom’s’ investments performance to drive decision making
- Enhances stakeholder engagement and relationships with Safaricom’s investee companies to ensure effective deployment of capital to achieve intended development impact result
- BS/MS in Business Finance
- Licensed with Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA);
- Must be well versed in the existing financial tools.
- Certified Chartered Financial Analyst /CPK
- 10-15 years of work experience
- Strong Portfolio Management skills
- 7 years of proven track record of leadership roles ideally in the entrepreneurial space.
- Distinct analytical and systematic thinking.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated managerial skills
- Experience in Agile ways of working
Technology Enablement Lead
- Provide strategic leadership for the Group Finance Digital Transformation Mission & Roadmap.
- Drive Digital Maturity of Group Finance Processes to support business in meeting its objectives.
- Ensure robust Financial Systems Processes Governance & Control.
- Provide Finance Projects leadership.
- Lead design, analysis and re-engineering of Group Financial Processes.
- Providing lead functional support across Oracle EBS R12 modules, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Systems.
- Lead the journey of process excellence (Lean Six Sigma) and strategic business improvement projects.
- Partner with Finance and Technical leads while acting as an SME to stakeholders in identifying and prioritizing improvement projects.
- Drive the Group’s master data management policies to support sound Financial transactions flow & reporting.
- Lead expansion of ERP footprint across existing & new operating units.
- Lead in the adoption and incorporation of smart digitization technologies in the process supported. E.g. RPA, Dashboards and Machine Learning and so on.
- Oversee system month end closure is seamless to ensure seamless Financial close.
- Drive documentation of standard E2E system processes.
- Drive delivery of strategy in the Finance Roadmap Projects ensuring adherence to project timelines, budgets, standard implementations.
- Represent Finance in key projects and ensure financial requirements are met across financial systems.
- Formulate training plans for teams in Finance on current system operations and planned system improvements.
- Lead in techno-functional support of teams primarily within Finance Division and other sections of the business.
- Facilitate the availability of all required financial statements for reporting purposes through enhancement of processes & IT systems for review by management on a timely basis.
- Organize regular and relevant training content around Financial Systems aimed at enhancing the skill of staff already using the various modules in these systems.
- Perform quarterly control assessments on financial systems around user access, master data management & other critical financial transactions to ensure controls put in place are enforced
- Perform quarterly reviews on system logs generated for critical and sensitive financial transactions i.e. integrations with bank, dealer transactions, master data changes
- University degree from a recognized university. A Degree Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance, Accounting or other IT & business-related fields is mandatory.
- Experience in managing projects is required. Project management certification is critical.
- Six Sigma Certification with Quality improvement and Lean Deployment background.
- Over 8 years relevant Functional & Technical Financial Systems management experience in a busy environment.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams in delivery of financial solutions for the business.
- Professional qualification in accounting e.g., CPA, ACCA, CIMA will be an added advantage.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in implementing solutions that leverage leading technologies like RPA, Data Visualization, Machine Learning. Also, competencies in SQL and/or experience in any scripting or programming language.
Cost Analyst/Manager – Opex Management and Consolidation
- Definition of the cost drivers and updating of the same.
- Leading proactive budget management processes including preparing regular budget utilization reports
- Benchmarking key cost/opex metrics and driving achievements of cost KPIs
- Identification of cost saving and optimization opportunities and driving awareness of cost drivers’ within the FBP community
- Leading budgeting cycles including defining standard templates, creating awareness of drivers and adoption of driver based budgeting, providing first level review of divisions submissions and consolidation of the divisions submissions to provide a full company view.
- Review the inputs from all the departments for reasonableness in line with known or predictable business and overall company strategy. Agree with the departmental heads
- Analysis and reporting of the budgeting rolling forecast on a weekly, monthly and ad hoc basis to meet business needs
- Closely working with the respective departmental representatives & guiding them through the budgeting process
Cost Tracking & Management
- Drive the receipting process through the departments by confirming the oracle reports bi-monthly and engaging departments based on receipting status
- Manage system budget locks ensuring that spend is within budget
- Embed tracking of costs at GL, divisional and cost classification level.
- Monthly monitoring of the business usage cost to ensure that all the provisions are adhered to by all the departments.
- Determining of the monthly saving/deficit on each of the departmental Opex budget and ensure communication done at all levels in liaison with Heads of Department and FBPs
- Engage teams in developing the storyline for the implementation and achievement of business strategy as relates to Opex management
- Cleanup of the departmental business usage to ensure correct cost capture for the departments
Month end reporting
- Oversee month close process from an FBP perspective, ensuring liaison with FBPs and Financial Operations to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Facilitating budget locks where necessary
- Engage departmental representatives on cost drivers, cost optimization and productivity initiatives
- Prepare and communicate Opex course correction summaries and initiatives to provide a full company view.
Planning and forecasting
- Budget and Rolling forecast – update the Overhead input model with inputs from the Finance Business Partners. Liaise with Financial Planning and Analysis Team on submission of the forecasts and address comments arising.
- Track performance of budget/rolling forecast against previous RF and Preparation of Opex dashboard for target tracking by the FBPs
- Weekly and monthly variance analysis of Budget vs target (overspend flagging)
- Identifying and tracking cost correction measures and engaging stakeholders on the same.
- Tracking and reporting on Project Kipchoge cost savings
- Preparation of Opex loading file based on submissions from FBPs and load to Oracle
- Consolidating Budget Opex commentary
- Managers and Senior Managers – Finance Business Partnering
- Heads of Departments (2) Finance Business Partnering
- Financial Planning & Analysis Team
- Financial Operations Team
- Experience in data, operational and financial analysis
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of accounting processes and software
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong business acumen
- Great attention to detail
- Good communication aptitude
- Ability to build strong business relationships
- Share commercial & technical insights at cluster level.
- Deliver cluster level network NPS, CA target, CSSR, CDR, MOS, Dl & UL throughput targets and managing customer complaints.
- Manage and coordinate physical optimization of 2G/3G/4g/5G infrastructure.
- Ensure soft Parameter testing & alignment, feature test & deployment, neighbor management and best practice documentation.
- Analyze statistical KPI trends, DT analysis and carry out remedial actions to resolve emerging quality issues.
- Trigger replan of 2G/3G/4G/5G technologies in accordance with the agreed capacity, quality and coverage indicators.
- Continuous Monitoring of cluster level statistical and Benchmark drive test KPI’s and Trigger corrective optimization plans and manage implementation to completion.
- Ensure all physical changes are updated on ATOLL database. Perform routine audit on sites. Maintain standards 4G/3G/2G parameter rules on all radio database parameters;
- Manage Network NPS within cluster by customer complaints prioritization solution provision.
- Identify existing or potential E2E bottlenecks in the mobile network and resolve or escalate to stakeholder for resolution.
- Generate potential site nominals within cluster in collaboration with commercial teams.
- Automate routine tasks.
- University Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with a bias in Telecomm.
- Undergraduate degree in either Electrical, Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent from a reputable institution;
- 1 year telecommunications experience in GSM related field;
- 1 year valid Driving License.