Customer Service management jobs, Business related jobs, Operations jobs, International Development jobs, Economics jobs,
Senior Director, Service Delivery
- Develop the skills of Service Delivery Director, Portfolio Leads and Delivery Managers in Project execution, and client-facing responsibilities.
- Develop a high-caliber team by recruiting, selecting, onboarding, training, and coaching employees.
- Effectively communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, appraise and review direct report performance.
- Plan and review compensation for service delivery.
- Determine Service Delivery strategic plan to enable rapid scale evolution of work verticals and alignment of training with worker skill levels.
- ROI analysis on pursuing ISO or other certifications and positioning of the Center relative to the competitive landscape.
- Monitor and evaluate performance based on financial, operational, and impact KPIs.
- Be a regular presence on the production floor and actively interact with managers, supervisors, and agents to ensure productive engagement and proper functioning of systems.
- Meet Service Delivery’s financial and impact targets by supporting the preparation of annual budgets; forecasting expenditures; taking ownership of variances; and complying with Sama recruitment and compensation practices.
- Test and refine new operational strategies that support efficiency, scale, and best-in-class BPO processes and share learnings with key Sama stakeholders.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in data Center management; and actively engaging in and participating in the East African ICT community.
- Ensure alignment and execution of agent training with business needs, including providing ongoing feedback to Learning and Development on baseline training requirements; integrating learning tracks into agent workforce development plans; and working with operations to develop and track worker skill-sets and skill levels in order to execute sales pipeline.
- Provide leadership and expert advice on service delivery issues, planning, and service development approaches and create best-practice service delivery goals, standards, and measures of success to ensure expectations are clear and that service delivery strategies are well aligned with overall agency objectives.
- Meet a variety of Client needs and manage escalations through coaching and leading Directors and Project leaders.
- Drive and oversee financial, human, physical, and intellectual capital/resources and their interdependencies in an operationally effective and efficient manner to better facilitate service delivery and optimize outcomes
- Provide high-quality service strategy advice to executive leadership to effectively inform strategic planning processes.
- Develop and execute robust service delivery governance and risk frameworks to identify, manage and minimize financial, reputational, and service delivery risks.
- Monitor and evaluate service delivery processes and outcomes to ensure service delivery is efficient and cost-effective and to action necessary improvements as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in BPO or large-scale Customer Service management.
- 5+ years of experience in people management experience, including managing leaders of leaders and a strong desire to develop team members
- Expert in digital skills: Google Suite, Microsoft Office, systems and applications
- Experience in managing project costs
- Experience in client-facing roles
- Ability to communicate strategic knowledge objectives to executive management
- Ability to explain technical complexities from data and dashboards and present complex information to a variety of audiences from entry-level workers to executive
- Project Management skills
- Strong Leadership/Management skills
- Understanding of the basics of AI/ML technology will be an advantage
- Collect quantitative and qualitative impact and sustainability data from key geographies. Work closely across Sama teams, contractors, and partners to ensure accurate data reporting
- Implement and manage surveys and other data collection tools
- Organize data in accordance with global protocols and methodologies
- Analyze data using a variety of quantitative and qualitative methods
- Build data management systems or contribute to the development of enterprise data management systems
- Manage Sama’s impact monitoring and evaluation system. Streamline and improve data collection systems and manage survey and administrative data.
- Create reports, and dashboards, and visually represent data for internal and external audiences
- Collaborate with other teams to achieve impact goals and support monitoring and evaluation efforts
- Leverage insights to develop insights and surface implications.
- Manage Sama’s responsible supplier program, including oversight of supplier assessments.
- Conduct desk research to complement primary research efforts and expand Sama’s understanding of current literature related to areas of interest, including AI and the economy in key geographies, gender equality, and labour and wages
- Create content about Sama’s impact to share with internal and external audiences
- Stay up-to-date on ESG and leading disclosures, protocols, and measurement
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Economics, Public Policy or other related field
- Must have 3+ years of work experience collecting and using data to develop insights and drive decision-making
- Proven ability working with complex data sets, substantiated by concrete examples or metrics such as maintaining a consistent 99% accuracy rate in data entry with a high attention to detail.
- Must have experience using advanced Excel functions for data analysis
- Must have 2+ years designing and implementing quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Must have excellent time management and the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Must have experience taking ownership of projects and leading them to successful completion
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English to support ESG reporting
- Must have experience using survey tools (SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics, etc.)
- Advanced Degree in International Development, Economics, Public Policy, or a related field
- Experience with statistical software such as STATA or SPSS
- Experience developing and managing monitoring and evaluation systems
- Experience working in ESG/ sustainability, including sustainability in supply chains
- Experience living and/or working in one of our key impact geographies
- Familiarity with and/or experience preparing and responses to ESG rating organizations (e.g., CDP, TCFD, UN Global Compact)
- Familiarity with carbon accounting and the Greenhouse Gas Protocol