Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
ICT jobs, Internships, WASH jobs, NGO jobs,
National Programme Officer (WASH)
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and documentation of drought response Programme activities this includes both projectization.
- Consolidate and submit monthly, quarterly and donor reports, contribute inputs to project documents, visibilities as well to all internal and external audit
- Provide guidance and coordinate with the implementing partners and service providers to ensure coordination of the implementation of the WASH/ Climate change activities ensuring effective monitoring and close follow-up field, teams and engineers.
- Compile data on project activities for internal and external reports of IOM, clarifying outputs, achievements, challenges, corrective measures taken as well as future plans.
- Monitor inputs, field activities and find solutions to obstacles and provide utilization reports for specific activities to the Senior Programme Manager and IOM WASH and MECC team on the finding and advice in close collaboration and coordination with the field.
- Facilitate that all the emergency response and medium/long term activities meets their intended scope, time, quality and budget. Notify in a timely manner of any change request pertinent and inform of any delay or workaround required for timely completion of activities.
- Prepare and Manage Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs)/ contracts with service providers and implementing partners. Work closely with the administrative units of IOM to ensure adequate contracts management; close out procedures and final payments to the contractors.
- Plan, implement and monitor activities including procurement plans ensuring that the resources are properly utilizing effectively to provide services to the beneficiaries.
- Consolidate and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly, midyear and annual donor reports, contribute inputs to Programme documents, visibilities as well to all internal and external mission reports, this may include development of project snapshots, dashboards and sitreps.
- Contribute the development of a WASH/MECC technical guidelines, policy and operational frameworks for government institutions, line ministries and other stakeholders while providing prioritized recommendations for Programme interventions to the senior management.
- Assist in resource mobilization for WASH/MECC by identifying funding opportunities in general and budgeting.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- Undertake frequent duty travel in Somalia relating to project activities, monitoring and liaison with counterparts.
Required Qualifications and Experience
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
- Master’s degree in conflict and peace building or international relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
- Bachelor’s degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience on migration in relation to the conflict, crises, and natural hazards.
- Experience in the thematic area relevant to project development and coordination.
- Experience in the field of migration issues, including operational and field experience, project development, management, and reporting.
- Experience of legal frameworks human rights approaches, risk reduction and protection issues related to displacement and migration.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, donors, academia, other national/international institutions and NGOs.
- Work experience in Somalia is an advantage.
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization; and,
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
- Knowledge of international fora and policy process in the areas of migration, climate change, environment, disaster risk reduction
- Knowledge of legal frameworks human rights approaches, soft law and protection issues related to environmental migration
- Fluency in English and Swahili (oral and written) is required. Working knowledge of Somali is an advantage
Data Visualization And Analysis Intern
- Assist in producing graphs, templates, factsheets, and maps using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting in coordination with the Community Stabilization Unit (CSU) team.
- Assist in developing dashboards to curate and visualize COSI and other program data using the ArcGIS Esri platform.
- Assist in developing different templates that can be used to visualize COSI data, including graphics and maps that can be easily understood by both specialized and non-specialized audiences.
- Assist CSU team in conducting literature/desk reviews and stay abreast of migration-related data products covering the region, in order to validate and contextualize COSI and other CSU report findings.
- Assist in engaging external and internal data users (bilaterally or through workshops) to improve the way CSU products are utilized.
- Assist in the improvement of methodology and tools to be used by CSU, as well as the design of new data collection exercises when relevant.
- Assist in capacity building of CSU teams and external partners on data collection and analysis.
- Assist in the development of project proposals, project updates and final reports to donors.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or/and Master’s degree in social sciences, development, data science, economic policy, econometrics and operations research, or a related field
- Experience in conducting research, including reporting and presenting findings;
- Sound knowledge of and experience in quantitative methods for social science research;
- Good understanding of migration and humanitarian frameworks;
- Experience with international humanitarian organizations, and non-governmental or governmental institutions/organizations in a multi-cultural setting is an asset.
- Excellent command of written English;
- Demonstrated facility working with STATA to analyze and visualize data sets;
- Demonstrated facility with graphic design, and publishing software that includes making maps and infographics;
- Knowledge in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis
- Ability to create and manage dashboards on the ArcGIS Esri platform;
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining attention to detail.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Special Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
From 30.11.2022 to 13.12.2022