Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Journalism jobs, Communication jobs, Social sciences jobs,Environmental Science jobs, Business Administration jobs, Political Science jobs,Programme Management jobs,
Individual Contractor for Evaluation Office
The Individual Contractor takes a lead role in ensuring adherence to organizational standards and programme quality through the planning, implementation, coordination and reporting of evaluations required by the UN General Assembly and the UNEA.
Under the guidance and overall supervision of the Senior Evaluation Officer, the Individual contractor will perform the duties listed below. He/She will function as part of the core team of the Evaluation Office.
1. Provide overall management of field- and desk-based evaluations for selected projects.
2. Liaise with Task/Portfolio Managers to draft Terms of Reference and plan the work of consultant contractors hired to perform project evaluations.
3. Identify evaluation consultant contractors, review their credentials and make recommendations for the selection of qualified consultants to form appropriately qualified evaluation teams.
4. Oversee the work of consultant contractors; review and assess the quality of consultant’s deliverables in draft form and prepare comments to ensure that final evaluation reports reach the highest standards possible.
5. Engage all relevant parties, including UNEP staff and colleagues in partnering organizations, in participatory evaluation processes.
6. Ensure lessons learned and recommendations are reflected effectively in the final evaluation reports; lead a process of planning for actions to be taken in response to the evaluation recommendations and assess compliance with Recommendation Implementation Plans at regular intervals.
7. Validate and quality assess Management Led Terminal Reviews
8. Assist the Evaluation Office in developing communication products and disseminating them through online platforms and/or in presentations.
9. Contribute to the development and circulation of evidence-based knowledge.
10. Perform other related duties as may be required.Qualifications/special skills
A Master’s degree in Environmental Science/Studies, Business Administration, Planning, Management, Social Sciences, or Political Science, Auditing or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a relevant field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, including evaluation work experience with the UN or other international agencies is required.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision by the Programme Coordinator, Kenya Country Programme, the incumbent shall:
• Provide overall support to the programme’s engagement in the development process and implementation of the 2022-2026 Kenya – UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF);
• Support the annual reporting process of the UN country team (UNCT) in the data portal UNinfo in close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation focal point at the UN Resident Coordinator’s Office;
• Assist to foster the programme’s engagement with Faith-Based Organizations on Ecosystem Restoration.
• Assist with technical assistance in program design and delivery for all awareness-raising and capacity building-related activities.
• Support the development and implementation of various programme, advocacy strategies such as organizing meetings, forums, conferences, and workshops.
• Assist to drafting of outcome reports and action plans emanating from national meetings/forums/conferences/workshops;
• Assist to foster community empowerment and national connectivity by developing the programme’s contacts information database for resource sharing especially, liaises with key project actors, including high level officers and government counterparts, when required;
• Assist with administrative support including making logistical arrangements for mission activities;
• Performs other related tasks, as required.Qualifications/special skills
High School Diploma is required.
Supplementary training in natural science, natural resource management, environmental policy, environmental economics or related field is required.
A minimum of one (1) year of professional working experience relating to project or programme management in the environmental sector is required.
Experience within the UN system, including as an intern in similar field is desirable.
Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement is desirable.
Publications Editor / Writer
Duties and Responsibilities
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UNEP’s Communication Division communicates UNEP’s core messages to all stakeholders and partners, raising environmental awareness and enhancing the profile of UNEP worldwide.
UNEP’s Communication Division is looking for a dynamic, creative self-starter as ” Science editor for publications”. Under the supervision of the Managing Publisher and working closely with the publication managers/authors, the “Science editor for publications” will be responsible for the effective and efficient performance of the following duties:
-Provide science editing services for UNEP Spotlight publications as assigned, ranging from copy-edit to structural edit as required. Expected spotlight publications for editing during this time period are the Plastics report, Extractives and Mining, and Food Systems. For each report, ensure the text makes sense, contains no errors or inconsistencies, and tighten the language. Question statements that are confusing or contradictory and ensure that the narrative is sound and underpinned by peer-reviewed science and citations.
-Provide copy-edit services to policy briefs from Executive Office and Office of the Chief Scientist on politically sensitive topics.
-Launch assets including key messages for policy makers, copy for social media assets, video scripts and press releases.Qualifications/special skills
Advanced university degree in journalism, communication, social sciences or other related field is required, a first level university degree with an additional two years of qualifying experience maybe accepted in lieu of advanced degree.
Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in communication or related field is required. Proven editorial skills, including research, writing, substantive editing, copy-editing and proofreading, oral and writing communication skills is required.