FREE CAREER COACHING for You
Get Your Career in The Right Path
Sanergy Engineering Jobs
Process Engineering Associate 2 – (2020/10/13)
- Sanergy is an award-winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein. Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brands. We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people. For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
- We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Synergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.We currently seek a Process Engineering Associate who will join our Operational Excellence team. The role will be based in Kilifi.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
|Autonomy||Process Engineering Associate (role) is expected to:- Review DAILY targets as set by the planning team- Provide team leads with DAILY target requirements- Carry out DAILY quality checks in the assigned areas- Review adherence to CCPs and Work Instructions on a DAILY basis and provide guidance to crew leads and other operators- Provide DAILY updates on adherence, blocks and progress towards improvement projects|
|Problem Solving||The role holder is expected to:- Lead problem solving with the operational teams – Develop corrective actions and lead implementation. Where actions are tied to different teams, provide follow-up on agreed-upon corrective actions until completion. – Implement preventive actions|
|Analysis||The role holder is expected to:- Develop performance criteria for the respective sections- Measure and report on DAILY/WEEKLY performance in the respective area- Identify and share opportunities for improvement with the operations team- Develop systems to structure and analyse data|
|Teamwork||The role holder is expected to:- Closely work with Operations team to ensure adherence to quality and HSE guidelines- Respond to requests pertaining to the process areas quickly and efficiently- Contribute your point of view towards ensuring continuous improvement- Work towards conflict resolution esp. between different departments through open and honest discussion|
|External Collaboration||The role holder is expected to:- Work with existing vendors to promote Quality, Health, Safety and Environment aspects within the site as per internal policies and procedures|
|Planning||The role holder is expected to:- Develop a yearly plan (broken into weeks and months) for process quality targets within the specified section.- Train the operations team on instructions and corrective actions in order to achieve the required results- Plan and lead execution of process monitoring projects – to achieve the required yields|
|Pragmatic Innovation||The role holder is expected to:- Actively participate in improvement projects with other teams within the site- Proactively share new ideas to the manager and support bringing them to fruition- Propose and implement changes to existing CCPs, SOPs, WIs and other process documentation.|
|Listening and asking questions||The role holder is expected to:- Ask questions and listen to items escalated by the quality assistant, operators and crew leads in order to understand issues with the process|
|Giving and receiving impactful feedback||The role holder is expected to:- Provide feedback to the quality assistant, operators and crew leads on the process- Ask for feedback from stakeholders (quality assistant, operators, crew leads and managers) to improve the existing processes|
|Engaging and motivating team members||The role holder is expected to:- Execute tasks within the existing processes and policies|
|Building a positive, learning & productive culture||Share a report of team failures and learning derived from them|
Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Engineering degree, Masters will be an added advantage
- 1-2 years of experience, preferably in BSF processing
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Data analysis and statistical aptitude.
- Good interpersonal skills.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
- To apply, please submit here a cover letter clearly indicating your available start date (include notice period), your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by Tuesday 27th October 2020. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview