Get a job with NGOs, the UN & International Organisations
Earn a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Find details here
International Relations jobs, Communication jobs, Public Health jobs, Management jobs,Computer Science jobs,
ICT Associate (UNOCHA)
Summary of key functions:
- Implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies;
- Effective functioning of the Regional Office (RO) hardware and software packages;
- Support to networks administration;
- Provision of web management services;
- Provision of administrative support;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Ensures implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the RO technology environment;
- Participation in development and implementation of ICT annual plan and Standard Operating Procedures in ICT services;
- Provision of support to the use of Atlas (UNDP’s implementation of ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
- Ensures effective functioning of the Regional Office hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Effective functioning (installation, operation and maintenance) of all RO hardware equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies;
- Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs;
- Installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades, anti-virus programs on a timely basis.
- Ensures efficient networks administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring of the network connection on a daily basis to ensure a stable and responsive network environment;
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems. Ensure that the RO desktop and network resources are protected from malicious virus attacks and deploy countermeasures in the event of the attacks;
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access;
- Maintenance of up-to-date parameters of information for the network clients and electronic mail;
- Implementation of backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Organization of off-site storage of backups;
- Maintenance of measures in place for business continuity and disaster recover processes and procedures including backup and restoration of both server and local storage facilities;
- Networks administration support to other UN agencies as required and preparation of bills for cost recovery for the service provided.
- Provides web management services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support to the maintenance of the RO websites and Intranet;
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of websites for OCHA ROSEA.
- Provides administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new ICT equipment for the RO and projects, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, review of quotations and bids;
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware;
- Maintenance of a library of ICT related reference materials;
- Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Administration and Procurement Teams;
- Provision of ICT support to key events.
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the RO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision;
- Participation in the organization of training for the Regional Office staff on ICT issues.
- Maintenance of staff training profiles;
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in ICT;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
- Achieve Results: Level 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline;
- Think Innovatively: Level 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements;
- Learn Continuously: Level 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback;
- Adapt with Agility: Level 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible;
- Act with Determination: Level 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident;
- Engage and Partner: Level 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships;
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Level 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
- Communication: Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience. Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
- Knowledge Generation: Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need.
- Service Delivery and Operations: Ability to deliver the IT products and services to customers at the right level of Quality and Costs, taking into account user experience.
- IT Security Management: Knowledge of Cyber Security technologies, processes, and innovations and the ability to apply to strategic and practical situations. Capacity of keeping UNDP systems and data safe.
- IT Continuity and Disaster Recovery: Ability to manage IT continuity and disaster recovery.
- IT Customer Support: Ability to support internal customers on IT issues and generate a continuous improvement of users.
- Research and Development: Following new technologies and technical trends, research the technologies that are applicable and beneficial to the organization and develop the systems.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application (Microsoft Certification, Cisco Certification).
- University degree in Computer Science or related fields is desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) and Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months.
- Minimum of 6 years (Secondary Education) and 3 years (Bachelor degree holders) of relevant experience including network administration, management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is highly desirable.
Technical Coordination Analyst (NPSA9)
Knowledge management and lessons learning:
- In cooperation with Responsible Parties and the PMU, extract and summarize lessons learned and best practices by the project and update the Project Lessons Register on a quarterly basis;
- In cooperation with the Knowledge Management, Communications and M&E Officer, organize annual in-person and remote knowledge exchange meetings with Responsible Parties, PMU members, and other project stakeholders;
- In cooperation with the Knowledge Management, Communications and M&E Officer, document and publish lessons learned and best practices by the project, and support dissemination facilitation through UNDP, GWP, project and partner networks (e.g. through email, web, social media, local media), IUCN PANORAMA Solutions, EAC website and EAC e-Learning library, and US Government-supported platforms (e.g. USAID Learning Lab/Platform, USAID Newsroom, USAID Regional Office websites in Africa and Asia);
- Participate in lessons learning and knowledge exchange events organized by Responsible Parties and other relevant projects and programs in Kenya, Tanzania,and Uganda;
- Measuring the effectiveness of counter-wildlife trafficking efforts.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Environmental Protection and Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields with additional 2 years of relevant experience will be given due consideration in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years with Master’s degree or Four (4) years with Bachelor’s degree, of successful experience in managing, monitoring and coordination of conservation projects and programmess in East Africa and programs in East Africa;
- Knowledge of environment issues, concept and principles and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations;
- Knowledge of methodologies, tools, systems and apply Practical experience in planning, monitoring, evaluating and reporting;
- Experience working with public institutions, as well as civil society/private organizations and consultants is an asset;
- Two years experience on maritime/ management of ports is an asset.
- Experience with USAID, UNDP, or GEF projects is an asset;
- Ability to productively share UNDP knowledge and activities (at UN and other venues). solutions and generate resources.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills; Knowledge of Swahili and French are an asset.
JPO – UNAIDS Programme Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
The Mandate of the UNAIDS office in Kenya is to:
- Provide leadership, leverage strategic partnerships and coordinate UN system wide response to support the implementation of the Global AIDS Strategy 2021-2026 and the Political Declaration Commitment by ending inequality that fuel the AIDS epidemic within the SDG framework.
- Promote generation and use of strategic information to better understand the source of inequality and barriers that fuel new infections, track the epidemic, measure progress and impact of the response.
- Support efforts to strengthen capacities of communities, community led monitoring and their meaningful engagement in Universal Health, social protection and human rights mechanisms applying GIPA principles.
- Provide intellectual leadership to guide policy decisions and programmes, including the creation of an enabling political, fiscal and legal environment and full integration of HIV in humanitarian settings.
- Promote, support and guide national partners, the UN system and private sector in integrating HIV and AIDS into wider Universal Health Coverage and country development plans both at national and subnational levels to end AIDS as a public health threat by 2030 leaving no one behind.
Under the direct supervision of the UNAIDS Country Director (UCD), the incumbent will:
- Will liaise and work closely with the UCO team, UN Joint Team on AIDS, GF, PEPFAR, country level partners, and Community networks to harmonize and advance an evidence-informed approach to the national AIDS response.
- Support the UCO in contributing to the RCO led joint UN initiatives within the UN reform agenda including the SDG Partnership Platform that brings government, Private sector, Foundations and Development Partners.
- Support engagement and partnership with private sector for innovative and sustainable solutions
- Will have an important role in supporting the UCO, NACC, civil society organisations, People living with HIV networks, the UNJT to effectively contribute to the HIV response in addressing gender equality, advancing human rights and climate change.
- Strengthening HIV communication and advocacy, as well as COVID-19 impact on HIV services for special groups.
- Assist the UCO in documentation and compilations of human stories in relation to HIV prevention, treatment and care, human rights and HIV related stigma and discrimination on.
- Support documentation of best practices and innovations for knowledge management
- Support counties to effectively coordinate and implement KASF II and Global AIDS Strategy priority result areas towards achieving 95:95:95.
- Assist the UCO in tracking COVID-19 developments and related data for reporting on various platforms and the impact of COVID-19 in the HIV response for special groups of UNAIDS interest (PLHIV, AGYW, women, young people, Key populations and People living with disability) .
- Commitment to the AIDS response, Integrity, Respect for diversity
- Working in teams
- Delivering results
- Applying expertise and
- Building relationships and Networks
Required Skills and Experience
- Master degree or equivalent in international development, international relations, Communication, public health, management or similar fields.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in combination with qualifying experience (at least 3 years of relevant working experience) may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree
- Part of the candidates’ academic training (BA or MA) must have taken place in a developing country that appears on the following list of eligible countries of the Dutch JPO Programme: http://www.nedworcfoundation.nl/pdf/List%20of%20eligible%20countries%20%20November%202018.pdf
- Minimal 2 years to maximum 4 years (with MA) or minimal 3 years to maximum 4 years (with BA) relevant working experience preferably in programme management in public or private sector at the national or international level, experience in data analysis and coordination.
- Experience working in the areas of gender, human rights, humanitarian setting including working with refugees and internally displaced people, and civil society partnership will be an advantage.
- Working experience within the UN system should not exceed 50% of the relevant working experience including UNV, (paid) UN internship and UN consultancy.
- All paid work experience since obtaining Bachelor’s degree can be considered. Internships will be considered if relevant to the position.
- Essential: Excellent knowledge of English.
- Desirable: the knowledge of any other UN language