Banking jobs, Customer Care jobs, Sales & Marketing jobs, Business Development jobs, Project Management jobs,
Senior Officer, Remittances
The overall purpose of this role is to optimise, Improve and champion efficient payment solutions by consulting, facilitating, optimising and monitoring of strategic initiatives and processes with the purpose of providing Excellent service to Branches and Business Units.
Management and Development of Staff
- Maintain organised and consistent workflows in line with turnaround, cut-off times, and deadlines; value dated payments and action all foreign exchange/ bank trade exception and transaction reports to minimise risk to the bank.
- Influence the implementation of Money Transfers and strategic initiatives and ensure that appropriate action is taken.
- Manage staff performance through conducting appraisals on a quarterly basis while providing ongoing feedback for staff improvement.
- Coach and motivate staff.
- Identify training needs of staff and hold career development discussions with them.
- Ensure efficiency through monitoring of staff time management so as not to impact work performance negatively.
- Effective conflict management through providing accurate and timely resolutions to staff matters.
- Ensure adherence to telephone etiquette standards.
- Ensure prompt resolution by taking ownership and attending to customer queries in accordance to the agreed 48 hours turnaround times and the laid down.
- Ensure that work is processed timeously and accurately in accordance to the laid down processes and procedures.
- Act as a liaison with various divisions in the bank.
- Analyze client’s needs in order to better serve them.
- Ensure that all payments and receipts are accurately processed on value date.
- Ensure that all due diligent checks have been conducted with regard to compliance.
- Ensure that staff are continually updated on new types of transactions and fanouts.
- Monitor costs (telephone calls, stationery, overtime costs and losses) so as to reduce costs and track revenue and recoveries and to increase revenue of the payments section.
- Knowledge; Skills and Experience required for this Role
KNOWLEDGE; SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Computer Literacy.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a funds transfer environment.
- An in depth knowledge of Outgoing and incoming TTs processing.
- Good knowledge of Flexcube.
- In depth knowledge of SWIFT and various messages.
- In depth knowledge of Nostro Accounts.
- A thorough understanding of operational risk (fraud, credit risk and errors).
- A basic knowledge of all payments products.
- In depth knowledge of the rules and regulations governing Foreign Trade and Exchange products from both an internal and international perspective.
- In depth knowledge of STP.
- Knowledge of basic banking accounting.
- A thorough knowledge of the Money Laundering Act
Competencies Required for this Role
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations.
- Deciding and Initiating Action.
- Planning and Organising.
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives.
- Leading and Supervising.
- Working with People.
- Adhering to Principles and Values
Customer Retention Officer
The overall purpose of this role is to provide one-stop financial solutions to retail customers including working on qualified reports, follow-up on non-funded and dormant accounts, up-selling and cross-selling to account holders and potential leads, provide efficient, effective customer service with utmost level of consistency and quality to all customers.
Financial – 35%
- Identify opportunities to push the Bank’s products and services by customarily requesting inward customers for stretched business and referrals, to aid in the proceeding with business growth of the Bank.
- Outbound campaigns – Welcome Calls to onboard new customers, drive funding, inactivity management, Credit collections, dormant account reactivation e.t.c.
- Achieve in Initiating contact with new and pre-existing customer and address inquiries seeking to establish a long term valuable relationship, largely founded on enhancing sales deliverables.
- Voice of Customer (VOC) on various products and services and address any complaints for service recovery and customer satisfaction
- Quality health check calls, market intelligence on products and services consumed by customers from the competition, customer profiling, NPS and customer satisfaction surveys; prepare qualitative reports as required.
- Execute closure of leads that have been channeled in a structured manner through the product owners, segments or branches.
- The officer must meet and exceed SBM Bank Customers expectations by dealing with matters pertaining to sales, encouraging and seeing through the funding of client’s accounts (Non-funded accounts) and monitoring customer retention (i.e. welcome calls and dormant accounts).
Customer Experience – 35%
- Assist customers on any instructions, query or complaints in relation to any of the banks products. Channels processes, campaigns, events or people and log the same accordingly.
- Outbound call or emails in respond to correspondence from customers or to follow up initial sales contacts / leads.
- Ensure customer feedback and insights from the various campaigns is accurately captured and any urgent customer issue is escalated for resolution.
- Respond immediately to potential leads or customer enquiries and be proactive in your communication.
- Drive customer retention/ lower customer attrition through initiatives generated by product owners, or segments.
- Continuously explore ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of service to enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Business Processes – 15%
- Ensure accessibility and adherence to shift adherence.
- Vigilant and adherence to any and all bank policies and guidelines.
- Adherence to call scripts and all campaign management guidelines.
- Verify authenticity of the customers you call through keen confirmation of necessary KYC details as per the banks Know Your Customer(KYC)Guidelines.
Learning & Growth – 15%
- Strives to continually improve personal performance in order to achieve team and departmental SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Takes responsibility for continuous self-development and own learning.
- Works as part of a team and supports colleagues.
Direct Reports to this Position
Customers of this Position
- External Customers
- Internal Customers
- All departments of the bank
Knowledge: Skills and Experience required for this Role
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of second class honors upper division or equivalent
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Minimum 1 year working within a sales environment preferably in a proactive telemarketing role within the banking industry
- Technical skills to effectively perform contact centre activities and tasks in a manner that consistently produces high quality of service
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, procedures, and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards and benchmarks
- Customer service management processes and procedures
- Trust worthy
- Work well under high intensity and deliver results Excellent telephone skills
Competencies required for this role
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer experience oriented culture
- Working with People
- Relating and Networking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Planning and Organizing
- Adhering to principles and values
- Presenting and communicating information
- Following Instructions and Procedures
Business Projects Manager
The primary ongoing responsibility is management of projects to ensure that the expected objectives are delivered on time, within budget, with high quality and realization of benefits. The role holder ensures the application of appropriate skills, tools and techniques to project management activities during the project life cycle. Addressing the various needs, concerns and expectations of the stakeholders and balancing the competing project constraints of Scope, Quality, Schedule, Budget, Resources, and Risk.
Project Management – 60%
Provide support to the Project Management Unit in relation to projects as required including
- Lead and manage implementation of projects within a portfolio of competing projects and limited time and resources.
- Follow a defined, agreed upon project management methodology for Planning, Defining, Execution, Monitoring and Control, and reporting activities within the project lifecycle.
- Prepare project initiation and governing documents like, Project Charter and Project Management Plans.
- Assemble a cross-functional project team for their technical or functional contribution to the project.
- Determine the organizational structure of the project team.
- Identify key stakeholders to the project and their roles and value.
- Coordinate activities across different internal and external functions.
- Motivate team members.
- Assigning work to team members in collaboration with the work stream owner.
- Facilitate the definition of scope; service levels and user requirements.
- Organize and ensure proper and adequate testing phases within projects.
- Coordinate partners, vendors and consultants engaged in the project work.
Monitoring & Evaluation – 30%
- Compile and review performance statistics and monitor against targets on a regular basis and ensure that remedial action is taken promptly where required
- Constantly check on project progress toward meeting its objectives, determining the cause of deviations from the plan if any and take corrective actions to address deviations.
- Manage project budget and resource allocation.
- Provide regular reporting and presentation of project status, progress, risks and issues to all stakeholders.
- Convene regular Project Steering Committee meetings.
Quality Assurance – 10%
- Risk monitoring and reporting on the status of risk issues for projects.
- Ensure compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements.
Direct Reports to this Position
Customers of this Position
- Project Management Unit team members
- All staff
- Bank’s customers
- External stakeholders
Knowledge & Education requirements
- Graduate from an accredited University ( IT, Business, Finance, Project Management)
- Preferable 3-4 years working experience, preferable +1 working in the financial service industry
- At least 2-3 years project management experience.
- Project Management Certification(preferable) PMP, Prince2
Competencies required for this Role
- Team Player
- Creating & innovating
- Extremely organized
- Problem solving
- Adhering to principles and values
- Following instructions & procedures