Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs
5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free
Find details here
ICT jobs, Standard Group jobs,
IT Systems Administrator
The Standard Group PLC is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key influence in matters of national and international interest. Our various media platforms include: The Standard Newspaper, KTN, KTN News, btv, Farmers T.V, Radio Maisha, Vybez Radio, Spice FM, The Nairobian Weekly Newspaper and Standard Digital. As part of strengthening our operations, we are looking for a smart, creative, futuristic and ambitious individual to join the ICT team in the following capacity:
IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
REPORTING TO INFRASTRUCTURE AND SERVICE MANAGER
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role is responsible for the management and administration of the Virtual environment, Enterprise backup, Email communication, Office 365, Data Centre, Disaster recovery site, SharePoint, domain services, Active directory, printing, Enterprise storages, Service desk system, software deployment & patch management. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing projects that are systems and data centre related.
- Manage and administer the following systems: Windows domain controller, Email communications, SharePoint, Virtual environment, Enterprise storages, Server hardware, Enterprise backup, Print, Office 365, SCCM, Service desk, data center (Production & DR), and any other application that is systems related.
- Manage and coordinate data center and system-related projects
- Perform daily system health checks and intervene on any likelihood of system errors and malfunctions. Record the finding on the daily checklist report.
- Provide Tier-2 service system support to users; escalate and coordinate all Tier-3 incidents support with contracted support partners for resolution as per the external support SLA and IT Service Level Agreement with the Business;
- Performs system installations, systems upgrades, systems migration and rollout of new software patches and updates;
- Coordinates and perform decommissioning of legacy systems; create system growth plans and monitoring resource utilization.
- Create and assign appropriate system roles and system access permissions as defined and signed-off by the business.
- Coordinate, execute and document systems change requests.
- Perform disaster and backup recovery tests as per the schedule, prepare necessary reports, follow up and resolve identified failures or errors.
- Perform preventive maintenances for server infrastructure as per the schedule.
- Develop ICT related content for the user awareness training.
- Advises the business on process improvements, new technologies, innovations, and products.
- Prepare appropriate reports to help in operations and decision-making.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree in IT-related field from a recognized university or equivalent.
- Certifications in Microsoft Server administration.
- VMware certified professional – VCP
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a busy IT environment.
- Experience and knowledge in using Windows and Linux Operating systems, Virtualization (VMware & Hyper-V), Microsoft Exchange server and Microsoft office 365 and Microsoft system center configuration manager (SCCM).
SKILLS AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and competitive environment
- Well-developed analytical skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work under pressure
- High degree of integrity.
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday, 20th September 2022.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
WE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE FOR THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS