Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
ICT jobs, Systems Engineering jobs, The Aga Khan Foundation jobs,
Regional ICT Officer
The Regional ICT Officer will provide critical support in maintaining and managing the organization’s information technology resources and strategies by supervising the staff responsible for operating and supporting the ICT systems and researching and implementing technological strategic solutions. Collaborating with business departments to align their ICT systems to their requirements and manage the systems to ensure they are constantly available to users.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Planning, implementation and administration of additions, deletions, and major modifications to the supporting regional infrastructure.
- Implementing network security at the regional level.
- Implementation and Administration of the company’s Wide Area Network (WAN) and various Internet technologies like VPN etc.
- Design, development, and implementation of ICT policies in the region. This includes but not limited to Security, e-Waste management, data protection etc.
- Planning, implementation, and administration of integrated unified communications in the region. This includes Audio, Video and Data
- Effective use of Office365, IP based PBX and Audio/Video conferencing systems
- Develop, administer, and conduct a formalised training programme for users on office applications (Office 365 – Mail, MS Office, Collaboration, Intranet etc.).
- Oversee troubleshoot, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provides expert support when necessary.
- Work with management to help implement Internal Systems.
- Designing and implementation of security solutions optimized to meet AKF needs.
- Oversee all help desk activities at the regional level.
- Respond to escalated help desk issues.
- Interact with users on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provide answers in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain vendor relationships and manage the purchase of hardware and software products.
- Manage the purchasing of all software, hardware, and other IT supplies at the regional level.
- Ensure that company ICT assets are maintained responsibly.
- Maintain, support and train on the regional applications; Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications – Mail, Teams, and office wide collaboration.
- Provide technical support on ERP, HR Systems, and other operational ICT systems in the region.
- Manage and undertake research and analysis to inform the Foundation’s ICT strategy and to advise on emerging technologies and trends, especially in Hardware, Software and Application solutions, which can benefit the Foundation.
- Initiate and implement improvements in all areas of IT responsibility.
- Serve as main point of contact on all IT-related matters for the region.
- Respond/act on upper-management direction.
- Identify and provides standards for gathering information for use in trend analysis and reports information to company management.
- In conjunction with RCFO and the Finance Dept., setting, agreeing, and monitoring regional ICT budgets.
- Consult with Geneva ICT on email creation for new staff, creation of regional mailing groups, creation of Teams sites and other global ICT functions allocated to the regional office.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum BSc. In Computer Science/ICT with at least 5 years’ experience along with relevant professional certifications listed below. MSc. In a related ICT field will be an added advantage.
- At least MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) or MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional), certifications in Security, Internetworking. Certification and/or on job training on an ERP System or Financial Information System (FIS).
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple tasks, demands, and deadlines with a positive and constructive attitude under minimal supervision.
- Strong networking and people skills with a collaborative approach to working.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and work independently to strict deadlines.
- Efficiency and Operational Excellence
- Data Management & Analytics skills
- Knowledge in current ICT security systems, threats.
- Good working knowledge of Internetworking and troubleshooting techniques including wired, wireless and Wide Area Networks (WAN)
- Good knowledge of firewalls, security software and internet technologies.
- Hands- on experience with various ICT hardware, laptops, desktops, servers, printers, routers, managed switches etc.