Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Data Collection jobs, Health Records Management jobs, ICT jobs, Monitoring & Evaluation jobs,
Data clerk will be assisting the Monitoring & Evaluation officer in data entry, analysis and generating information for use, in collaboration with the OVC Case Managers and Case Workers. Reporting to the Monitoring & Evaluation officer, the Data Clerk is expected to carry out the following duties among others:
- Create and management the filing system for the OVC Program
- Keep track of received data and source documents
- Maintain filling and data for the clients/OVC served by Project
- Develop defaulter tracking systems for OVC in care & treatment and advice health/social workers on any failed appointment
- Identifies and interpret data to be entered into the System.
- In collaboration with the other program staff, ensure that all data collected from community volunteers is complete and reported on time.
- Maintain program database of enrolled OVC, their households and the services they receive.
- Conduct regular update of the program database.
- Ensure that the Project UNAIDS 90-90-90 strategy is achieved by increasing testing rates among OVC, OVC are accessing ART treatment at healthcare facilities and viral load suppressed by offering appropriate psychosocial and nutritional support.
- Facilitate accuracy and complete collection of data through providing regular feedback to other program staff on the quality of data being collected.
- Conduct regular internal data check and periodic data quality assessments to assess and improve the quality of data generated to better monitor the program.
- Carry out functions as mandated.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
- Certificate/Diploma in Health Records Management/Information Technology
- At least 1-year experience as a data clerk
- Must be Computer literate with experience and knowledge MS-Excel, and Power Point. Knowledge of MS Access/ Data Base.
- Must be able manage documents with care and professionalism.
- Must be trusted and reliable
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet tight deadline;
- Must Exhibit professional attitude at all times.
- Keep sensitive information confidential.
GF HIV Monitoring And Evaluation Officer
M&E Officer is responsible for guiding the overall project M&E strategy and implementation of related activities within the AICHM GF-HIV project and undertakes timely preparation and submission of reports to the donor and other project stakeholders. M&E Officer will work closely with all technical coordinators to improve program quality through improved data management systems and processes, act as focal point for all project evaluations and lead the DM&E processes of AICHM design and gathering of evidence of programs. The M&E Officer is expected to develop and implement data quality assurance plan and lead learning and reflection activities to improve program quality, monitor results and impact, share lessons learned, best practices and ensure that accountability and other cross-cutting issues are adequately incorporated into project and M&E activities.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review, analyse, and validate activities data to ensure consistency, integrity and accuracy based on project specific guidelines.
- Preparation and submission of accurate and timely reports, to the donor and other project stakeholders.
- Perform data verification, entry and management including data cleaning, to compile timely monthly, quarterly and annual data reports and archiving to support the implementation of program activities.
- Maintain documentation and standardizing data management procedures and evaluation of the effectiveness of program interventions and develop ad-hoc reports project highlighting project/program outputs, case studies, stories highlighting areas for project improvement.
- Ensure relevant donor data collection and reporting tools are in place and are being used correctly by staff to collect required and accurate data for project monitoring and performance.
- Provide technical assistance and mentorship to project staff and build their capacity on data demand and information use for decision making.
- Ensure quality of monitoring and data reported by field offices and volunteers through capacity building, supportive supervision, routine checking and regular validation of data.
- Undertake regular monitoring and technical support visits to projects sites to assess progress against approved plans, provide feedbacks and recommendations for timely improvement.
- Ensure utilization of appropriate reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of data.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and guidelines for data management and data quality assurance in line with national and international policies.
- Manage project evaluation and learning i.e., surveys, baselines, evaluations, joint projects monitoring and reviews / lessons learning workshops/events.
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary by the supervisor to support the overall Management, Supervision, Monitoring and Evaluation of the implementation of the Program.
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies:
- University degree, preferably in Public Health, Public Health Informatics, Biostatistics/Health Records and Information or related field will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in using statistical packages for analyzing complex datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc) and generation of information for decision making.
- Demonstrated ability on designing and maintaining data collection tools in mobile platforms e.g. ODK Collect and KOBO Collect.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in implementing M&E systems in public health related programs ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, HIV performance-based, capacity building, accountability; and Planning, monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting.
- Proven experience on establishing M&E system, logical and conceptual frameworks for HIV programs with demonstrated strong database management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain high standards of personal integrity; establishing productive relationships; strong interpersonal communication and facilitation skills.
- Computer skills: Hands on competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Proven experience in developing and coordinating data collection, processing and analysis systems.
- Demonstrated experience in developing statistical analysis plans while adhering to statistical principles
- Interpersonal skills, Team working skills, Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English & Kiswahili is essential.
Applicants should include a cover letter, detailed CV detailing work history and current responsibilities, salary history, educational certificates, and three references. The applications will be reviewed as they come. Only individuals who meet the above-mentioned qualifications should apply.
Method of Application
Please send your application to:
The Executive Director,
AIC Health Ministries,
BOX 40431-00100, NAIROBI
NOT later thanAll applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th April 2022. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied.