Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Engineering jobs, ICT jobs, Graduate jobs, Internship jobs,
Safaricom Discover Graduate Program
At Safaricom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive, and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive and make a real difference.
What to expect:
- Your will interact and work with Industry leading technology and experts
- Be immersed in agile ways of working
- Get extensive business exposure through cross-functional rotations
- Have personalized development and placement in your area/s of specialization
- Get focused mentorship, training and support to stretch your potential
- Build expertise in your chosen area in either UI/UX, IoT or Machine Learning
- Be part of a robust community of Discover Graduates
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for innovative leaders, those who embrace new technologies and are continuously learning, individuals who are curious to the world of opportunity on offer. Safaricom is a place where you can bring your whole self to work as you kick start your career.
- Successful candidates will have passion for technology, customers, and commercial savviness
- Demonstratable knowledge of at least one of these skillsets i.e., UI/UX, IoT and Machine Learning
- You should demonstrate creativity, adaptability and learning enthusiasm
- Recently graduated (within one year) with a minimum 2nd upper degree
- You will boldly share your views, challenge status quo and a conscious risk taker.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
As part of the recruitment and on-boarding process the below documents will be required at a later stage
- A recommendation letter /Completion letter/ graduation certificate from your university
- NSSF, NHIF, KRA PIN & Bank account details
- Copy of National Identity Card.
- Good conduct & CRB certificate (not older than 12 months)
Please note you will be taken through a competitive recruitment process for the skillset selected against other applicants.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on our recruitment portal and apply.
Remember to fill out your candidate profile and attach all relevant documents
Persons with Disabilities and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
CRM Engineering Lead
We are pleased to announce the following Position in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Tech Lead Integration & Contact center planning, the position holder will develop, offer technical leadership and delivery for all Siebel CRM application deliveries done via the various sections within the organization via agile methodology.
- Responsible and accountable for strategy execution, all configurations and development within customer systems domain
- Ensure all projects assigned are delivered effectively and efficiently
- Work with other departments within the company to identify requirements and develop solutions (database design, workflows, integration touchpoints and user/data interfaces)
- Lead the team in optimal resource scheduling and allocation for delivery.
- Ensuring the CRM engineering team is well resourced and productively delivers on their mission through frequent Mentoring, by offering guidance and planning training needs for the team.
- Research and development: – Take leadership in research and development including adoption of automated testing, agile delivery, scrum methodologies, CI/CD, and other emerging methodologies.
- Ensures the effectiveness of overall systems performance for all new deliveries.
- Conduct business user requirements analysis and specification.
- Ensure all projects assigned are delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure all delivered products are well documented and following the DevOps cycle.
- Ensure all projects are delivered using agile methodologies
- Performs data modeling to analyze and specify data structures within an application system.
- Support new and existing application development by creating modifications and enhancements for Oracle Siebel & Contact Center applications and perform high level system design.
- Design and development of front-end tier(s), middle tier(s), and /or back-end database tier(s) for business applications. Capturing of business applications information needs and mapping of the same to the software and /or database components.
- Perform data modeling to analyze and specify data structures within an application system.
- Designing and implementing highly scalable and available systems.
- Create test plans, test data sets and perform automated testing to ensure all components of the developed systems meet specifications
- Work directly with the IT support personnel and teams to resolve issues identified and escalated post project implementation.
- Ensure there is proper sizing and dimensioning of the CRM platform for all squad deliveries.
- Formalize test plans and implements troubleshooting procedures.
- Implement automated monitoring of assigned systems to enable pro-active responses to incidents.
- Research and provide input on design approach, performance and base functionality improvements for various procedures and applications
- Take leadership in research and development including adoption of automated testing, agile delivery, scrum methodologies, CI/CD, and other emerging methodologies.
- University Degree in computer science or engineering
- 5+ years in software development/Support in a Telco industry with 2+ years in team leadership position
- 3+ years’ experience in Planning/Development in Oracle Siebel CRM
- 3+ Years’ experience in supporting/Implementing contact center systems
- 3+ Years’ experience in systems integration with industry middleware applications.
- At least 2 years development experience with RDMS preferably MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle etc. Experience in NoSQL databases is an added advantage
- Certification and experience in working with cloud platforms is an added advantage.
- Experience with Scrum and other Agile processes
- Experience in Business Systems modeling and data retrieval
- Unix/Linux technical skills with working experience in scripting in Linux/Unix.
- Working knowledge of Jira, Git/SVN, Jenkins
- Experience in the design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant systems.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail.
- Good analytical and presentation Skills.