Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Administration jobs, Business Management jobs, Criminology jobs, Security jobs, Disaster Risk Management jobs,
Technical Programs Coordinator
The Technical Programs Coordinator will plan, implement and undertake the Kakuma program strategies in line with LWF country strategies and Government of Kenya policies through provision of oversight to ensure expected program objectives are achieved.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead development, implementation and review of all Kakuma program activities and budgets; continuously monitoring activities against work plans to identify possible areas of improvement, making recommendations and recording lessons learnt.
- Provide oversight to program activities ensuring compliance with policies and procedures as provided by LWF, funders and legislation.
- Support oversight in management, implementation and improvement of service delivery in liaison with the Area Manager.
- Build capacity of the project teams in the Kakuma program while promoting a conducive work environment and teamwork.
- Supervise and empower the technical project leads to develop, monitoring tools, reporting templates and service delivery procedures.
- Coordinate preparation and submission periodic (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annual) reports of activities, evaluations, recommendations and action plans.
- Participate in internal and external meetings, as well as identify opportunities for partner collaboration as appropriate in addition to other activities such as advocacy, dissemination and knowledge management.
- Develop area program concept notes and proposals for existing and new donors as necessary from time to time.
- Support the Area Manager in identifying, assessing, monitoring and implementation of measures to reduce or control risks that may impact program delivery, quality and compliance.
- Carry out relevant tasks related to programs as assigned by the Area Manager.
(NOTE:2023 UN Jobs - Ongoing Recruitment. Get More Details Here.)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Planning and Development, Education, Development Studies or related fields
- Proven experience of minimum 5 years working within a humanitarian and development programme.
- Experience gained with an international NGO will be an added advantage.
- An impeccable professional standard of ethics as well as the willingness and ability to implement accountability activities within the LWF World Service essential.
- Certification in Program Management or other relevant certifications an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, use of internet and email
- Proven experience in Project Management within the humanitarian sector.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including influencing negotiation and pragmatism.
- Excellent analytical, facilitation and documentation experience with humanitarian programmes.
- Ability to liaise with a variety of people successfully and effectively in a multicultural set up.
- Ability to work independently.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Safety And Security Supervisor
The Safety and Security Supervisor shall be in- charge of the safety & security related to the development, implementation and monitoring of effective strategy to mitigate risks, maintain continuity of operations, and secure the safety and security of all employees. In addition, the Safety and Security supervisor will also provide technical assistance and guidance to Area Program based security staff in developing and maintain area programs’/offices context-specific risk assessment, security plans and guide on security awareness raising and training activities to be implemented by the Area Programs
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and appropriately disseminate relevant security information obtained from various sources or networks.
- Ensure there is a continuous context and humanitarian access assessment and analysis ensuring staff safety and security.
- Ensure that field work related practices are robust and that all staff are aware of, trained in, and adhere to safety and security guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure that Lutheran World Federation ( LWF) security protocols and systems reflect at all times the threats and risks identified through on-going security risk analysis and are nuanced to particular situations, events and geographical locations
- Ensure that LWF security framework is conducive to LWF programme implementation, duty of care and staff care, and staff care standards, including Occupational Safety and Health Requirement
- Implement the LWF security pack and quality assure implemented safety and security systems and advise on improvements.
- Train and make LWF staff aware of security environment, procedures and rules with briefings, awareness sessions and simulation exercises, and as SFP guide other SSOs to do the same.
- Produce assessments, projections and analyses related to power and stakeholder structures, conflict dynamics and important social, economic and political developments.
- Work closely with Area Managers and Area Program Security Focal Persons to ensure all incidents and accidents are followed up, compiled and analysed in line with LWF guidelines.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the Critical Incident Team led by the Country Representative.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in criminology/Security Studies/Disaster Risk Management
- A Bachelor’s degree in criminology will be an added advantage
- Hostile Environment Awareness Training or similar ( renewable every 5 years)
- At least 3 years of progressive working experience in security setting;
- Experience in Armed Forces and working with INGO or international organization will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili language both written and spoken
- Good customer care
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
A person of high integrity that will model LWF/WS Kenya Somali Program core values:
- Dignity and justice
- Compassion and commitment
- Respect for diversity
- Inclusion and participation
- Transparency and accountability.